Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Guerilla Warfare [SP-Dynamic]

Oh oh oh, Downloading!

Love the Isle Duala map, runs much smoother then most maps, and the shanty town fights are great.

Just tried .23 and every time I get a defend mission it completes before any attackers show up. Also did a fuel and radar mission with no enemies in the mission area. Seems broken?

hmm, my defend base missions are the opposite to OP. when i kill the mass invaders, it says successfull, then i get another stream of invaders, so i fought them till only myself, and another 2 men were left. The enemy then flew a bombing run :eek: didn't see that comming as i flew threw the air...

my fuel and radio tower missions work also, with various armour support which gets me every time before i can Evac. it is definatly harder then Panthara

I should add that I played the Panthera version .23, not Duala. Veteran / high strength across the board.

I think the convoy mission is a little screwy in the Africa version. I watched via troopmon and no convoys appeared to be moving. Also the distance between start/finish was pretty huge so it might play out better if the routes were shortened.

You're quite correct Sir, my bad. Fixed.

Just tried .23 and every time I get a defend mission it completes before any attackers show up. Also did a fuel and radar mission with no enemies in the mission area. Seems broken?

Haven't seen that one, but it doesn't surprise me! Running any other addons? Can you remember what you selected at the start of the mission?

hmm, my defend base missions are the opposite to OP. when i kill the mass invaders, it says successfull, then i get another stream of invaders, so i fought them till only myself, and another 2 men were left. The enemy then flew a bombing run didn't see that comming as i flew threw the air...

my fuel and radio tower missions work also, with various armour support which gets me every time before i can Evac. it is definatly harder then Panthara

:D

Beta 0.24 Isla Duala Version

* * * Please check you have Isla Duala Version 1.3 * * *

Added: Triggers to help AI drivers over bridges. Bit of an immersion killer but necessary

Added: Rescue hostage mission

Added: A sprinkle of De-lag

Fixed: Convoy spawning russian units

Fixed: Assault mission end

Fixed: CTD when captured

Change: Convoy positions

Change: Civilian towns will only spawn when the player is within half the set viewdistance

Change: Increase player squad size

Updated: UPSmon script

Update in first post.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I should add that I played the Panthera version .23, not Duala. Veteran / high strength across the board.

Thanks. Did you travel by chopper or other means?

I have a feeling the units at these locations are being called away as backup for other units, I've just seen it happen in the Isla Duala version but not Panthera.

If that's the case a slight re-think is in order.

I traveled by chopper when there was no one at the mission area in Panthera.

Tried a radar mission in Duala and enemies were present. Restarted and got a defend mission, which completed before enemies showed up, though some apc started shooting before I spoke to the commander to end it. Exact same thing minus any shooting happened for the next two missions in a row; defend, mission completed about 20 seconds later.

Exact same thing minus any shooting happened for the next two missions in a row; defend, mission completed about 20 seconds later.

I can understand it with shooting from other friendly units but if you're saying no enemies were spawned on the defend mission I'm confused.

When you restart the mission it might pay to exit all the way back to the main menu and restart from there. It might be something's not initialising properly when restarting from within the mission. Reloading from a save game *should* be ok.

Beta 0.25 Isla Duala Version

* * * Please check you have Isla Duala Version 1.3 * * *

Fixed: West AI not being set

Change: Attempt at making sure mission critical AI don't run halfway across the island.

Change: Lowered requirements for support options

Known: UPSMON error after reload

Known: Occassional awareness error message.

Update in first post

Sweet! DL now, if i don't get my hit im grumpy all day hehe

MrN, this might be a handy little thing for this mod.

NORRN Fast-Rope Goto Script

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9140

Since this mod uses a chopper a lot, and seems to be as point and click user friendly as your current system is, might look better then the current fade out landing. would allow for forest drop off also. Not that im complaining mind you, :pc: ...just throwing it out there :D

Edited by Calgar

Sweet! DL now, if i don't get my hit im grumpy all day hehe

MrN, this might be a handy little thing for this mod.

NORRN Fast-Rope Goto Script

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9140

Since this mod uses a chopper a lot, and seems to be as point and click user friendly as your current system is, might look better then the current fade out landing. would allow for forest drop off also. Not that im complaining mind you, :pc: ...just throwing it out there :D

Cheers Calgar, I'll take a look. While I'm not keen on adding too many addons if this works as well as it looks then I may include it. It would then enable one of my plans which is to use the radio "in the field" to get another mission without having to return to base all the time.

Have you noticed any defend missions where the enemy don't spawn?

ahahahha is it me or you made duala s version a lot more HARD,eh?

ahahahha is it me or you made duala s version a lot more HARD,eh?

