Sign in to follow this  
okupton

Mulitplayer Crash

Hey everyone,

I was playing Arma2 multiplayer earlier (a co-op mission), and Arma2 crashed. Now every time I try to play multiplayer, (an error message pops up saying Arma2 has stopped responding and Windows Vista 64bit tries to fix the problem. Of course Vista can't fix the problem, and Arma2 crashes back to the desktop. I downloaded Arma2 off of Steam about 2 weeks ago. I haven't downloaded or added anything to the game as far as addons go. Maybe something downloaded into through a mulitplayer game that is causing problems? Any help would be appreciated. Like I said, vista 64 bit and Arma2 from Steam. And my pc has run Arma2 flawlessly until this.

Thanks,

Orman

I have just had this problem start happenig as well - I have had enough of all the fixes and tweaks we have to go through to get this game to work...

I brought the game from a retail store here is AUS only a week and a half ago. I think I'll be putting the game up for sale on eBay in the next few days.

:mad:

Try uninstall Arma2 and the folders, Uninstall video drivers and run driver cab cleaner in safe mode reboot and install the latest video drivers. Then install game.

Thanks for the tip - what i did to fix this problem was, restart my PC and delete everything in the following (Vista32) folders:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ArmA2\MPMissionsCache

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ArmA2\players

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ArmA2\squads

A simple restart might fix the problem without deleting files - but I thought I'd clean up some crap as well...

So i'm working again... but I'm still not impressed with all the 'maintenance' this game requires to keep it stable. BIS have a lot to deliver in the next patch. :mad: