Sign in to follow this  
Wallz

Spawn or Enage once in trigger zone

Ok I am trying to create a trigger of some for an Ambush training I'm making for my unit. The idea* is to have either the AI spawn in on selected positions / or begin to engage once our units have entered the area.

I known nothing about scripting / how it works, and have been searching forums and what not to no avail :(

Please help !

Thanks!

=7Cav=SGT.Wallz

Still cant figure this one out, tried a few different configurations with the triggers, tried using "AttackDisabled " & "AttackEnabled= false" in their init* but it still didn't work..

Please help!

There are a few problems which make this more complex than it should be.

Problem1 is that the hold fire command doesn't seem to work and they open fire at will. The only fix I have is to set the hidden men to never fire and set them active when required. The problem with that is that you can kill them outside the trigger zone and they won't return fire.

Problem2 is that your men can see the enemy long before you can as they have special powers such as x-ray eyes. The fix for that is to put them on never fire as before but then you have to enable them later.

It's a very clumsy way of doing it as it requires everyone to be in the write place at the right time.

Anyway I've included a demo which is basic to say the least.

All you need to do is walk up the road slowly in a South Easterly direction.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ucmvgx

There are many other ways of doing this, you could count sides and if one dies you could use that to unlock the Never fire command .

I would suggest trying to use the DisableAI command. That should keep them from engaging or even spotting each other until you enable it.

soldierOne disableAI "TARGET"

If that does not work, try disabling AI autotarget as well.

soldierOne disableAI "AUTOTARGET"  

Good luck!

Ok thanks, will try out that demo mission.

As for the

soldierOne disableAI "AUTOTARGET"

would I put that in the init box for the soldiers? And would it be possible to re-enable the AI via trigger?

It would be best done in a trigger using the foreach command rather than do single units

It would be something like

{_x disableAI "AUTOTARGET"} foreach thislist

That may not be right but it's too late to test tonight and to turn them on again I think you just do another trigger and change disableAI to enableAI ect..

Examples of those sorts of triggers are in the demo.

The other way of doing it would be to spawn them, but you have little choice of where they'll turn up.

With Arma there are many ways to achieve an objective that's probably the best thing about it.

Yea F2k is on the right track. I think it would be significantly easier to just disable the AI and then re-enable them whenever you want them to do stuff as opposed to spawning them when you want them. That is what I do for the missions that I make.

As for enabling the AI after disabling them. Use the "enableAI" command. It works in the exact same way as the "disableAI" command works.

Ok thank you, for the enableAI, would I put that in a trigger or could I do that while Ingame?