:D

Kind of, yep!The terrain is much more friendly for AI to back each other up so a simple mission quite often turns into a major firefight as enemy squads in the area reinforce each other. Just the way I like it!

The chopper script will make an appearance, it works nicely and fits with the USMC.

I've just had weirdness with some missions when using higher than default enemy unit numbers so for the time being please stick with the default settings.:o

Beta 0.26 Isla Duala Version

* * * Please check you have at least Isla Duala Version 1.3 * * *

Added: NORRN Fast-Rope Goto Script (Check readme for instructions.)

Added: MP Compatible Fast Rope Addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791

Removed: My clunky helo scripts

Fixed: Enemy Spawn on anything other than default settings

Fixed: Captured script firing if team members alive

Change: When and how many enemy choppers are spawned

I was hangin for this update awesome!

Seeing as i have the night off, guess what i'll be doing heh

Have you noticed any defend missions where the enemy don't spawn?

No, defend missions has worked every time for me. occasionally the trucks on convoy mission use inland rather then road, but i just RP and think of it as anti-ambush tactics and rpg the suckers, but ill see with the latest build.

On a side note, i usually change the units, for myself and team. Using the Merc models from Mercs and Blackops mod. or PMC mod units. Role-play an elite force of guns for hire. Of course when you ask for a new team the defualt guys return, haven't figured out how to change that heh. As well as having SLX mod active. makes for great atmosphere.

I've just downloaded and have been playing the Duala version of this mission and am loving it so far. I play with a couple of mods, JTD fire/smoke and the Zeus AI mod ( I last longer that way ). Some of the firefights have been truly epic.

Great work :).

I was hangin for this update awesome!

No, defend missions has worked every time for me. occasionally the trucks on convoy mission use inland rather then road, but i just RP and think of it as anti-ambush tactics and rpg the suckers, but ill see with the latest build.

On a side note, i usually change the units, for myself and team. Using the Merc models from Mercs and Blackops mod. or PMC mod units. Role-play an elite force of guns for hire. Of course when you ask for a new team the defualt guys return, haven't figured out how to change that heh. As well as having SLX mod active. makes for great atmosphere.

The spawning problems were using anything other than default settings which was a bit odd but it's fixed now. The convoy can be a bit random at times but I quite like that as it forces the player to be a bit creative and as well as the ambush the best laid plans can go horribly wrong.

Look in the spawn folder and the checkgroup.sqs script for the players' squad. Despite having good intentions this mission has ended up just like dynamish from Arma1, a mess script wise! I'm starting to have problems remembering where everything is.

@Janxy

Some of the firefights have been truly epic

Good to hear my man, hope you enjoy.

@IceBreakr

MrN: will you incorporate Afrenian Army to your mission?

Yep, I've been away on business for a few days. I'll get on it. Good work on the addons fella, it has turned AAII into a much more enjoyable experience. :)

Has anyone missed the choppers? They were starting to get on my nerves a bit as they turned up rapidly at any sign of trouble and lurked around like a bad smell. They should still spawn after a few missions but a bit more randomly.

Cheers

Hey thanks for that MrN.

Been having a heap of fun with this, but I am finding the jet bombers a little annoying. We have no way of taking them out and they just keep coming, with deadly accurate fire, so with each pass i lose a few men, if not my own life. Might be a little on the over kill with those, or at least they come far too quickly. within 2 minutes of our ambush, a bomber is already unloading on us. And nope, haven't missed the choppers all that much hehe.

Other then this the quirks in the script or what ever it is are GREAT. I had an infantry colomn to take out, but for some reason they were twice the number they usually are lol. bad intel. i love that slight randomness about most of the missions. you never know if there will be soldiers, Dogs, or an APC waiting for you at drop off. Or if the next enemy village/city will send it's troops making a bad situation worse.

And the new rope script is a charm, i love that if i am in a bad way i can call in the chopper and get out of there. is there a way to cancel a mission, or call it off?

To conclude, Every mission i have played has worked for me thus far, i admit that i have yet to survive more then 3 missions in a row, before restarting, but i think i have experienced each type of mission. And as far as i can see, it is very stable with other mods also. I have a lot active and no crashes yet.

Stunning work MrN....i just wonder where yeah are going from here?

Thanks for that Calgar, good to hear it's playing ok. It should be worth playing through a few missions as the AI and mission will change slightly as things progress.

is there a way to cancel a mission, or call it off?

No, I could add it but I'm not keen

i just wonder where yeah are going from here?

