Sign in to follow this  
p75

OMG - went back to Arma 1 for the HWM addon - Please Release it on Arma 2 - It Rocks!

Dear Lord,

Let's get the Apache AH-64 from the HWM and their systems into ARMA 2. This addon absolutely rocks!!! Been playing it all day on the old Arma. I hope you guys get it transfered to Arma 2.

Tha shit!!!

United States Marines do not use, and have never used, the Apache in any variant. Nor have any of the other armies in this game. It would be cool to see a new aircraft, though I'd prefer a CH-53 being as though the USMC still uses them.

***EDIT*** Or even better yet, the AC-130!

United States Marines do not use, and have never used, the Apache in any variant. Nor have any of the other armies in this game. It would be cool to see a new aircraft, though I'd prefer a CH-53 being as though the USMC still uses them.

Mate, did you play this addon? It rocks!!! It should be a must for Arma 2!

I second that! I would love to see an AC-130 Spectre in arma 2! I can imagine seeing those 105's tearing up an insurgent occupied building.

It's coming. They already said it was. Check their ArmA thread, for the most recent version.

It's coming. They already said it was. Check their ArmA thread, for the most recent version.

Thanks mate, I will!

Im just surprised there's no Chinook in this game.. :(

Well Chinooks are VERY old helicopters. I think the Army still uses a few of them, but that's it. The USMC is starting to decommission the CH-53's already, which are newer versions of the CH-47 basically. MH-60S (in the game already) are replacing the replacement of the CH-47 Chinooks.

My local airport where I am learning to fly choppers has two CH-53's they bought from the USMC.

Well Chinooks are VERY old helicopters. I think the Army still uses a few of them, but that's it.

As of fiscal year 2004 (latest I could find data for) the US Army had 400 CH-47D's on service, [edit] correction: as of 2008, and 32 48 CH-47F ugraded Chinooks. More are being upgraded and I believe there are even new builds.

However, the USMC doesnt use Chinooks (they are an Army asset) so it would make more sense to see CH-53 and -46.

The USMC is starting to decommission the CH-53's already, which are newer versions of the CH-47 basically.

This is so wrong I dont even know where to begin...

The CH-47 was designed in 1957 by the Vertol company (now owned by Boeing) and the CH-53 was designed in 1963 by Sikorsky (it was actually in competition with the H-47 for the USMC Heavy Helicopter Experimental / HH(X) program. In reality they are entirely different airframes, one being a tandem rotor design, the other being a more traditional main/tail rotor configuration. To suggest that one is an enhancement of the other is ridiculous...

Edited by DM

The CH-47 was designed in 1957 by the Vertol company (now owned by Boeing) and the CH-53 was designed in 1963 by Sikorsky (it was actually in competition with the H-47 for the USMC Heavy Helicopter Experimental / HH(X) program. In reality they are entirely different airframes, one being a tandem rotor design, the other being a more traditional main/tail rotor configuration. To suggest that one is an enhancement of the other is ridiculous...

What I meant to say was: The CH-53 replaced the CH-47 back in the day, and now the CH-53 is being replaced.

By "newer version" I meant they replaced the helicopter to better fulfill a similar role.

What I meant to say was: The CH-53 replaced the CH-47 back in the day, and now the CH-53 is being replaced.

By "newer version" I meant they replaced the helicopter to better fulfill a similar role.

For the record, I think what you meant was pretty clear to most :)

Haha okay thanks man. There's always somebody who doesn't understand what is said and then goes off about how you are "wrong" when he misunderstood you.

For the record, I think what you meant was pretty clear to most :)

I took him the way the other guy did.

Are you sure marines ever used the CH-47? I've never seen a picture of one that says marines on it only army.

Are you sure marines ever used the CH-47? I've never seen a picture of one that says marines on it only army.

Yeah way back in the '60s-'70s.

Uh no, you're still wrong.

The USMC never used the CH-47, and the US Army still uses it.

The CH-53 replaced what became known as the CH-37 (HR2S-1 before the US military reclassification in the early 60's) in USMC service (the CH-47 replaced it in US Army service). Like I said, the CH-53 and CH-47 were in direct competition for the USMC Heavy Lift helicopter, the CH-53 won.

Yeah way back in the '60s-'70s.

Again, wrong. The USMC were using CH-53's during the 60's and 70's, since that was the airframe they chose to use. Only the US Army uses H-47's (and maybe the Air Force shortly, depending what happens with the CSAR-X re-bid)

United States Marines do not use, and have never used, the Apache in any variant. Nor have any of the other armies in this game.

So? It's cool. :)

We've had addons from Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Formula One Racers, Mustangs, Transformer F18's, you name it - now unless those are from a Marine version of Area 51... :)

Don't get me started on the 1000s of addons for OFP. Millennium Falcon and proton torpedo's FTW!!!! WooWoo!

Edited by Victor

They are not the same, mate. That is a bareboned Apache with no fluff at all.

Grtz

hey the games new give it some time and the addons will come out, theres no point to go back to Arma 1 the game is so shitty by comparison.

hey the games new give it some time and the addons will come out, theres no point to go back to Arma 1 the game is so shitty by comparison.

Running Arma 1 on all very high, 10k and 8xAA ain't ugly, mate!

Guys ... I'm sure that all addons so far are fine.

Regarding HWM we'd like to thank you for your support and please be sure that we are working hard to give you improved versions of our addons in ArmA 2.

Stay tuned ;)

The man himself has spoken. :yay: Glad to see you around. I look forward to the A2 stuff.

I think many here get the CH-46 Sea Knight and the CH-47 Chinook confused since they are both Tandem rotor airframes. The CH-46 (nicknamed phrog) was/is used by the USMC as a medium lift helicopter, but is being replaced by the V-22 Osprey slowly but surely.

The CH-47 Chinook is a heavy lift airframe used by the US Army (and other nations) for both heavy lift and large transport operations.

The USMC Heavy Lifter is the CH-53 Sea Stallion, which is being upgraded with a larger engine and will be in use for a long time. The CH-53 is the largest western helicopter frame in use.

Fun facts:

A CH-47 Chinook can outrun an apache.

Two CH-53s set up Camp Rhino in Afghanistan basically overnight.