Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

BlackOps and desert mercs

If the (director) of ACE adds BlackOps and desert mercs to ACE! It will be good, super, .....:rthumb:

I've noticed it seems when using this mod (Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel).....that when placing "Taliban" or "Terrorists" members on the map witin the editor....... It seems when playing they appear more as members of the "Gangsters"....

I've noticed it seems when using this mod (Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel).....that when placing "Taliban" or "Terrorists" members on the map witin the editor....... It seems when playing they appear more as members of the "Gangsters"....

This is a known bug. Its not that they are gangsters its just that the players character doesn't have the Headgear. This can be fixed using the setIdentity command but I don't know how.

This is a known bug. Its not that they are gangsters its just that the players character doesn't have the Headgear. This can be fixed using the setIdentity command but I don't know how.

Ok.....Hopefully someone will know how..

Ok.....Hopefully someone will know how..

:threadjacked:

you have to create a description.ext file.

Here is a great description.ext maker with a user friendly GUI.

In the description.ext file, there will be a configuration for classes, which will look like this:

*Highlighted sections in Red are ares that you can edit

class CfgIdentities
{

class [color="Red"]SAS[/color] {
name="[color="red"]Ghost[/color]";
face="[color="red"]Merc_Face29[/color]";
glasses="[color="red"]b_TacticalGlasses[/color]";
speaker="[color="red"]Male01EN[/color]";
pitch=[color="red"]1.0[/color];
};

};

Then, in the init line of your unit you'll put

this setIdentity "SAS";

The name will now display as "Ghost," they'll be using the Merc_Face29 (the skull mask) and be wearing tactical sunglasses. You can also set the voice as well as the pitch. Of course you just edit this as needed for your own guys.

And you can set more than one unit to the same Identity, thus making it possible to have an entire clone army of Ghosts ;)

Back to topic: love the units mate, CANNOT wait for the next update :D

Edited by TheRev709

Is there a complete list of classnames anywhere. I mean one that has all the mercs, US Forces (seals, desert sf, army), and terrorists.

I am mostly interested in the desert sf and US army units though. I looked in the readme but all thats in there is a list of stuff for the setIdentity command.

I'm curious if there's a full list of the class names for the head gear and such. That would be really awesome.

I'm curious if there's a full list of the class names for the head gear and such. That would be really awesome.

There is the v5 readme. I just want the actuall unit classnames.

Is Schnap still alive? Not heard any updates from him in a while

Edited by Liam!!!!

Is Schnap still alive? Not heard any updates from him in a while

Just send him a PM if you want to know.

Just send him a PM if you want to know.

I did a while ago and he has answered since. :confused:

I love schnaps mercs. I hope he returns and makes some new ones for OA. :D

There is the v5 readme. I just want the actuall unit classnames.

Yes. I also am in the need of the classname lists of the addon...

Can anyone tell me where I can find these names in the .pbo?

i found them out the hardway. Make a mission in the editor, place all the units you want to know on.. Utes for example. then save it as TEST or something. go to the mission pbo and unpack it. read the mission list, the troops will be written there.

I'm sure there is a better way but i am no modder and thats the quickest way i thought of to get the names :S

PS. many of the units are called "name"_3 and _6 and so on. dosn't state medic, assault. so one unit at a time is required if after a spacific one.

Edited by Calgar
extra info

Yes. I also am in the need of the classname lists of the addon...

Can anyone tell me where I can find these names in the .pbo?

In the class CfgVehicles section of the config.cpp.

EDIT: Actually you'd probably be able to see a list of them in the class CfgPatches as well under 'units[] = {};'

i found them out the hardway. Make a mission in the editor, place all the units you want to know on.. Utes for example. then save it as TEST or something. go to the mission pbo and unpack it. read the mission list, the troops will be written there.

I'm sure there is a better way but i am no modder and thats the quickest way i thought of to get the names :S

PS. many of the units are called "name"_3 and _6 and so on. dosn't state medic, assault. so one unit at a time is required if after a spacific one.

Why do you have to unpack a pbo? I just saved it as Mercs_Test, went into my missions foldier (mydocs\arma2\missions) and opened the mission.sqm in notepad and had them all right there. I just wrote down the order that I placed them in the editor, and that was the order they were in the mission.sqm file.

Oh i didn't, sorry, i remember opening the PBO to edit the mod itself and remembered it as part of the method i used. My bad.

Indeed i only viewed the file in the mission save via notepad also.

It seems to crash when I use them in OA. And it crashes randomly.....

It seems to crash when I use them in OA. And it crashes randomly.....

You are using combined ops right. I have been using these in OA fine, my game didn't start crashing till I started to use the UKF stuff.

Edit: Well when trying to use the conversation feature w/the middle eastern terrorists, my game crashed. :(

Hopefully schnap returns and updates these.

Edited by Nightrain

i have 2 questions

1. is there a thing to make the mercenaries in premade groups

2. is there a way i can buy the mercanaires in warfare

^ that was five months ago . . . any sitrep?

Edited by Rellikki