Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Nuke!

My opinion :NUKES are weapons for cowards. Close combat is the way it should be. Like good infantry/armor clashes. About nuking Japan :It was needed because Japan was not going to surrender easily and if the U.S.A landed on Japan they could have taken thousands of casualties.

Did you actually think about what you were saying before you posted?

I did.

You first said "Nukes are weapons for cowards", then you say "The Americans had to nuke Japan to prevent heavy casualties".

So are you saying that the Americans are cowards, or are you contradicting yourself?

Sorry that post was bit unclear. That time in second world war then they used those nukes in Japan it saved lives because if America have landed to Japan the Japanese might have fought to the last man. That time nukes worked in these days the don't work anymore. I were bit contradicting. I can admit that. Sorry :o :o.

Edited by 33BO11OF00

Nuke is most dangerous weapon,it is bad for humanity.everyone have nuke.

The vast majority of developing countries cannot afford them.

I also think that nuclear energy is also a good source of energy.so its use should be in humanity way/mankind.

About nuking Japan :It was needed because Japan was not going to surrender easily
Actually, Japan surrendered before they were nuked, IIRC.

Actually, Japan surrendered before they were nuked, IIRC.

You most certainly do not recall correctly, but let's keep this thread on topic.

You most certainly do not recall correctly, but let's keep this thread on topic.
Nah, I remember watching something about it on the History Channel, Japan tried to surrender but America didn't believe them or something.

Anyway, back on-topic.

Wouldn't a proper nuke in ArmA 2 crash our PC's? :P Also there'd definantly be a swarm of bad videos using that "Let the bodies hit the floor song" on Youtube making the game look bad, imo.

No. no. Japan didn't try to surrender. Japanse war generals tried to inflict casualties to U.S.A if they proceed to plan and landed to Japan. Then Japanese have dictated the peace by their own terms. This is why the Japanese was nuked. U.S.A wanted the unconditional surrender of Japanese. HEY! This is already OT so this conversation can go on here. ;) ;) ;)

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info

Nah, I remember watching something about it on the History Channel, Japan tried to surrender but America didn't believe them or something.

Incorrect. There were plans to make peace with the Russians, but not with the Americans. Surrender was only decided upon after the second nuke fell. Apparently one wasn't enough :p

Incorrect. There were plans to make peace with the Russians, but not with the Americans. Surrender was only decided upon after the second nuke fell. Apparently one wasn't enough :p
Heh, ok then.

Also, we went really off-topic in an off-topic discussion :S

Was there even a topic for this discussion in the first place?

I have found one Nuclear SCUD package for OFP. Don't use it! Those weapons are too effective. I used it and this happened: First I saw a small black cloud. Second some red sparks gone flying. After that whole screen went white and I get blown up. So don't use it. I think the OFP is trying to teach this: Don't use nukes.

ever hear about the guy who survived both nukes? He was in Hiroshima and was evaced to an aid camp set up in nagasaki.

Much confusion and disinfomation here....I dont know if wide spread media is a good thing or a bad thing anymore....

Half of you believe the Japanese tried to surrender before the war and the other half believe after.. Whats funny is we havent heard from anyone who was alive during that period..they are less and less and probably are not gamers.

I think the history channel is sorta accurate but being in the aviaton field of work I never see things on TV that reflect the true nature of the incident/story. US Coast Guard rescues I have been personally involved with are rarely broadcast with any accuracy what so ever....

Comparing Trumann to Hitler is ludacris.......

Hitler attacked others and murdered inocent people for the cause of genocide. Pure Evil.

In case you forget...The Japanese were also aligned with the Germans and Italians and all parties are responsible for the atraucities that happened during that war...

You should do some research on what Japan did to China during that time and you will see that they had the same evil thought process that Hitler did, it just didnt make as many headlines.

Dropping the bomb probably saved lives on both sides in the long run and also prevented several other wars due to the fear of nuclear conflict.

But Im not support nukes however at the time humanity did what it thought was neccesary to bring order to the world structure..

You have to remeber. Only a handfull of individuals had any idea what a nuke could do and no one understood the long term effects....kind like when they used to say a cigerette a day was good for you.

Well we know better now and hind sight is 20/20 but dont judge a man till you walk a mile in his shoes.

We will never know what the alternate ending to the non-nuclear WWII would be but I think the AXIS powers probably killed more people in the death camps then the sum total of both bombs.

The U.S. suffered 418,000 death from WWII

Heres some disinformation from Wikipedia:

Some scholars maintain that the definition of the Holocaust should also include the Nazis' systematic murder of millions of people in other groups, including ethnic Poles, the Romani, Soviet civilians, Soviet prisoners of war, people with disabilities, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, and other political and religious opponents.[3] By this definition, the total number of Holocaust victims would be between 11 million and 17 million people.[4]
The bombs killed as many as 140,000 people in Hiroshima and 80,000 in Nagasaki by the end of 1945,[4] with roughly half of those deaths occurring on the days of the bombings.
World War II casualty statistics vary greatly. Estimates of total dead range from 50 million to over 70 million.[36] The sources cited on this page document an estimated death toll in World War II of 62 to 78 million, making it the deadliest war ever

Very interesting infact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

So 2 bombs kill 220,000 but because of the Axis actions the world lost up to 78 million people! :eek:

In case you didnt get that: 78,000,000 lives lost

The tiny island of IWO JIMA caused the US 6,821 deaths and 19,217 injured.

