Sign in to follow this  
mils

How do i get a AI character to get ammo? (Badlands)

Hi I'm on the badlands, just taken the 1st town, one of the razor guys is out of ammo. I have tried reload/refit/heal at the town center but it only does me

T (command menu) doesn't come up so I can't just select him and get him to refit out

how do i get him to get more ammo?

Select the team member, select "Gear" from the Action menu while near a bunker?

I'm not sure that works. If it doesn't, you can also tell them to pick up alternate weaponry from the Action menu.

your method of getting them to pick up some other weapon worked.

nothing else worked :(

I pressed rearm,reload,heal thing for each of them and they didn't replied 'negative' so who knows, would be nice is a BIS lad could give us the heads up on how your supposed to do this?

I been asking about this for ages, so long that I have almost given up playing arma 2 for a bit (I have not got stable internet for multiplayer) until it’s all fixed/explained and i get bored with what I’m doing.

Switch to the character/teammate you want to rearm and do it yourself. Works like a charm. But to be fair, I have not found any other way yet. :)

jimmy, I don't have the team switch option on badlands for some reason

jimmy, I don't have the team switch option on badlands for some reason

Same here, really frustrating.

Can you give your team commands? Then you might try the "special" action command which default key is "5" and then select the specific unit while pointing at a ammunitions dump.

yep that options there mate, and they run over and say ready when they are done, but still no ammo. its awesome! :)

Strange - when they say "out of ammo" and you command them to reload at the dump, they do reload. I am not sure if the AI does rearm its whole equipment or just one clip for the main weapon though.

I been asking about this for ages, so long that I have almost given up playing arma 2 for a bit (I have not got stable internet for multiplayer) until it’s all fixed/explained and i get bored with what I’m doing.

Play the scenarios, and download scenarios from the player mission forum on this website. This will keep you busy for weeks :)

So when you press "6" on the command menu for "Actions", and tell them to "Rearm at (X)", they go to the place in question, seem to rearm, but still don't have any ammo when they're back?

Edited by St!gar

Rearm isn't failsafe as ai won't report when the crate didn't include the right ammo.

Go for "6,Gear" and don't forget that Gear applies to every corpse, vehicle and crate around. First you should order the ai to move close to the right gear object, then order gear and w a i t until the ai has run to the gear object. Only then the Gear screen of the ai in conjunction with the desired crate will show up.

Great! Thanks Trapper, I always wondered why my teammates just reloaded their weapon magazines instead of their whole equipment with the "6-Rearm" command. :)

Rearm isn't failsafe as ai won't report when the crate didn't include the right ammo.

Go for "6,Gear" and don't forget that Gear applies to every corpse, vehicle and crate around. First you should order the ai to move close to the right gear object, then order gear and w a i t until the ai has run to the gear object. Only then the Gear screen of the ai in conjunction with the desired crate will show up.

I didn't know that, either. Thanks.

Select one soldier and tell him to walk on top of a dead body. Tell him to check his gear and he will check the gear of the body. If he tries to check the gear of something else, tell him to walk to ANOTHER position very close to the body and repeat until he checks the gear of the body.

If you want to buy gear for a soldier just buy it yourself, drop the gear on the ground and let him check his gear while standing on top of the dropped equipment.

thanks for the great info guys! :D

Play the scenarios, and download scenarios from the player mission forum on this website. This will keep you busy for weeks :)

Unable to download things on the net I have at the moment :(

If you want to buy gear for a soldier just buy it yourself, drop the gear on the ground and let him check his gear while standing on top of the dropped equipment.

What I have been doing was hoping there was an easier/quicker way. Oh well......

What I have been doing was hoping there was an easier/quicker way. Oh well......

There should be and I believe this will be fixed along with a massive amount of other bugs (I hope).

Oh that’s good at least it has been recognised, as it seemed to be something that had just been “forgottenâ€.