Sign in to follow this  
lowang

how to change Arma 2 profile folder

Hello, I installed Windows 7 on another partition in my computer, but I forgot first to change the my documents path to the same path as I have in Vista, so Arma 2 would use the same profile folder. Now it created in c:\users\vitas\documents and it still creates there even after I changed my documents default folder to d:\dokumenty. How can I make Arma to create profile and settings in d:\dokumenty? Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

hm I have tried this launch parameter: -profiles=d:\dokumenty\Arma 2, but it contains a space so it created just Arma. I tried then -profiles="d:\dokumenty\Arma 2" but this did not create any folder at all :-] So I guess I can rename it to a name without space and use that parameter. But will Arma remember the profiles folder after I launch it without that parameter? I will test...

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

aha it created a subfolder called users. So somehow it turned out to be multiuser which wasn't before:)

Look into the MKLINK command in google and see if that'll help you.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/22/create-symbolic-links-hard-links-and-directory-junctions-in-vista-with-mklink/

ups so it seems I have lost my progress in a campaign while playing with this! :-\ There is still the file called vitas.ArmA2Profile and it has lastCampaignMission="Manhattan";

line in it,butwhen I click campaign I have only the first missionto choose! That file is beside Arma2.cfg which actually gets changed when I change some graphics settings so WTH happened? Can it be restored somehow please?

hm thanks but thatdid not help :-\ Anybody have some savegame before mission Manhattan which he could send me please? :)