Sign in to follow this  
moerty-RR-

HE rounds and soft vehicles

It's a bit awkward in the game. It takes many more HE rounds to level a house than it takes with sabots. In real life a sabot wouldn't cause any major damages other than a small entry and exit hole in the wall. If you wanna level a house you need HE rounds. The only use you have for HE's in this game is to cause damage to a certain area. If you have a specific target you should use sabots against it.

I'm no programmer so I don't know how big engine changes are required for a better penetration model. Perhaps it would be easier to simply make ammunition behave differently depending on which class the target has. So if the class is House a HE would be far more effective than if the class is Tank. Also that would make HE's and rifle's ineffective against MBT's.

I know jakerod. Dev time is limited and they have to concentrate on the things that sell games to the majority of Joe Q Public, graphics and AI for example.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop lobbying for what i think will lift ArmA2 from a good game to a Great Game. Namely, better physics modeling including penetration/damage calculations.