Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Non-blinding sun mod

Mhhh.... how is the game adjusting to the light?

The existing blinding effect has a reason, because with the sun in my back im harder to see.

Even more so at night.

When my enemy looks into light, i have a good chance to pass by unseen.

The question is if you still can't see an enemy which is hiding in the dark.

AI isn't affected by lighting. Most multiplayer servers don't allow mods so it is a non issue.

why not make from this sunglasses addon ? :) {and some other imagination to the filter}

Great Addition to the game! Thank you!

why not make from this sunglasses addon ? :) {and some other imagination to the filter}

Nice idea.

But i would keep this for the normal view and then would be nice to have darker view if sunglasses are used. :rolleyes:

Again: Thank you for this!

edit1: Can we have some comparison pictures with Night Vision please?

edit2: How does the stars behavior?

Edited by bravo 6
typo

Each to their own I suppose but I really don't understand, isn't it more realistic/immersive without such a modification? Making the game easier doesn't necessarily make it a better game. But then I liked the head bob and motion-blur only it's now disadvantaging oneself to enable those. :confused_o:

Now i don't get blinded every time i'm in a roadblock and i try to look at the speeding vehicle in some of my night-based police games!

AI isn't affected by lighting. Most multiplayer servers don't allow mods so it is a non issue.

Yes, but if there are AI units moving in stealth then you would be able to see them with this mod unlike if the sun was blinding you.

I think, it's not realistic. Arma2 is a simulator, we shouldn't make a shooter from it, IMHO.

Sorry I'm going to have to call bullshit on your comment. In real life the sun glare doesn't cover 50% of the sky, and at night when looking at oncoming traffic you can still see the car or at least tell where the headlights are, it isn't just one giant ball of light.

isle-of-dogs-sun-glare%231.jpg

post-24-1144751252.jpg

Edited by Sakura_Chan

Those are photos however. Not comparable to real life. A sun going down like that can be impossible to look at.

Anyway - nice addon. ;)

It's a wonderful addon. It IS realistic and I will be using it ALL the time !

Good job and thankyou!

I think, it's not realistic. Arma2 is a simulator, we shouldn't make a shooter from it, IMHO.

Lol the lighting in arma is not realistic. It suffers from the typical over use of HDR type effects resulting in unrealistic lighting. I will be trying this mod when I get home.

Sakura_Chan, did you ever try to look at the Sun yourself? :) Or to look at the powerful headlights at night? Of course, the Sun doesn't cover half of the sky, but it's impossible to look at it in the sunny day not screwing up.

Edited by Roler

I think Sakura_Chan way is much more realistic, when I watch the sun irl it's not like it goes supernova, not in north Europe anyway.

Same goes for vehicles, I'm driving since I'm 16 got my license 3 years ago, used a lot my car during night for work and I'm pretty sure it's overdone on Arma2, even if it depends of what "flare level" is switched on.

Edited by dunedain

Donno man, i think if your not looking directly at the sun you can still see, if it was like it is in game there would be a hell ofa lot of car crashes if you were driving towards the sun. as i can see on the first pic..the sun is not right in the middle of the screen so id say its on your inner peripheral but you are not focusing on it! Secondly with a car you are usualy looking down towards the lights but not straight in them!

dunedain

Of course. But that was the only way to make this effect. If you look at the side of the Sun you screw up and you view getting smaller and you want to look at the other side. Therefore people wear sunglasses.

At dark night, if you see a bright light you'll become blind for a time.

I think this game isnt trying to simulate how the sun actualy glares, its trying to simulate "a way" to blind you looking directly at it.

Simply simulating blinded by the bright sun, not trying to suggest its glare is actually that large in real life. The perspective is from you in a game and being blinded / finding it hard to look at it directly and the way BIS have done it pretty much does the job its required.

I think people are taking it too literally.

Anyway thanks for the mod becuase at least it gives people the choice :)

I think this game isnt trying to simulate how the sun actualy glares, its trying to simulate "a way" to blind you looking directly at it.

Simply simulating blinded by the bright sun, not trying to suggest its glare is actually that large in real life. The perspective is from you in a game and being blinded / finding it hard to look at it directly and the way BIS have done it pretty much does the job its required.

I think people are taking it too literally.

Anyway thanks for the mod becuase at least it gives people the choice :)

+1 I am completely agreed, Mr. Cash. :)

Is there a way to just cut down on the radius of the effect? It does seem a little strong. I think cutting the radius to 65% of its current size would be nice. I don't know if that would be possible though.

Edited by SnakeGRNET