The Japanese lost 18,300 dead and 216 captured.

Almost 50,000 dead and injured for a rock in the water the size of Utes.

If the Allies had to invade Japan that number would have been millions.

SO the bomb probably did save more lives than it took.

And dont go on about the U.S. is this and that, because I believe there were 13 countries or so that were part of the Allies and the decision was not made by Truman or any one man.

to break it down....If a policeman shots a person who is stabbing soemone are you trying to say that the Policeman and the Criminal are one in the same...they are similar in charature because they both cause violence.

Oh and btw.... I am Swiss and American

do you think we could make israel land , a land of glass with one huge hydrogen bomb ?

just one, but a huge model ! like 25 ton piece with few hundred liter of deuterium !

i think it would be the most beautifull firework , freely seeable by the whole world ! isrealit would be in first range :F

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Much confusion and disinfomation here....I dont know if wide spread media is a good thing or a bad thing anymore....

Half of you believe the Japanese tried to surrender before the war and the other half believe after.. Whats funny is we havent heard from anyone who was alive during that period..they are less and less and probably are not gamers.

I think the history channel is sorta accurate but being in the aviaton field of work I never see things on TV that reflect the true nature of the incident/story. US Coast Guard rescues I have been personally involved with are rarely broadcast with any accuracy what so ever....

Comparing Trumann to Hitler is ludacris.......

Hitler attacked others and murdered inocent people for the cause of genocide. Pure Evil.

In case you forget...The Japanese were also aligned with the Germans and Italians and all parties are responsible for the atraucities that happened during that war...

You should do some research on what Japan did to China during that time and you will see that they had the same evil thought process that Hitler did, it just didnt make as many headlines.

Dropping the bomb probably saved lives on both sides in the long run and also prevented several other wars due to the fear of nuclear conflict.

But Im not support nukes however at the time humanity did what it thought was neccesary to bring order to the world structure..

You have to remeber. Only a handfull of individuals had any idea what a nuke could do and no one understood the long term effects....kind like when they used to say a cigerette a day was good for you.

Well we know better now and hind sight is 20/20 but dont judge a man till you walk a mile in his shoes.

We will never know what the alternate ending to the non-nuclear WWII would be but I think the AXIS powers probably killed more people in the death camps then the sum total of both bombs.

The U.S. suffered 418,000 death from WWII

Heres some disinformation from Wikipedia:

Very interesting infact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

So 2 bombs kill 220,000 but because of the Axis actions the world lost up to 78 million people! :eek:

In case you didnt get that: 78,000,000 lives lost

The tiny island of IWO JIMA caused the US 6,821 deaths and 19,217 injured.

The Japanese lost 18,300 dead and 216 captured.

Almost 50,000 dead and injured for a rock in the water the size of Utes.

If the Allies had to invade Japan that number would have been millions.

SO the bomb probably did save more lives than it took.

And dont go on about the U.S. is this and that, because I believe there were 13 countries or so that were part of the Allies and the decision was not made by Truman or any one man.

to break it down....If a policeman shots a person who is stabbing soemone are you trying to say that the Policeman and the Criminal are one in the same...they are similar in charature because they both cause violence.

Oh and btw.... I am Swiss and American

i think the bombs save people even AFTER the war. without it , i think war will be continue until today . the 100 years war , S01E10 :(

do you think we could make israel land , a land of glass with one huge hydrogen bomb ?

just one, but a huge model ! like 25 ton piece with few hundred liter of deuterium !

i think it would be the most beautifull firework , freely seeable by the whole world ! isrealit would be in first range

Not that I always agree with Israel's policies (rarely, if ever actually) but advocating the total annihilation of a country is probably taking things a little too far.

You might want to edit your post as I suspect you are going to find that some people will take serious issue with your comments.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

It sounds crazy to say, but Hitler and his friends were even more twisted than most people think. The Holocaust was what they pulled off in wartime, so it's a good thing they never got a chance for their peacetime projects! After the end of the war, which killed 50 million soldiers and civilians on both sides, they planned to systematically kill through deliberate starvation 50 million MORE inhabitants of Poland, Ukraine and Western Russia, all to make room for the German people.

And the Holocaust is usually explained through Aushwitz, Treblinka and the rest. These were not the genocide, these were labor camps. We hear about them because there were so many survivors. There were places that had almost no survivors, and much of the killing wasn't done in camps at all, but by bullets all over Eastern Europe. In one village the Polish population murdered all the Jews just to impress the Gestapo that showed up in town one day.

And the use of the atomic bomb receives so much attention because of the near-apocalypse that followed and the radioactive side effects- both unintentional consequences of its use. The prior firebombing of nearly every Japanese city has caused death and destruction comparable to the two bombs, so the U.S. had proved that it had no problems wholesale slaughtering civilians, and not for a one-time or two-time bid to shock Japan into surrender, either.

The decision to use the bomb was understandable and logical given what Truman knew at the time (and this doesn't make it any less of an atrocity). A much wiser person or someone with hindsight could probably have found a better solution. It's slightly worrisome how vehemently some people defend its use there.