Sign in to follow this  
critanda

SP Mission: Operation Enable Sky

If your teammates are in a vehicle that has gear in it, you can go to the map screen, click on "units", select the one you want to gear up, click on "gear" and rearm/re-gear him however you'd like. I think this can also be done at ammo boxes though moving them to the ammo box properly can get a tad tricky.

Thnx for the tip.

I still have a lot of learning to do in this game... getting better every time I play and reading the forums.

Excellent mission, two thumbs up, so far the best OFPish experience i had since a long long time.

Even showed that to a mate that isnt a mil sim fan and he was amazed by it.

One thing i found not so nice was the locked trucks in the russian camp, i planned to rearm my squad after the second Tunguska so i ran all the way back to get the truck and pick my men up just to find that all trucks are locked.

I guess in war if i need a transport id surely find a way to use a truck that stands there all nicely.

Better than running all the way back for sure :)

Apart from that i played till we take the village and wait for the counter but it seems the counterattack doesnt come.

I even ran towards the are where the enemy is supposed to come from but didnt encounter anything.

You can use the APC for rearming, and the mission is designed in the way that you should always have it with you. Judging from what you wrote, did you make your way by foot at the Tunguska-part of the mission? That must have taken some patiens :)

Regarding the last part, did Charlie and Delta take the defensive positions? The counterattack will not trigger until they are in place or/and are dead.

Even with the APC it took a while on 4X speed. The AI driver is just way too slow.

I changed my controls and i couldnt find the button i needed to order the APC around, so i did everything on foot lol.

Still, i liked the mission a lot, i had some interesting fights :)

And SP missions are always more then welcome by me.

I downloaded this mod and put it where you said to put it but it doesn't show up anywhere in my missions folder or scenarios and I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

I don't think the ctrl+space combination for high command can be changed. At least I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the controls options, and I did change the keybindings so that practically none of the original bindings are the same as mine... This isn't the only setting that you can't change.

Anyone know why this mission won't show up in my "my missions" or scenarios? I put it in my C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions and it doesn't show up on my list..Honestly the only missions I make that I can get to show up that I've tried so far only show up in multiplayer. I would love any idea's or help on this, so far i've posted this problem on this and troubleshooting and 0 responses over a couple days.

Anyone know why this mission won't show up in my "my missions" or scenarios? I put it in my C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions and it doesn't show up on my list..Honestly the only missions I make that I can get to show up that I've tried so far only show up in multiplayer. I would love any idea's or help on this, so far i've posted this problem on this and troubleshooting and 0 responses over a couple days.

It should go in your Arma2/Missions folder. The path your using is if your placing an un-pbo'ed file (plain folder) Since finished missions are in PBO, they will not show up in the editor unless you un-pbo'ed them using a tool.

If you do another version of this mission I'd suggest perhaps making some of the squads waypoints in the counter attack a bit further forward. During both my playthroughs the squads stopped in the woods and I had to go in and hunt them, which surely isnt the point.

Cool mission though.

Yah I have it in that folder froggyluv but its not showing up on my *My Missions* or Scenarios..its just the base normal stuff. Are you saying I need to change the format for it to show up on any mission list ingame? Im not trying to put it in the editor, just play it..and I can't figure out how to get to show up anywhere.

Just to avoid any confusion, you are aware that there are in a sense, 2 Arma2/Missions folders?

1st: Computer/Program files/ Bohemia Interactive/Arma2/Missions -this one is correct

and

2nd: C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions (or variants of) - this one is for editor missions.

So your saying that you have them in the 2nd one, both?

Don't read before playing. Scenario is very nice =)

I've just finished it. 2h03 of fun =) I really enjoyed scenes like blackhawk pick up or escape in the woods after blowing up an AA defense.

It was pretty hard to take the city but i finally managed to do it without any loss in my team by sneaking in the wood to the city^^.

I enjoyed this mission a lot. Thank you for your work.

Thank you Froggy, I did not realize there was two. That should fix it.

Looks cool bud! Going to try it now!

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Very fun mission, thanks bud!

once the three times get into the chopper they hover in the air then just stay there and dont move.. any1 know wat to do?

once the three times get into the chopper they hover in the air then just stay there and dont move.. any1 know wat to do?

This bug has been spoken of in this thread ad naseum, but in short you can either reload from a previous save, or try running all over the general area (1km square area) and sometimes it'll snap the chopper into action.

i downloaded it but i cant destroy the first aa.......my at soldier dont shoot at it,the only option i got is to tell him "take the vehicle"??!!

