Sign in to follow this  
Redfield-77

What is your favorite ARMA 2 Loadout?

I started to reply to a thread with this title but then realized it was from 2003. I thought I would make a new one for arma 2.

I see alot of people using sniper rifles in MP. This of course is to be expected because they are practical for most engagements. The standard loadout seems to be sniper rifle and some kind of shoulder fired AT/AA weapon. I found this kind of funny, looking at a guy lying prone in a ghille with a giant Metis or Javelin sticking up in the air. To each his own I guess.

My favorite Loadout is the MK 48 Mod 0 with as much ammo as I can carry and 2 M67 grenades. The MK 48 mod 0 is death incarnate, I cant get enough of this gun :shoot: It always seems practical in any situation. I also regularly get kills at 600-700 meters with the opening burst if im prone.

So whats your MP loadout?

M4A1 Holo ACOG for me.

I'm usually pretty accurate up to 500m with it.

When I want to carry the most in Domination and be able to handle any situation, its a standard layout of M16/M203/ACOG, SMAW with 2 rounds and 2 satchels.

When I start feeling the effect of this horribly unbalanced and unrestricted role, I generally pick the XM8SAW (MG36 mags) and choose SMAW with 1 round (the M136 simply take too much space) alternativly just 2 satchels and no SMAW, filling what's left with smoke grenades or regular grenades. The good thing with the XM8 is that you can scrounge regular ammo and use 30 rounds as well as 100... And it got an ACOG scope!

Otherwise I take what's given to me in the role the mission designer has specified. Its not like you have much choice there.

Urban combat loadout

G36C with drummagazines SMAW with 2x AntiArmour rounds and the M9 pistol

Medium to close combat loadout

M4 M203 ACOG SMAW with 2x AntiArmour rounds and the M9

Long range combat loadout

M24 Javelin + 1 rounds and the M9

M4A1 RCO M203

SMAW

Satchel charge(s)

laser designator

no-pistol

load up, put rifle to backpack and then load up again..... then CTD lol :(

I like the the grenadier/squad leader gun (it has a really good scope, powerful rounds, and a nice big juicy grenade launcher), with 8 HE Grenade rounds, A smaw with 3 HE rounds, and 5 magazines for my M4A1.

I never live long enough to use all my M4 ammo, but i always end up getting 2-3 tank kills, 15+ soldier kills, and lots of cars with the grenade HE rounds.

I like that loadout for domination game modes.

In general however, give me an A-10, and by the end of the match i'll be right at the top of that score board :D I just love flying in and squashing an entire town with my 500 pound bombs, Mavericks, Hydras, and Gau-8

:D:D:D

Edited by Guest

Someone should fix this lol.

Its stupid to have M107 snipers + AT/AA launchers + NV + l4z0r etc...

BiS should make it so you have like roles/ classes witch have limited weapons.

Not like BF, but only so it restricts witch weapons you can carry. (no launchers for snipers for example...)

I am curious why so many would choose the M4 carbine over the M16 rifle? I havent checked the data, but theoretically the M16 would be a tad more accurate, yes? I dont really see the advantage of a shorter barrel in urban combat being modelled ingame...

I am curious why so many would choose the M4 carbine over the M16 rifle? I havent checked the data, but theoretically the M16 would be a tad more accurate, yes? I dont really see the advantage of a shorter barrel in urban combat being modelled ingame...

ATM, the accuracy and range of a gun depends on the magazine and ammo as opposed to the gun. I think this is going to be modded in the ACE2 Mod though.

I tend to take an AK with a scope and an RPG-7 if possible if I am fighting on the NAPA, Chedaki, CDF or Russian side. I never used to take a grenade launcher but if I find one on a body with a scope I take it.

As far as playing as the Marines I tend to take an M16 with a scope and a SMAW with at least one round. Once again a grenade launcher is nice if I find one but I don't actively take one most the time.

EDIT: If a G36 is around though that beats all else.

MVD rifleman with RPG-7, I love their helmets and balaclavas wish USMC had a similar guy.

Well, this certainly highlights how silly the loadouts in ArmA can be.

I dont know why the others do it, but personally i like the M4A1 for urban combat for full auto.

