ProfTournesol

WW1 Mod Expansion Pack Release

The mod is already excellent!!

The way you have to fight is very very different of modern warfare.

I´m working on some little missions with GLII and works great.

Thanks ProfTournesol.

oh man, the links aren't working for me....been waiting for this expansion for some time, can anyone post a new link please?

Okay ty for replying so fast but i still have a problem with the file...i have had the core pack since you first released it but when i dl the expansion pack and unpack it all i get is a map of africa,without any of the extra units that are supposed to be in there...so no i am not a newb with addons or mods so i believe i'm doing it correctly any thoughts? any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't understand what's happening : the WW1ModExpansion folder contains 4 folders : Foreign addons included for missions, Mission, Mission editor missions and WW1Mod. This expansion pack is in this last folder "WW1mod" which contains itself 3 folders : Addons, Dta and Bin. Copy and paste those 3 folders Addons, Dta and bin in the previous WW1 Core pack folder that you already have installed. Accept any replacements of files, then launch the mod as every OFP mods through a shortcut.

Ok, i got it sorted out my .rar program was glitching. Thanx again for all the hard work that went into this fantastic mod and for sharing it with the ofp community!

Could anyone give me a step-by-step help with ammunition in multiplayer? I can't seem to figure it out from the readme :p.

Edited by Ovg

Could anyone give me a step-by-step help with ammunition in multiplayer? I can't seem to figure it out from the readme :p.

Well i'm not used to MP scripting, but try to put the game logic called "Ammo Bug Fix (SP/MP only)" on the map to see what happens.

It's a part of my problem. I tried putting it in, but it seemed to rearm only the AI (not the players). When you put it in a group with some units, it freezes the game during loading. So no idea.

Interesting thing is that, when I've changed the PGM_cfg_weap to make every gun hold more bullets in a magazine and modfied the units accordingly, they still won't get any ammo in multiplayer. Do they have any type of "pouch" weapon like in your great napoleonic mod (which I got to work in MP :D) ?

It's a part of my problem. I tried putting it in, but it seemed to rearm only the AI (not the players). When you put it in a group with some units, it freezes the game during loading. So no idea.

Interesting thing is that, when I've changed the PGM_cfg_weap to make every gun hold more bullets in a magazine and modfied the units accordingly, they still won't get any ammo in multiplayer. Do they have any type of "pouch" weapon like in your great napoleonic mod (which I got to work in MP :D) ?

Yes, they have the same kind of pouch simulating bayonet, and avoiding units to complain about having no ammo when they have too many magazines. Basically they have one "pouch" when they have no bayonet, and another one when they have bayonet.

I have a problem with the sound not working in your mod (I installed everything needed (except the missions) in a separate folder in OFP, with the usual Bin, Dta, AddOns and Campaigns subfolders). The mod works fine, just the sound and music is non-existant (they worked when I first tested the mod in Resistance's folder). Did I miss a .pbo file ?

I've already sent you a PM about this (where I describe the problem in greater detail). I'd appreciate any kind of troubleshooting advice. Thanks in advance.

I have a problem with the sound not working in your mod (I installed everything needed (except the missions) in a separate folder in OFP, with the usual Bin, Dta, AddOns and Campaigns subfolders). The mod works fine, just the sound and music is non-existant (they worked when I first tested the mod in Resistance's folder). Did I miss a .pbo file ?

I've already sent you a PM about this (where I describe the problem in greater detail). I'd appreciate any kind of troubleshooting advice. Thanks in advance.

From our PM conversation, the only thing i can see is a bad install of the mod. I installed myself this mod on three different computers, never had any troubles.

So :

Once you've downloaded the two packs named WW1Mod and WW1ModExpansion :

(1) Create a WW1mod folder into the main OFP directory, then copy into it the "addons" and "Dta" folders from the WW1Mod downloaded folder ; don't forget to copy the BIScamel addon into the WW1Mod addons folder ; eventually copy the icons ;

(2) Copy into it (and overwrite files when prompted) the "addons", "Dta" and "Bin" folders from the WW1ModExpansion downloaded folder ; eventually copy the foreign addons into the WW1Mod addons folder if you wanna play the missions ;

(3) Create a shortcut pointing to the WW1Mod folder like this :

ww1folder4.th.jpg

(4) Then, your "WW1Mod" folder should look like this :

ww1folder3.th.jpg

The "Dta" and "Bin" folders should look like this :

ww1folder1.th.jpg

The "Addons" folders should look like this :

ww1folder2.th.jpg

From our PM conversation, the only thing i can see is a bad install of the mod. I installed myself this mod on three different computers, never had any troubles.

So :

Well, thanks. I'll retry the entire installation from scratch. Hope it works. :)

P.S. All the best in the upcoming new year ! ;)