I really enjoyed this mission and after having read this thread I will play it again. (Meanwhile i did!)

Like some other players I had to make all the way on foot, because i didn't get the APC to move. I tried the high command feature, but obviously I did something wrong and it didn't work for me. So I decided to walk. By the way, the spot where the APC is marked on the map is not where you find it in the game world. This made me believe that the APC I could not use was decoration and "my" APC had just failed to spawn.

Then, this is for Aelin, my anti tank guys also failed to shoot at the AA targets. Of course we can read the thread and change the loadout manually, but I didn't want any spoilers and played before reading. Next time, I'll know better...

As I had no APC at my disposal, I told my squad to wait in the forest after each skirmish near an AA. Then I picked up an RPG laucher from one of the dead enemies and some missiles and destroyed the AA. Thanks for placing an ammo truck near each AA.

Unfortunately the camo net is strong enough to absorb the first RPG. Obviously not the mission's fault, but annoyingly unrealistic nonetheless. I usually try to shoot armoured vehicles in the rear to save ammo. In this mission running around for extra RPGs while expecting fresh enemies to retaliate provided an extra challenge. Once I told my anti-tank guy to walk closer and closer to an AA until he was stuck between the AA and the net. I had to free him by walking up to him and telling him to join formation at least three times before could leave his trap. My otehr men had to provide covering fire and they did this very well, to my surprise.

My corpsman did not heal anybody and I could not order him to heal anybody. Perhaps I made a mistake? Anyway, several times I had to heal one of my unfortunate soldiers and it worked fine, at least while we were attacking the AA installations.

I also received the order to clear a village, which was a nice surprise.

After the last AA was destroyed, my F4 had run out of ammo and several men were injured. We moved on to meet the helicopters. When the first one landed, I ordered my men to board it but only 4 did. The other 4 and I took another one. Fortunately they did not give us any trouble. By this time I had already switched to Russian weapons, so I did not make use of the option to take new gear in the helicopter. I did not order my men to take new gear because I watched the scenery and studied the map during the flight. I hoped they would automatically re-arm, which they didn't do.

We arrived at the site of the main battle and my F4 carried an empty gun. My mistake, of course. The fight to take the village was quite easy, but the feeling of taking part in a large operation was very immersive. I wish the fight had taken more time. (Something, a real soldier probably won't say.)

After the fight my F4 received a Russian machine gun and some others were also issued new weapons. I played the defense three times: at first without the aid of the helicopter, which was challenging. On the second time I called the helicopter for help and he seemed to do most of the work alone. On my last trial I moved to another location and tried to sneak to a position where I knew the Russians would appear in large numbers. Well, they did and I quickly learned that this had not been a very clever idea. Again, my fault as I did not follow the mission plan!

More feedback:

On a second playthrough I could control the APC and the medic worked as he should. So the problems I had on the first playthrough were my own fault. But I stillthink it is nicer to drive the APC istead of just ordering it around. (Purely personal opinion, of course.) This time, I made sure that my F4 received a new machine gun when he needed it.

If you enabled Teamswitch, clumsy controls could be remedied by letting the player switch to the soldier who doesn't do what he should and do it for him.

I always like an open end,where the player can roam free about the battlefield and perhaps you could allow the modules to create random tasks for those who cannot get enough. If the player wants to quit he should report to an officer, instruct his APC to return to base or something similar.

It may be nice to play this mission also in coop mode with human players.

My suggestions for a new version:

- Correct the position where the APC is marked on the map.

- Make the APC drivable.

- Change the loadout of the anti-tank guys.

- Make the truck which appears at the site of the main battle an ammo truck.

- Enable Teamswitch

- Make an open end

- Enable coop

Again, thanks for a wonderful mission!

Edited by Alpha-Kilo
Some remarks after the second playthrough

Well, this is quite an old thread, though that doesn't mean nobody playing this mission no more. Better to post here than to start a new thread I suppose ;).

Not sure if the maker of this mission is still around, but going to give it a shot anyways. This was a real enjoyable mission, but sadly some issue prevented me from enjoying the final assault. I got to destroy the 3 Tunguskas with one casualty, met up with other teams at the rendezvous point. But after my team got picked up by one of the choppers, flying to LZ to assault Grishino, the chopper flies toward destination for a while, but then goes into a steep dive and crashes into the trees, killing all of us (I swear the pilot must be a Russian spy conspiring to kill my whole team cuz they kick too much ass :D). The crash always happens after the pop-up message saying that I can rearm myself in the chopper. I also restarted the mission without AI related mods, but same issue repeats itself.

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

Edited by DillonAero