Sign in to follow this  
FinalSin

Fearless Drivers (i.e. won't stop for anything)

I've got some Civvie drivers doing the rounds. The problem is, they get scared by almost anything, and will get out of their cars, run around in a circle, and then get back in again.

How do I fix this? I've made independents friendly towards everyone, which alleviated some of the problem. I've also favoured empty vehicles where possible. But it's still not completely solving the issue. Is there just a way of switching the fear off?

Ah, really? That's interesting. Thanks, didn't know it was that easy. :P

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Hmm. He won't get out whilst careless, but he still stops. Any further help?

EDIT - Oh, nope, he still gets out, too.

I found an ARMA thread about this, mentioned something about a vehicle config option. How can I change those?

Edited by FinalSin

If you want to get someone out of a vehicle, use the "unassignVehicle DriverName;" where DriverName is the driver (or cargo) of the vehicle you want them to exit.

For example, you create a waypoint where you want the driver to go. In the "On Activate" section you have "unassignVehicle DriverName;" in there, and hey presto... when the vehicle arrives... they get out!

One tip, for waypoint activations with big vehicles (such as helicopters), I have found it pays to have an activation radius of more than zero (like about 5 meters).

Actually, I want the opposite! I want him to keep his butt inside of the vehicle all the time!

There's a vehicle config which is something like unloadInCombat that defaults to true but you can set to false. I don't know how to set it though.