Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

BlackOps and desert mercs

Wow great Units I am waiting for!!

I think ODA Forces with Scull Mask would be nice too. I love your work!!

I think the example photos from AnimalMother92 are great one how SF Units have to look like!

Make so on! I am very nervous when its released!!

I was just trying to help the dude out. I'll just rip it all apart and make it the way I want after he releases it.

And how will you release it after he doesn't give you permissions to do so? if its binarised you'll be ripping nothing apart anyway. Besides, im thinking that maybe you haven't modelled anything before...

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

oh yeah i forgot, how about a RAMBO character? :P

And how will you release it after he doesn't give you permissions to do so? if its binarised you'll be ripping nothing apart anyway. Besides, im thinking that maybe you haven't modelled anything before...

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

oh yeah i forgot, how about a RAMBO character? :P

Did I say anything about releasing it? I've ripped apart and customized tons of addons along with about half of this community. You must not know much about addons. I don't have to know how to model, I have people to do it for me. :)

EDIT: LMAO, you only have 8 post and just joined this community so obviously you don't know much about what I'm talking about.

Man, this thread is going nuts. Anyway, great work I love the textures. Just wish they didn't have those damn MTV's on...

Enough with the flamebaiting now and back on topic which is about Schnapsdrosels units he decides what they wear and what not. He wants one with a beret fine - if you can't live with the fact ignore the model or the addon at all and move on.

Are you saying we can't post our opinions? That's pretty damn stupid. What the hell is the point of having a forum if you can't post your opinion?

This mod working OK with Patch 1.04?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

YESSSS I've been waiting for some Afghani/Arab looking insurgents - Time to lay waste to the Western invaders - Disclaimer - "I in no way endorse terrorism, except when it's in the form of legitimate resistance against foreign occupiers who really have NO reason to be there and cause more harm than good.

This mod working OK with Patch 1.04?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

YESSSS I've been waiting for some Afghani/Arab looking insurgents - Time to lay waste to the Western invaders - Disclaimer - "I in no way endorse terrorism, except when it's in the form of legitimate resistance against foreign occupiers who really have NO reason to be there and cause more harm than good.

Should work with 1.04, at least it works for me ;)

little update:

1fd2y.jpg1fd2.jpg

Is this issue known?

#Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2
#Warning: special LOD contains 2nd UV set.
#Warnings in bb_mercs_desert\skull_cap2.p3d:10001

Happened with latest 1.04 Beta in the editor, no other mods were loaded: http://glt.pastebin.com/f34bff284

cool, will that be for the mercs or SF pack?

I don't know yet, where would you put it?

Is this issue known?

#Warning: special LOD contains 2nd UV set.
#Warnings in bb_mercs_desert\skull_cap2.p3d:10001

Happened with latest 1.04 Beta in the editor, no other mods were loaded: http://glt.pastebin.com/f34bff284

Thanks for letting me know, it's fixed now, will be corrected in the next update...

I don't know yet, where would you put it?

For the SF pack, i would say that the most appropriate thing would be the FR models using a mix of woodland camo, desert camo, ACU, and multicam. something along those lines. i guess i would lean towards SF for that pic based on the camo and cap. the reference photos from a couple pages back are kinda what im talking about. but its totally up to you :)

hey schnappy,will you consider to add some chechen rebels too?i saw youtube videos about them....idk how to post links..........

The multicam guy looks great, but perhaps you should add some shadow under the collar so it stands out better? :)

@Schnapsdrosel:

Good to hear there's an update soon :) The units are great, especially the Taliban and the BlackOps :yay:

Anyway I noticed there are some standard USMC soldiers among the mercenaries?! Is this intended to be.

Can you please add some of the soldiers to vehicles? :o It's a pain placing empty vehicles and moving infantry inside manually. Would be nice to have Taliban mounted on the Datsun jeeps. Mercanaries would fit to the jeeps too.

The multicam guy looks great, but perhaps you should add some shadow under the collar so it stands out better? :)

Thanks for the advice, I will try to do that...

hey schnappy,will you consider to add some chechen rebels too?i saw youtube videos about them....idk how to post links..........

Well, at least not right now, I'm already busy enough with making some more SF stuff...

Can you please add some of the soldiers to vehicles? :o It's a pain placing empty vehicles and moving infantry inside manually. Would be nice to have Taliban mounted on the Datsun jeeps. Mercanaries would fit to the jeeps too.

Good idea, might do that on the next update...

Btw, here's a pic of the acu version of the SF guy:

1fd2a.jpg

cool, will that be for the mercs or SF pack?

Please do it for Special Forces Units!!:):)

Edited by Rellikki
Posted in all bold

Did I say anything about releasing it? I've ripped apart and customized tons of addons along with about half of this community. You must not know much about addons. I don't have to know how to model, I have people to do it for me. :)

EDIT: LMAO, you only have 8 post and just joined this community so obviously you don't know much about what I'm talking about.

Well good luck getting the pack modified, if it ever actually happens.

As for that second part, I fail to see its relevance considering you can't model anything for yourself. And the fact that you've been in the community longer doesn't do you any favours, I have only 8 posts yet I have been actively modelling and actually have a release which I made as I learned how to model. So yeah, 8 posts and 2 months playing Arma2 and I've progressed more in the addon community than you have in about 2 years.

Hey Schnapsdrosel,

Any chance of making SF personnel with desert tigerstripe (future release)? Like these, Tiger Stripe Products Field Photos

Well, for the first release of the SF pack I'm only planing to use multicam and acu and maybe tri color desert camo, but I might put in some more camo versions in further releases...

Hi. Thanks for making these.

I'm still a newbie with Arma2, but I'm trying to learn how to use the mission 'wizard' and the editor to set up my own missions. But can you (or someone) please set me straight here... I'm trying to set up missions so I can play against a team of these guys...

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1341/terroristk.jpg

but either I don't see them, or I'm setting up something wrong. Because I keep changing the enemy to different ones, and I can't seem to come up with that one.

I wanna pretend I'm a US Marine Rambo-type going thru a city center sort of area against those guys, and/or a small team of US guys against a very large team of those guys. Please tell me whom I should be selecting for Units to make that happen.

Hi. Thanks for making these.

I'm still a newbie with Arma2, but I'm trying to learn how to use the mission 'wizard' and the editor to set up my own missions. But can you (or someone) please set me straight here... I'm trying to set up missions so I can play against a team of these guys...

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1341/terroristk.jpg

but either I don't see them, or I'm setting up something wrong. Because I keep changing the enemy to different ones, and I can't seem to come up with that one.

I wanna pretend I'm a US Marine Rambo-type going thru a city center sort of area against those guys, and/or a small team of US guys against a very large team of those guys. Please tell me whom I should be selecting for Units to make that happen.

Choose either the Terrorist (Teamleader) or the Terrorist (Sniper)

and put this code in the units init:

this setface "Merc_Face16";

and if you want some variation you could also use:

this setface "Merc_Face17";

for the SF pack are you planning on doing some mixed camo? as in tri color desert pants and ACU top etc? maybe same for woodland, like the old US woodland pattern mixed with multicam or ACU to give a less uniform appearance.

new models are looking good!

Choose either the Terrorist (Teamleader) or the Terrorist (Sniper)

and put this code in the units init:

and if you want some variation you could also use:

Thanks for your time. I'm learning a bit more each day.