Sign in to follow this  
tobmic

Set Priority Task Manager

Hey there when you set the priority in Task Manager Higher does the game gets unstable ?

When i do this i experience that the game freezes or has long huge laaagggs.

Anyone has same problems ?

And if not does it help to increase performance ?

my sound went stuttery. dont think it helps with performance

Do not do it. Ever.

not for arma 2 or in regular ?

There is no reason to set it higher than normal. The benifits (if any) are not worth the trouble it will cause.

I've been in Windows technical support for a long time. Messing with process priority does nothing at best, and can lead to strange behaviour and freezes. Sometimes I am fighting malware and I resort to lowering the priority of certain processes out of sheer frustration but it never helps.

Empty your temp folders, defrag and optimise your files, delete everything in Windows\Prefetch (and ideally disable it in the registry). Run lean with minimum background apps. Pause your antivirus, play with processor affinity. Leave priority alone. For a cheap upgrade, get another hard disc and run performance RAID. you can also improve things if you get more RAM than you need and disable the pagefile.

Putting higher priority on your game.exe only causes some less needed files to be processed before more needed ones. In short, this means you are telling your computer to shove a texture into your ram instead of a directx file or windows file; and it crashes. Doing this is so unrecommended i wonder why windows doesn't have a default that makes that option invisible.

Personally (If I got time) I switch it to "High Priority", switching it to realtime causes major problems, mostly resulting in a reboot.