Sign in to follow this  
lks

Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear 10th Birthday

I heard there should be movie Rainbow six. I hope they will be inspired by book, because it is even better that Rogue Spear or Raven Shield.

Another great games were/are Swat 3 & 4.:yay:

Rogue Spear was such an epic game, i wish i could relive the days of playing it again and can only hope that they remake it!

One thing i don't understand is how a game like rogue spear featured blood decals wherever someone was hit and games today either have pre-set decals or non at all...

(Yes i loved going up to the enemy i dropped and looking into the bullet hole) :)

Storming the hi-jacked plane on the runway, priceless.

Edited by Reyn

I heard there should be movie Rainbow six. I hope they will be inspired by book, because it is even better that Rogue Spear or Raven Shield.

Another great games were/are Swat 3 & 4.:yay:

I heard that since the first rainbow six came out... that was what? 1999?

I heard that since the first rainbow six came out... that was what? 1999?

Wikipedia: Rainbow Six

Current reports state that the film is slated for either a 2009 or 2010 release with John Woo directing.

The 2009 is most likely wrong and possible even the 2010. I work at a movie theater and the sheet we have about movie releases, which is right now running up to January 2010, has no mention of it.

Edited by Jakerod

Rainbow 6 1 and r6 rogue spear, still my two fav games ever, just brilliant series, shame lockdown and r6v let it down abit. Hopefully the next installments will be an improvement

Thanks for the info about Blackfoot Studios. I didn't know about them. Hope something comes of their work.

Someone mentioned that they think the graphics would look awful if they played it now. I've got to say that when I dusted off the CDs and started playing and making this video I did not notice the graphics at all. I was too busy enjoying the gameplay and detail that we don't get so much of these days.

I think this is a problem for PC gaming. Modern games require insane levels of graphical detail which needs funding from a huge publisher and small independent developers just cannot do. I say PC gamers need to care a lot less about graphics. I personally would happily buy games with gameplay like we used to get even if the graphics were not cutting edge or even basic.

I love the older ones. Sunk a lot of time into playing Rogue Spear.

But screw you guys! Rainbow Six: Vegas is some of the most fun I've had playing a game since the xbox 360 came out.

But screw you guys! Rainbow Six: Vegas is some of the most fun I've had playing a game since the xbox 360 came out.

I played, finished, unlocked everything on Rainbow Six Vegas 2 at highest difficulty, sure it was fun but just another AAA run & shoot brainless game.

This definitely killed what R6 was as a tactical shooter. :mad:

Thanks for the info about Blackfoot Studios. I didn't know about them. Hope something comes of their work.

Bad news .. :'( source

Edited by dunedain

Very bad news indeed, i had some hopes for the Ground Branch project.

I love the older ones. Sunk a lot of time into playing Rogue Spear.

So it's ok to dumb down the mother of all tactical gaming and set the tone for the rest of the genre.

It's ok to screw over the entire fanbase for a few thousand mongrels who dont give a shit about gaming OR Rainbow Six in the first place but want games being spoonfed to them.

It's ok to put Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson in the Backstreet Boys to generate more $$$.

Where are the morals in that? I despise it.

Real tactical shooters are slim pickings these days, please by God don't provoke the corporate fuckfaces to fuck over even more games.

It makes a gamer's heart cry to think of all the great series that got dicked over for money, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and now, Operation Flashpoint.

Bright future for the tacsimmers there.

So it's ok to dumb down the mother of all tactical gaming and set the tone for the rest of the genre.

It's ok to screw over the entire fanbase for a few thousand mongrels who dont give a shit about gaming OR Rainbow Six in the first place but want games being spoonfed to them.

It's ok to put Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson in the Backstreet Boys to generate more $$$.

Real tactical shooters are slim pickings these days, please by God don't provoke the corporate fuckfaces to fuck over even more games.

It makes a gamer's heart cry to think of all the great series that got dicked over for money, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and now, Operation Flashpoint.

Hear hear...

I wonder why they don't have advanced difficulty settings in the menus anymore, like we used to have in all the sims back then.

In R6:Vegas3 i'd like to be able to choose freely how much damage a 5.56 bullet does. For the impatient they can add an Arcade / Simulation button.

Where's the problem? :P

Mongrels, fuckfaces, morals... you're being more than a little pretentious there! I prefer 'real tactical shooters' too, but I also like to run and gun once in a while with Die Hard style actions and explosions - I want to see over the top blood and guts, fire and shrapnel surround me in all its glory! Just not too often.

Defiantly one of my all time favorite games :D

I hated Lockdown and Vegas1, but I enjoyed Vegas2 a little (runs and hides).

I sure do miss Rogue Spear though, that game was so fun with a friend.

Operation Flashpoint was great fun aswell, although the new one looks horrible...terrible... and so on

Edited by kozzy420

1999 was probably the greatest year ever for tacsim players with Rogue Spear and SWAT3 being released (UT was also released which lead to the Infiltration mod, but i guess that doesn't count). Those two are my all time fav cqb games. Although I preferred SWAT3 since it had more tactical options, better AI, non-lethal force, and (eventually) 10 man teams in coop and SP, I think the level design in Rogue Spear was much better (Perfect Sword being the greatest map ever created :yay:).

Its too bad the R6 franchise ended up going in a new direction. Although, on the bright side, a couple former Red Storm devs are cooking up a new spiritual successor to R6 and GR called Ground Branch. They're having some financial difficulties right now but it looks like they're still developing it, albeit very slowly. However I have faith that they will release it and we'll all have the classic gameplay we all love again!

Ah, good old Rainbow six.... I remember bashing my young brain against the demo just trying to complete it, every day, two hours straight after school for like a week - Then I finally got it, more than likely thanks to a stroke of incredible luck than anything else, but I made it! So that was it, at eleven years old I was hooked on tactical gaming, I guess I owe the gits over at the studio formerly known as Redstorm Entertainment a "thank you".

1998 Rainbow Six.

That's what got it started. A really mind-blowing experience especially multiplayer on 56K modem...

Rogue spear was a game I sank many hours into. I couldnt wait for covert ops to be released.

Great games, shame they went downhill.

Truly classic game. I can't think of any others that have come close, except for maby the original ghost recon.

Hopefully Ground Branch will bring some of that ole' good stuff back.

The weapons mods for Rogue Spear really made it sound epic in EAX. (Strange that I've never encountered another game that used EAX so well.)

It is a sad thing that arma2 might be the last game that belongs to this trade of gaming and it still has a tons of problems and not quite suitable as what rainbow six did; swat 3 and 4 is good, but it still missed something that RS has

damn, this thread really makes me wanted to dig out the rs:rs disk and install it(my rs3 disk and the datadisk is missing, and i couldnt find anywhere to buy another one)

Edited by 4 IN 1