Sign in to follow this  
vaaf_rup

how to make a helo land and shut down on the deck of the Khe Sanh?

I can make an AI dustoff on land with helipads etc, but for the life of me I can't get the dustoff helo to land back on the Khe Sanh. I've tried setting the height of the helipad, using setPos and setPosASL to set the helipads to 20, 15.9, 130 and a range of other z values, and it just doesn't work.

Anybody got any magic advice for me?

Much appreciated

There is another thread about this, find it and see the progress there

There is another thread about this, find it and see the progress there

There's more than just one too. I've said it before and because nobody listens I'll say it again, search before starting new threads!

Post removed.

I guess dawg is right. ^^

There's more than just one too. I've said it before and because nobody listens I'll say it again, search before starting new threads!

I think my OP makes it clear that I have searched and searched. Both here and on armaholic. There are indeed many threads, all of which have similar issues and none with any conclusive resolution.

Perhaps your search-fu is much stronger than mine, in which case I would humbly request a link to the thread that conclusively answers my problems.

Thank you

Some threads are making progress but I don't think anyone's found any sure-fire way to do it.

It should be possible with careful use of the "flyInHeight" command and I remember posting the exact same thing in an other thread already. Not so long ago.

Thank you all, I've had no success with flyInHeight. Will keep trying and searching.

I´am looking solution for exact same problem. Couldn´t find any CLEAR solution from other topics either.

So, anybody .. How to make AI helo pilot to land on Khe Sanh ?

Havent tested this put try this:

HELOPAD setPosASL [ getPosASL HELOPAD select 0, getPosASL HELOPAD select 1, (getPosASL HELOPAD select 2) + 17 (or whatever number the height of the deck is)];

Edited by Meatball0311

Have you tired a simple Get Out waypoint for the landing on the ship with 2 close invisible helipads? Shot in the dark...

And while it is a great way to make yourself feel very smug and important, it takes just as long to post a link for those who haven't been able to find a thread.

Especially when no threads provide a better answer than mando heliroute which doesn't work very well at the moment due to BIS heli wp handling.

:j:

Nothing works. So far I have been using teleport to move a helo on deck. Too bad anyway. Maybe BIS makes a solution for this in future patches.