Sign in to follow this  
zenger

-=SARMAT=- Studio presents: WIP screenshots of the new project "Wings of Russia".

On the other hand, let's not declare them guilty until proven innocent, just because they're russian modellers;if they ripped them, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough; these things tend to come out quick.

Exactly. Let this thread be please about the planes as we see them, no more accusations.

If someone has a problem with it, talk to the mods and give some proof.

On the other hand, let's not declare them guilty until proven innocent, just because they're russian modellers;if they ripped them, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough; these things tend to come out quick.

LOOOL "just because they're Russian modellers" I wasn't aware that your nationality gave you a handicap when it comes to modelling :P

LOOOL "just because they're Russian modellers" I wasn't aware that your nationality gave you a handicap when it comes to modelling :P

It think that's his point. ;)

Exactly. Let this thread be please about the planes as we see them, no more accusations.

If someone has a problem with it, talk to the mods and give some proof.

Any thread that claims other peoples work as their own should be about copyright and IP. Just because it would be great to have these and the models look good, doesn't give the right to break copyright. If the models are stolen and used without permission it's damn right it should be discussed in the thread. BIS has already taken steps towards a more firm attitude towards IP infractions. And it was mentioned earlier that people spend weeks towards making the models but I have to say that the truly great models take months even years to get to the standard they are. And usually they are done completely free and voluntarily so the least we can do is respect the rights. Just because you CAN do something doesn't give you the right to do so.

And to the topic at hand I admit these models do look nice and are a great addition to arma providing they have the proper permits to use them.

I think that there will be clarity if/when the addons are released, because at that point, the community has the ability to fully investigate the addon and find out the truth.

Any thread that claims other peoples work as their own should be about copyright and IP. Just because it would be great to have these and the models look good, doesn't give the right to break copyright. If the models are stolen and used without permission it's damn right it should be discussed in the thread. BIS has already taken steps towards a more firm attitude towards IP infractions. And it was mentioned earlier that people spend weeks towards making the models but I have to say that the truly great models take months even years to get to the standard they are. And usually they are done completely free and voluntarily so the least we can do is respect the rights. Just because you CAN do something doesn't give you the right to do so.

Listen buddy, give proof or shut the fuck up. Im serious, the first ten pages there where just accusations without proof, and now its the same thing all over again.

If you have proof post it or send it to the mods, but stopt this walls of text that only consist of stuff which has been said already.

Because like that its just a real insult to these guys.

I posted every plane they do. If you recognize a model post it, but for now, please restrain yourself from anymore talk about it. They certainly wont change their mind if they look in this thread and only see another 10 pages of "WUAHHH THEY STOLE ALL THE MODEL CAUSE THEY ARE RUSSIANS!!!1111" -_-

Dean, you need to do your homework. Just go back through the pages near to the start of the thread. The reason people are questioning SARMAT as to whether they have permissions stemmed from a previous offence in which they did infact use flight sim ports. To put it into context for you...

You're a shop keeper/store manager and someone walks into the shop, picks up an item and does a runner. The police turn up like an hour later and don't really give a fuck, take some details and bugger off.

The assailant is caught using CCTV or some shit and given a menial punishment along with a criminal record.

6 months later you're interviewing for new staff members and (yeah you guessed it) in walks the thief for his interview.

Would you give him the job or would you have you reservations about him?

Still at this point there stuff is not out so we should just leave it alone until we find out one way are anther. At this point if they did make the models if I were them I would not release them some of this stuff being said is insulting. I don't know why all these accusations know one know yet. So let this discussion die until we find out.

Is it against the rules to open a WIP thread without the intention of public release? (fills the boards with pointless crap/get your own website selfish!)

@Altimeter: The beginning of my post was not about the addon itself but to comments like "Who cares if they stole the stuff as long as we get them to our game". The ARMA community already has a reputation of being thieving bastards and I don't see comments like that helping to improve that. If we want to see truly great addons in the game we have to have a greater degree of respect for modellers and their work. Would you want to provide any hard made work to a community that you know will steal it and rip you off, maybe even start selling your models on commercial modelling sites. That has already happened and if everyone would agree that thieving cunts should be shot and banned from the community we would have a lot more great modellers working for arma! And as it has already been reported countless of times here these people have already been using addons without permission so everyone has a legitimate reason to doubt them. I always welcome new people and new addons but I will not accept stealing from other people. It's just plain simple as that. Why wont you agree with that?

@Dean.F: What proof are you looking for? The fact that these guys have previously stolen models is known by everyone (or at least should be). Or if you want to use lighter terms then used models without permission which were removed from public distribution. I am all for new content for Arma but like earlier I mention in this post I will not accept thieving. Proof that you somehow assume I'm accusing them of something? Please provide the text since I cannot see anything like that. I like many others here have already said that there is no problem IF (please use a dictionary to see what the word IF means ok?) they have proper permissions to use the models this time.

The fact that there is concerns about the source of the models with the history of these people is completely justified. What is the problem here? Like I mention in my previous post if you bothered to read it to the end, I would more than gladly see all these planes in Arma providing they're not stolen from anyone. You tell the people who have these concerns to shut up and go away, yet people who say "Stealing models from others is okay as long as we get new things ingame" are being praised by you?

And also read the next sentence REALLY carefully so you understand it: I do not have a problem if they are ports from FSX, OFP, ARMA1 or any other game as long as they have proper permission from the original authors of the model to release them for A2/OA.

Edited by Sekra

Is it against the rules to open a WIP thread without the intention of public release? (fills the boards with pointless crap/get your own website selfish!)

what are u complaining about here?

The AN-2 and IL-76 have been released and there are more on the way

But when SARMAT do release there models it should say in the copyright that "It is illegal for st3rv to download or use this model in anyway"

Ur only filling this board with pointless crap at the moment

im downloading it were ever its come from

Its comments like that, that make most addon makers wonder why we even bother. :(

im downloading it were ever its come from

I guess you buy stolen bikes, cars and TVs too as long as the price is good? Grow up.

Either way, I hope that all that Sarmat releases is with granted permissions, because that stuff looks ace!

All discussion about permission granted for these models or not stops now please.

And the "I don't care if it's stolen" trolls we ignore too, mkay?

The only thing which matters here is that we care about IP and everyone who is releasing addons with stolen content will face the consequences. Happened in the past already and will happen anytime again.

I guess you buy stolen bikes, cars and TVs too as long as the price is good? Grow up.

Either way, I hope that all that Sarmat releases is with granted permissions, because that stuff looks ace!

so you have never downloaded music of the internet or had a copied DVD. its the same thing.

you are innocent until proven guilty. just because they have a history for using illegal models doesn't mean these are illegal.

back on topic hope we here from them soon cant wait for them to be released. must of sent him millions of messages on youtube asking him about these beautiful aircraft.

so you have never downloaded music of the internet or had a copied DVD. its the same thing.

you are innocent until proven guilty. just because they have a history for using illegal models doesn't mean these are illegal.

back on topic hope we here from them soon cant wait for them to be released. must of sent him millions of messages on youtube asking him about these beautiful aircraft.

are you seriously stupid?

W0LLE said stop and let it go.

Back on subject.....

I hope to see all of the models come to frutition. The textures are simply incredible whether they be ports or not.

not much has come out.

if anyone would be so kind could someone please translate some of thier latest posts in thier forums and post a status here?

not much has come out.

if anyone would be so kind could someone please translate some of thier latest posts in thier forums and post a status here?

Its better then nothing:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ru&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://arma.at.ua/

Go to: FORUM -> NEWS -> News about the addons -> Maud Wings of Russia (Wings of Russia) - [sARMAT]