Sign in to follow this  
eble

OH-58 Kiowa Warrior comes to Arma2

Thanks heaps for the update guys.

Does anyone have any missions made for the Kiowa. I enjoy making my own but I would love to have a go of someones elses if anyone is keen on sharing. :)

Any detailed ideas on SP missions for this bird?

Have you asked the ACE team for the use of their model, if they have one?

You have come so far in you setup. Maybe way beyond them.

How about it ACE team? Anyone want to throw Eble a bone? He is doing great work.

Have you asked the ACE team for the use of their model, if they have one?

You have come so far in you setup. Maybe way beyond them.

How about it ACE team? Anyone want to throw Eble a bone? He is doing great work.

I haven't asked and I doubt very much they would give the kiowa model to someone not even releated to the ACE mod.

I'm sure they will create there own version in good time the model looked great the last time we saw something.

Maybe PR will have a Kiowa or OA as the have one in VBS2 US Army.

I'll keep tweaking this version until a better one comes along.

I've mentioned it before it's better to have a rough working version than nothing at all, but you would be surprised, some people don't think that way.

ace haven't kiowa models and PR is only UK no ? i think if you add the ace 2 config for missil and other thing ace could add it =)

Don't you just love stiltman :)

I'm really looking forward to this one, it will complement the apache in many ways.

Thanks heaps for the update guys.

Does anyone have any missions made for the Kiowa. I enjoy making my own but I would love to have a go of someones elses if anyone is keen on sharing. :)

Any detailed ideas on SP missions for this bird?

i'fe made one, with the map namalsk. Hunting grounds (but it aint released)

Still needs tweaking.

One team (1 or 2 player) will be flyiing the Apache

Another team (2players) need to lasertarget objective's...

sorry i didn't see that !

edit : the addon is rejected " * Statut changé de New à Rejected"

Edited by M1n1d0u

sorry i didn't see that !

edit : the addon is rejected " * Statut changé de New à Rejected"

They rejected this addon, the picture is of one they are working on and as far as I know they still are.

Would anyone be interested in an Alpha ACE version only of the Kiowa?

You won't be able to use it othertan with ACE etc and at the moment it won't have the updated sounds.

me too i'm interest by an alpha version , because i think your model is pretty cool and the ace version is a ofp convertion and they say , it have lot of bug . I think your model is cool it's just the cockpit

I say release it as is, the only changes I planned with the sounds was to lower the volume on the shut down and rotor files and add a 50 cal sound anyway. I can ask one of my unsung team mates if he could help out making a dash for it no promises tho.

Regarding the sounds, can you make the .50 cal be recognized as an M2 .50 cal so that sounds mods work with it? Currently it sounds a little on the weak side when compared to the .50 cals in CSM2 or HiFi.

Also, it seems the AI are reluctant to engage infantry with the .50 cal.

Other than that I'm really enjoying these Kiowas.

Regarding the sounds, can you make the .50 cal be recognized as an M2 .50 cal so that sounds mods work with it? Currently it sounds a little on the weak side when compared to the .50 cals in CSM2 or HiFi.

Also, it seems the AI are reluctant to engage infantry with the .50 cal.

Other than that I'm really enjoying these Kiowas.

Shouldn't be a problem just a config adjustment.

Ok a little late but as promised here is the Kiowa for ACE only, this addon will not work if you are not running ACE.

It uses for the most part ACE weapons and fire and control systems, all thanks to Stiltman for the config work.

Treat this as an alpha version, it's missing the sounds and other adjustments from the standard addon.

http://www.filefront.com/15951407/south_oh58.rar

Requires ACE Mod to work

Have fun

Southy

Edited by Eble

I'm working on the config for the sounds should have it ready in a few days with Eble's permission of course.

I'm working on the config for the sounds should have it ready in a few days with Eble's permission of course.

Lo mate,

Let me know when it's ready and I'll throw a new version up.

Cheers Mate.

Southy

Great work fellas!!!

@ Eble, I was wondering, any chance you can update helo's model or let me update it for the current OH-58?

Seems the model you made is circa late 1990's. Not a real biggie as its fine the way it is but I thought you might be interested in modernizing a little. Even the ACE model need a bit modernizing.

The nose comes to a point that from the top looking down looks flat a little. I believe the nose cone revision was for more protection to the crew and more aerodynamic. Don't think it should effect you're current textures with a minor stretch from a pin or two ;) Here's a picture for reference and trying to dig up a few more:

oh58d004.jpg

Also someone posted a youtube of one in service

YouTube Tribute

Pretty close to this one :-)

You will notice at frame 0:26 the nose shape and what I'm talking about, and which is a better reference for modifying

Was around these extensively when stationed at Ft. Hood Tx.

Not knocking the work, just thought you would be interested in modernizing it. Believe it fell under the OH-58D® System/Safety Enhancement Program [sSEP] program which modernized and upgraded both safety systems among many other things including better optics etc.

Edited by NutzMcKracken

i also belive the tail is longer on the newer models..not sure tho, but from my cusins pics they seem that way!

Forget it!!!! That model WAS a stealth modification. Never implemented. The few birds were converted back to standard D config except for the nose and I think those have finally been converted.

The "new" OH-58E is being tested right now and should be fielded sometime hopefully in the next 3 plus years. The MMS is being replace with a nose mounted sight. A ton of the black boxes are also being removed or replaced with more efficient less weight models.

Also as we speak the older .50 cal is being replaced lighter weight and higher cyclic rate M3P model in the current OH-58D®. You will notice this in current pictures as the "cage" housing is gone.

Scouts Out!!!