Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

BlackOps and desert mercs

Is there a way to get the AI to show up as a Medic in the bottom of the screen when playing on your team? He is not identifiyed so make it difficult to remember which one is the Medic.

Is there a way to get the AI to show up as a Medic in the bottom of the screen when playing on your team? He is not identifiyed so make it difficult to remember which one is the Medic.

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten to add this to the blackop (medic), I will fix this on the next update...

Any plans to release Taliban vehicle pack mod? Great addon btw! Thanks

Sorry no plans on vehicles of any kind, I'm busy enough making player models :p ...

leonsoldier.jpgskullface.jpg

combatdiver.jpgsargef.jpg

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten to add this to the blackop (medic), I will fix this on the next update...

Thanks much!

is there any chance of getting some units w/ class names like "US SF Soldier" that could be used for Green Berets/Delta?

Some of the merc classes already look very close, but with slight tweaking of camo and a change of class names they could be infinitely more useful for different scenarios.

Like this:

080506-greenberets-vmed-215a.widec.jpg

ht_berets06_070530_ssh.jpg

Hey Schnapsdrosel,I like your units especially the black ops(they're the ones I'm using the most) but for your next release could you make in black the BIS FR demolition and sniper soldiers?That way the black ops pack will have more variation.

is there any chance of getting some units w/ class names like "US SF Soldier" that could be used for Green Berets/Delta?

Some of the merc classes already look very close, but with slight tweaking of camo and a change of class names they could be infinitely more useful for different scenarios.

Like this:

Well, right now I'm working on some more SF like units and they will get called SF Soldiers or sth. like that, I still don't know if I will seperate it from the mercs as a single addon or include it in the pack, what do you think?

Hey Schnapsdrosel,I like your units especially the black ops(they're the ones I'm using the most) but for your next release could you make in black the BIS FR demolition and sniper soldiers?That way the black ops pack will have more variation.

I don't know if I will add exactly these units as BlackOps, but I will add some units in black to this SF/update pack, too.

little update:

fixedberet.jpgblackbaret.jpg

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

Well, right now I'm working on some more SF like units and they will get called SF Soldiers or sth. like that, I still don't know if I will seperate it from the mercs as a single addon or include it in the pack, what do you think?

I'd vote for a separate SF pack but that's just my opinion. Glad to see you have more sweet units in the works :)

I'd vote for a separate SF pack but that's just my opinion. Glad to see you have more sweet units in the works :)
I´d vote for a separate SF pack too, exactly like this(or maybe not only ACU but Multicam too, as some of SF units use Multicam):

ht_berets06_070530_ssh.jpg

I second the vote for separate SF pack.

p.s. Must include FACIAL HAIR on SF :)

You gotta get rid of those berets. Nobody wears those in the field, only in garrison.

You gotta get rid of those berets. Nobody wears those in the field, only in garrison.

qft......We don't wear those thingies in an operation sense. And most people despise them lol

qft......We don't wear those thingies in an operation sense. And most people despise them lol

Oh ... really? Nobody wears them in the field?

Now I'm surprised, thanks for letting me know,

I guess now I'll have to delete them instantly!

6025_Donkey.jpg

But seriously, common sense tells you that nobody wears a beret

in combat/"the field" these days, you don’t need to be an expert to

know that...

I made them on request and published these screenshots only to show

them of, I think at least the 2 people that requested these will find some

use for the berets.

You will be able to choose to wear/don't wear them

in the faces selection glasses menu. With that said,

I hope you will allow me to keep them... :rolleyes:

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

Nice reaction to critisism. Its your addon, if you don't want it to be accurate then thats on you.

This community continues to get worse and worse.

With all the lapses in realism that are inherent in any game, does one beret really make a difference? In any case the vast majority of people using this are going to be using it in the editor, or in missions made in the editor in which case if the inclusion of a unit with a beret terminally offends you or breaks the game's immersion (you know, more than the AI walking through walls) then nobody is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to use it.

At the end of the day if you don't like it, make your own addon... with blackjack, and hookers. (with apologies to Futurama). ;)

I personally am all for having additional variety in the headgear department. :D

Man I'm looking forward to the next release of this. Bring on more SF dudes with beards!

Oh ... really? :rolleyes:

Sorry, thought maybe you didn't really know? Whatever bro, your shtick.

Actually the one with the Black Beret Reminds me of GI JOE.

I would actually love to see SF in MultiCam and a Green Beret.

Nice reaction to critisism. Its your addon, if you don't want it to be accurate then thats on you.

This community continues to get worse and worse.

LOL, please, don't let us stop you returning to the DR community then. Plenty of impolite criticism like yours to be found there.

@Monty67t -- I can find various reasons to have a beret in game, such as ingame cutscenes, PR filming, etc. We all like realism just as much, if not more, than the next person. I'm sure people are aware true operators would not wear one in the field. But it can be put to other uses.

I was just trying to help the dude out. I'll just rip it all apart and make it the way I want after he releases it.