Sign in to follow this  
LightBringer

?make things to light?

Hello!

Me again.. tounge.gif Question again. How can i make things to light? And i don't wanna use that flare kind of light, because it's too bright, and flickery. I wanna use the cars and the M2 light thing... I think there is a way, to use that, but I'm not a programmer, and not so good in mission editing, but there is a lot of ideas, where i need this thing. Eg. night buildings, with small flashlights hanging at the wall. (I could use that headlight object, or the other lamp hanging on the roof)

Thanx for helpin' me in these things... wink.gif

Cu:

LightBringer

Put in the onactivation feild of the unit you want to turn lights on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this action ["LIGHTON"]<span id='postcolor'>

That should work if I remeber right.

RED

Damn sorry double posted for some reason !

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Mar. 16 2002,09:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Put in the onactivation feild of the unit you want to turn lights on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this action ["LIGHTON"]<span id='postcolor'>

That should work if I remeber right.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

oops.. looks like, you missunderstood me.. I don't wanna light the cars, i want to make light objects, what don't light in default options. eg. there is this object in "objects/headlight" which is pretty cool, but not lighting at all... so if there is any way to make it light, pls share with me.. =)

For some reason, Light on and Light off action commands do not work. I have a similar problem to yours. I think a simple script might work, but I have no idea.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 16 2002,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try using the unit name instead of this.<span id='postcolor'>

Still not working. confused.gif Maybe the guys in Bohemia, can do a patch for this, cause it should be really awesome, if we can use small lamps, with the light of the cars, and choppers, not with flares..! I think this is possible, cause in other fps games, there were dozens of lightsources...