Sign in to follow this  
Yapab

AA setting not available in full game?

Hi,

Just installed my copy of ARMA2 and I'm setting it up to match the demo after a lot of tweaking with that.

In the demo I could set the AA settings, disabled, low, med, high and then numbers.... etc.

However in the full game (patched to 1.02) it wont let me make any changes and says "Antialiasing: Disabled"....

Whats the deal here?!?!

8800GTX, C2Duo@3.5ghz, 4GB DDR800

there are two ways to achieve an AA effect - one by enabling the AA via the option in the graphic menu at a high cost of system rescources or the second way by changing the graphic to a higher 3d resolution (something with a pixel fill rate higher then 100 percent)

there are two ways to achieve an AA effect - one by enabling the AA via the option in the graphic menu at a high cost of system rescources or the second way by changing the graphic to a higher 3d resolution (something with a pixel fill rate higher then 100 percent)

On my system AA proves to have a significant hit on performance. I've achieved OK framerates (30fps) by diabling AA. AF seems to have little impact.

Has anyone done benchies comparing fill rate to AA settings?

On my system AA proves to have a significant hit on performance. I've achieved OK framerates (30fps) by diabling AA. AF seems to have little impact.

Has anyone done benchies comparing fill rate to AA settings?

I have compared the framerates in the demo which comes with a benchmark scenario. The result was the same as you are describing it. So instead of enabling AA, I am using a higher pixel fill rate (3d render size) then the actual screen resolution.

a good balence if your kit is not upto your LCD/display rez ( aka: 24in 1920/1200 +9600gt) is to use 100% fill and low AA.

AF can have a huge inpact if your vidcard and cpu are upto the task. At high rez 1600/1200 and up it can give 10fps or more if disabled. But it looks good with it on. i like normal AA and 100%, no crawllies or jaggies.

a good balence if your kit is not upto your LCD/display rez ( aka: 24in 1920/1200 +9600gt) is to use 100% fill and low AA.

AF can have a huge inpact if your vidcard and cpu are upto the task. At high rez 1600/1200 and up it can give 10fps or more if disabled. But it looks good with it on. i like normal AA and 100%, no crawllies or jaggies.

I use the same settings. 100% fillrate, medium AA @ 1680*1050. Runs smooth as a babies ass and look frigging great.