Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

Metaboli to DVD = NoCD

Had the Metaboli version and uninstalled in favour of the UK DVD version and now for some reason I am still not asked to insert the DVD when playing.

To be sure I uninstalled again for fun, ran CCleaner to remove entries, Starforce Removal Tool, Securom Removal Tool rebooted a few times and reinstalled the DVD version... Still I have no prompt when starting the game for the DVD, is this right ? Or... how do I completely remove whatever Metaboli put on my system to stop this happenning ?

I assume the DVD requires a CD check on startup or did I just waste my time lol ?

Might be CD key related.

I am using the DVD key as the Metaboli one is for German language only.

Hi Thrott,i have uk dvd also,you do need the dvd in drawer to play the uk dvd version,when you uninstalled the metaboli did you do a full pc check to remove all arma2 files and folders?,only thing i can think of is you left a folder somewhere from metaboli and then installed uk one and it's confusing it,you could unistall the lot and remove all arma2 files,sorry it's all i can think of m8,good luck man.

Yeah, thought of that and removed all the directories, copied the saves and profiles out but completely removed the Bohemia directory. Did a reg check to to see if there were any traces but there were none.

Just going through a manual removal of Securom now to see if that is the issue. I know it sounds a bit odd wanting to prompt for the DVD in the drive but I just wanted to make sure that my copy is just using the UK version as I want to give my Metaboli version away to someone. If it still don't prompt then I guess I am the lucky one who has a legit noCD crack working :/

Edit: Ok, it seems that the Metaboli one leaves the SecuROM crap there so even though you use the DVD and UK serial it still uses the downloaded version of SecuROM thus not needing the DVD in the drive, I wonder if a 'normal' user then can us this to bypass the DVD check by installing the SecuROM stuff but using their legit DVD / serial to authenticate...