Sign in to follow this  
LondonLad

nVidia Drivers Update thread (for all new nVidia drivers)

I've gone back 186.18, was getting too many crashes with the 190's

Hey guys,

Just to keep you updated, the 190.40 Beta drivers are released on Guru3d, I have no personal experience with them yet, but they're might worth a try for the ones with problems with the other 190' serie drivers.

Vista 32 bit/windows 7 32 bit

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-ForceWare-190.40-Win-7-|-Vista-%2832-bit%29-download-2335.html

Vista 64 bit/windows 7 64 bit

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-ForceWare-190.40-Win-7-|-Vista-%2864-bit%29-download-2336.html

Windows XP 32 bit

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-ForceWare-190.40-XP-%2832-bit%29-download-2334.html

Its quite annoying all these updates sometimes, I'd jsut finished the reinstall of 186 loaded up browser and there's new 190's lol

I downloaded the 190.15 drivers a couple of days ago & it gave me quite a big boost with ArmA 2,ive extended the view distance over 3000m now with no slowdown,running on a mix of normal & high settings.

Also I had a go on Crysis last night, now when I bought this PC 2 years ago I bought it with the sole intention of playing Crysis so spent about £1200 on the best rig I could at the time, yet Crysis wouldnt run on it without turning the settings down to high with no AA & even then it stuttered in places, but when I played it last night the game configured itself to everything on very high with 8x AA & runs flawlessly even though I havent upgraded any hardware since I bought this rig, so these 190 series drivers definitely make a difference! :cool:

anyone tried the 190.40's yet?

.38s give me texture bugs after a while of playing and if I dont flush fast enough then it CTDs.

I went back to 182.50

Neither the WHQL nor the beta work for me. Both have serious texture and LOD issues. Not even close to normal in Arma 2, even though other games work flawlessly. Quite odd.

New Profiles from NVIDIA in 190.38 driver:

Enables SLI support for Resident Evil 5

Enables SLI support for Anno 1404

Enables SLI support for Americas Army 3

Enables SLI support for Darkest of Days

Enables SLI support for ArmA 2

at last :)

190.38s been fantastic for me.. Well lets say Win 7 install anyway.

Gained ~5-10FPS in MP.. Now most scenes are 70-80FPS @ 1920x1200 with the lows of only mid to high 50s even in big cities (and thats Mostly Very High aside from Shadow and PP)

Cant wait to see what these drivers and 1.03 patch will do if they fix some of the performance glitches.

I would strongly suggest for people to try this game on Win7 and this driver as fresh install if you have time and patience, Esp if you are on SLi :)

Win 7 ~6200 Arma Mark II, vs Vista ~5500 on same driver (Oh i7's turn of HT fot this game ATM)

I don't think we need a brand new thread each time some .02 new version of the drivers is out :)

Well I'll try it out! Cant be any worse than things currently are with ARMA II!

Using the -winxp command helped me and made the texture/LOD problem with big blocky buildings and so on go away. I'm using 8GB, which wasn't an issue with the drivers before 190.38 (like 190.15).

For those with performance issues using these drivers are you also using nHancer?

I only ask as these drivers contain a SLI profile/fix - I wonder whether using these drivers and nHancer at the same time causes a performance issue?!