XM8-Xm320 3 100 round magazines SMAW Launcher with 3 rockets and 8 m320 rounds for the grenade launcher.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

or even the barret 50 caliber with a m1911

I like the m4 with acog and 203's with smoke grenades.

I also use the xm8 sharpshooter quite a bit.

I usually carry some sort of AT rocket as well.

I tend to carry a loadout that supports the role I am playing at the time.

i love the m16 with mortar.. (ofp).. it was the coolest kit ever.

that kinda stuck with me and M16 with m203 in arma is what I like. There is plenty of people that love carry the m136 and so on, I normaly end up being "strategic" leader when we play coop. Like ordering which cities to attack, vehicles to bring and so on. Then my friend is tactical leader and suggest which cover to cover to use.

So I get very far with just a m16 and the map for my playing. Otherwise i prefer flying...

in warfare and stuff, ofcourse you have to take the ûber layout of scoped+at with as many rounds as possible.. but that is standard i guess.

Well, this certainly highlights how silly the loadouts in ArmA can be.

Whats that supposed to mean? We are all "silly" for having loadouts that we personally like?

Hi all

For a big coop or large scale Realistic PvP. A pistol, the Map, VOIP, or Teamspeak and Platoon or Company of experienced players and ex or serving military.

For most missions as a grunt

Either an M16/M203/ACOG, SMAW with 3 rounds a smoke grenade or two and a Makarov SD. Or an M240 and full mags with a Makarov SD.

For CTF the Bizon SD.

Kind Regards walker

500 Rnd 20mm M61A1

2 Rnd SidewinderX

2 Rnd AIM120

6 Rnd Mavrick

128 Flares

1 waypoint.....

f16_addon.jpg?t=1248202295

Edited by Thirdup

CQB: M4A1 Holo with nade launcher

Medium range: XM8 with grenade launcher

Long range: M107

M16A4 M203 ACOG

Smaw

M9 sd

5.56 clips, m203 grenades, smokes, HEDP HEAA, satchel charge.

Good for distance shooting, can put some grenades on the enemy, can take out vehicles and the pistol for silent kills and buildings.

Whats that supposed to mean? We are all "silly" for having loadouts that we personally like?

You must be rather sensitive about this issue to read that into my statement. I meant simply that both the restrictions (only 8 203 rounds) and allowances (SMAW + 2 rounds + plus sniper rifle) are silly and not based in reality. The former is an unrealistic restriction, the latter should come with consequences, e.g. being forced to walk around like this:

070409ap_marines_800.JPG

Something like a SMAW is not a backup weapon to be slung casually over the shoulder. It is a big, heavy, cumbersome, crew-served weapon.

Edited by akd42

You must be rather sensitive about this issue to read that into my statement. I meant simply that both the restrictions (only 8 203 rounds) and allowances (SMAW + 2 rounds + plus sniper rifle) are silly and not based in reality. The former is an unrealistic restriction, the latter should come with consequences, e.g. being forced to walk around like this:

Something like a SMAW is not a backup weapon to be slung casually over the shoulder. It is a big, heavy, cumbersome crew-served weapon.

Oh ok, sorry for taking it the wrong way. I understand now :)

As an example, let's look at the weight for a seemingly "realistic" loadout listed above:

M16A4 M203 ACOG - approx 11 lbs

Smaw with 1 HEAA and 1 HEDP - 43.4 lbs

M9 sd with two clips - 4.1 lbs

5 x M16 mags - 5 lbs

40mm grenades x 6 - 3 lbs

smoke grenades x 2 - 2 lbs

Satchel charge - 20 lbs

Total weight for weapons and ammo alone = 88.5 lbs

The goal to maintain combat efficiency is less load of less than 48 lbs. The goal for marching (not combat) is less than 75 lbs.

The common uniform alone (clothing, helmet, LBV, water) weighs 23.63 lbs.

add interceptor body armor for a cumulative weight of 40 lbs

add the minimum weapons and ammo loadout for a rifleman (M4, bayonet, 7 mags) for a cumulative weight of 54.6 lbs and you have already exceeded the goal for a combat load without even considering optics, NVGs, grenades, lights, IR designator, etc.

Total soldier's load for the ArmA 2 loadout above would be in excess of 130 lbs! You would not be able to fight.