Sign in to follow this  
Moose_Qc

I reverted from Vista to Xp

try windows 7 then....

I did, within 10 minutes, I got blue screen of death. that was the 64 bit edit. So not thanks;)

I'm running windows 7 64bit and get blue screens when playin ARAMA2, and CTD's. But I guess you can’t expect stability running a release candidate.

Edited by Zeoof

Sounds like your system has problems not related to Win7 then, because i have never had a problem, running it as main OS for months now. First thing i would check with BSoD issues is RAM.

Sounds like your system has problems not related to Win7 then, because i have never had a problem, running it as main OS for months now. First thing i would check with BSoD issues is RAM.

Which proves nothing of the sort.

I reverted from Vista to Xp

Wow what a boost :D

Welcome back :D

I have dual boot vista/XP and found XP to be the one to stick with to clear out some choppiness fps drop and LOD lag. Both were sharing the same install folder on an external drive and I copied the config settings for each profile on both O/S's and tested same missions between them using same nvidia driver and worked out that XP (for me) was the one to stick with.

...using same nvidia driver and worked out that XP (for me) was the one to stick with.

*sigh*

I knew I would never had bought this Windows Vista thing.

It has a "Win 98 ME"-feel...

However I don't think its the OS name itself which makes this game falter, its the 64 bit version.

I'm guessing you're using the 32 bit XP version?

If people are going to mention that a certain OS isn't working well for them, could they please also mention their system specs?

Just to make your posts a bit less useless, thanks.

Have both vista 64 & 7 64, 7 is much better than vista but never tried xp. I also have never had an issue with 7 "crashes, freezes or blue screen". I don't have a legal copy of xp and not planning on buying one unless there is a significant performance increase from 7. Maybe someone with dual boot xp vs. 7 can shed some light.

I have to ask this:

Reverted to XP SP2 or XP SP3?

Are there improvement while using XP SP3 comparing to XP SP2?

Yeah, I did the same. Boosted it right up there. I did try Windows 7 first but it didn't come near the increase as XP.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Have both vista 64 & 7 64, 7 is much better than vista but never tried xp. I also have never had an issue with 7 "crashes, freezes or blue screen". I don't have a legal copy of xp and not planning on buying one unless there is a significant performance increase from 7. Maybe someone with dual boot xp vs. 7 can shed some light.

I've tried Win 7 and XP and Vista. XP fastest of all. No increase with Windows 7 over vista. both 64 bit versions. Win 7 would crash sometimes as well.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

I have to ask this:

Reverted to XP SP2 or XP SP3?

Are there improvement while using XP SP3 comparing to XP SP2?

No benefit with SP3 over 2. This has been documented that since the release of SP3 there wasn't any noticeable speed improvement over SP2 in any game.

If people are going to mention that a certain OS isn't working well for them, could they please also mention their system specs?

Just to make your posts a bit less useless, thanks.

The useful part was the Windows Vista 64 bit IMHO.

But to satisfy your needs.

CPU: Intel E8500 Dual core 3.17GHz

RAM: 4 GB (some brand)

Graphic card: Asus ENGTX260 TOP 896 MB.

Drivers: 186.18

I've tried with alot of different versions, turning PhysX on and off but to no avail.

Still getting these "freeze" moments when the FPS drops to 3-4 momentarily

Especially near buildings.

It seems 64 bit OS:es are not well supported by ArmA 2.

(Demo. Still waiting for Webhallen to get some copies in stock. Still not sure if I should cancel my order...)

*sigh*

I knew I would never had bought this Windows Vista thing.

It has a "Win 98 ME"-feel...

However I don't think its the OS name itself which makes this game falter, its the 64 bit version.

I'm guessing you're using the 32 bit XP version?

Yes thats right, my sig has it all listed.