Sign in to follow this  
eble

OH-58 Kiowa Warrior comes to Arma2

This looks fantastic guys. Any idea on when a beta of yours will be available Stiltman?

hats off to stiltman, honestly this guy has had this model for less than 24 hrs.

The next release should be a massive jump forward, looks like a sweet MMS mast sight, new sounds and revised GEO load for better rudder authority.

Stay tuned...

Southy

Sorry for my ignorance guys, but what kind of missions do you have in mind for the Kiowa?

It can be used as a scout bird, Anti Tank helo, or as part of a Hunter Killer team. I THINK that's all the uses.

In real life I believe they assist Apaches, but honestly I'll leave the actual use of the helo to the people that know.

In Arma2, you could use it for recon, light attack, paired with apaches for laser targets etc.

You can as in real life sit behind a hill a long way(This helo has a massive zoom on it) from the target use the mast mounted sight to select targets that any laser type weapon can home in on, be it Apaches, F35's, A10's or Harriers

First thing i love the work VERY Much. But, is it at all possible for you to remove the US Army marking over the Australian camo and add the correct markings in a future release? I apologise in advance if this has been asked, I don't have time at the moment to read the thread from page 1. But i have to say again i love the work, thank you very much for this addon and the update :)

Just thought I'd give a source for some good audio files if you want. They are from a Bell 407, which is very similar to an OH-58D. I've heard both in real life and can't tell the difference.

Go to the bottom right of the main page: http://henry1.com/

Just thought I'd give a source for some good audio files if you want. They are from a Bell 407, which is very similar to an OH-58D. I've heard both in real life and can't tell the difference.

Go to the bottom right of the main page: http://henry1.com/

Already taken care of :)

I wonder why the ACE team has not released their model. Maybe they know something? Maybe the VBS2 model will be in the Arrow stand-alone?

a quick update, today I had 3 versions of the kiowa arrive in my inbox (busy day) :)

Stiltman has almost totally redone the Kiowa to the point where it's more his addon than mine, great job mate.

Sgt Savage and Anzac Steve have rewritten the config to include new sounds (truly awesom work), the sounds are very impressive check out sgt savages sample video.

and modEmMaik has redone the GEO LOD (to us normal folk thats the bit that makes the helicopter feel good to fly) and it now handles 100 x better.

I'll work with these guys to clear the next version for release asap.

Southy

Thanks for doing that Eble, this is great really appreciate all you folks working together for all us to have MORE fun. :bounce3:

very quick update of the Xm295 50.cal - credits to Alloisi (Marco) for the model.

XM296cannon.jpg

and camo version

XM296cannon2.jpg

Edited by Eble

woow really nice ! i love the kiowa warrior (lot of video in afghanistan)

Thanks for the info punisher funny enough the original gun setup I had was closer than this new one but in any case - room for changes next time :)

here we go beta V2.5

massive changes since last release

thanks to Siltman/Gustave for the new Mast Mounted Sight and Optics

modEmMaik for the revised GEO LOD (that makes the helicopters handle etc)

SGT Savage and Anzac Steve for total reworking of the sounds/weapons upto Arma2 Standard 9You have to hear this thing now)

update of the Xm295 50.cal - credits to Alloisi (Marco) for the model

A big effort by a few people to drag this addon further along.

I also have big plans for the next release, at the moment the addon will split in two, one will be 100% ACE to make use of the ACE systems/weapons the other not dependent on anything.

oh58beta2.jpg

Download Beta V2.5 here

http://www.filefront.com/15862651/oh58%20beta%20v2.5.rar

I know it's not even Friday

Have fun

Southy

Edited by Eble

amazing i love it , i have only one request , to get in the choper it's really hard to find the position where the action appear in the menu , can you fix that on your next udapte ?

amazing i love it , i have only one request , to get in the choper it's really hard to find the position where the action appear in the menu , can you fix that on your next udapte ?

Sure, I'll adjust the 'getin' points for the next version.

easy done

Southy

really thx , nice work and did you plan to creat a new cockpit ? (realist instrument)

I'm a big fan of the OH-58! You made my day with this new updated release!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

699143.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

The plan for this addon is as follows:

Thanks to Stiltman we are trying something new, we plan to have this Addon working 100% with ACE as one version and another in the same addon with Vanilla Arma2

What does that mean to everyone? well the ACE version will make use of everything in ACE_core weapons systems and features, it will actually use ACE weapon types i.e the hellfire options

The Vanilla version will be as stated using standard BIS weapons and features.

As far as I know this might the first addon to both be 100% ACE and vanilla Arma2 at the same time, we might still fall over something in the config work but testing has proved a success so far.

Do not get confused this addon isn't just ACE compatible, the ACE version will be as intregrated as any of the addons from the ACE mod, this version will not be usable outside of running ACE MOD.

More testing to be done, but thanks to Stiltman a massive leap forward has been made.

I'd imagine it will be a while for the next release unless everything works perfectly, the sounds (Which I hope everyone likes :) ) will be reworked by SGT Savage for the next version.

Finally a big thanks to everyone who has pushed this along so far:

Stiltman

modEmMaik

SGT Savage

Anzac Steve

Alloisi (Marco)

eddyD

Mitcharma

wld427

vektorboson.

and others for lots of advice/help along the way

Southy