Here :):

Beta 0.27 Isla Duala Version

* * * Please check you have at least Isla Duala Version 1.3 * * *

Added: Afrene Army http://icebreakr.com/islands/index.php?island=duala&show=download

Change: AI skill array making Afrenian troops more "trained" and Molation troops less organised but more fierce

Change: More tweaks to AI "experience"

Change: Enemies morale gets a boost if he gets in your base on a defend mission

Change: Default difficulty higher

Relatively new to Arma2... Just bought it a few months ago. Played Mission Wizard stuff up to now, and enjoyed it (...I prefer random sessions, which is why I use the Wizard).

Someone over here pointed me to Guerilla War, so I loaded it up and just gave it a try.

After just a few minutes of playing, I have one thing to say....

$^#@&@ BRILLIANT!!!

Beautiful map

Fantastic ambient life (guys wandering, vehicals on road)... Makes a HUGE difference.

Looks like the the missions, etc are great so far!

Great interface (getting missions, getting rides)!

Solid work!... and that's only after me playing a few minutes... just scratching the surface.

But that alone was a really enjoyable little session. Looking forward to more!

Thanks to all involved!

[Dorky, but well-meaning double thumbs up gesture...]

Thanks for the feedback ladlon. Always good to hear how people get on with the mission.

Out of curiousity was that the Panthera version or Duala?

Hi, MrN... That was the Panthera version. I'm coming from a vanilla Arma2 install, so I haven't really experienced all the improvments the mods have been providing. Only thing I had previous to this was a few maps, and that was just recently.

I had a few bumps installing your mission... first thing was that I was getting that CTD when trying to run it or even just the map (...and after some quick research, found that it was probably a conflict between it and the Duala map. I downloaded the latest foliage file, and that seemed to fix the CTD. However, when I then tried to run the Guerilla War mission, I got the error about not having the Little Birds installed (since I was vanilla). I was holding off installing anything that was a 'mod', in fear that I'd screw something up... but was intending on doing it soon anyway. But, I was relieved to see yours was an 'easy mod', where it has a separate folder, and just needs the modification of the parameter line of the Arma2 shortcut... So, I dove into that.

I read that a new version of Duala is coming out today, but hadn't seen it at the time of the install, earlier.

I DID get a few one-time errors that I should mention... Each was after a game ended. One was something about it not being able to find a foliage file... but not the one that I updated. Another one was complaining about some config file. Sorry, I don't have the specifics, but I'll make note of them if I run into them again.

Ya, I'm loving the mission... As I mentioned, the 'life' of it is great, and really adds to the immersiveness. I was always looking for a 'random, but interesting experience'. I had started off Arma2 with the Editor, making my own simple mission (random placement of my team, with a HUGE placement radius that spanned the island), and the Secop and Ambient Combat modules activated. That was all great, but I didn't have support options, as it was a little over my head. Then, someone pointed out the Mission Wizard (which I completely missed!), which gave me what I had coded already, plus the airstrike/transport/artillery support mine lacked. All that was even better... although I wished I could edit the mission a bit (change my gear, have random insertion point, etc)... so, I was recently planning on going back to the Editor, and maybe trying to code in the stuff that the Mission Wizard had.

But, then I thought, 'I should check if someone else did that already!'.... and that's how I found out about Guerilla War, and some of the other dynamic user made missions.

I'm dangerously close to installing some of the improvement mods.. as well as the ACE2 mod (...which I'm looking forward to, except that I fear I'll get my ass handed to me, due to the improved realism, and more complex nature of things).

Okay, well once again, amazing job... and very much appreciated. If I run into those errors again, I'll post info about them here.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

UPDATE: One of the errors I got on quitting was:

art/initart.sqs not found

Good to hear. :)

I would suggest trying the Isla Duala version, the Panthera version is quite old in comparison so the African version has a bit more development in it. Also I haven't tried GW with the latest version of the island so there may well be problems with placement of things.

If the errors you get are when you quit back to the main ArmaII menu I don't think I can do anything about that, the errors you are seeing are because the island doesn't have a menu animation associated with it. I could be wrong mind...

The missions have been edited with the listed addons only, if you add additional 3rd party gameplay mods you may find things behave weirdly, missions may not work or end or it may be a lot tougher than I intended. I am a bastard so the missions are tough anyway! :D

I notice there's a new beta patch of Arma now so I may go back to this in the hope the AI stuck in combat bug has been fixed.

Cheers

@MrN: Ya, I downloaded all the files for Duala last night, and will be installing them (assuming it's the same simple install method).

If there is conflicts with mods and the Panthera version I could still set up a separate shortcut icon to launch it without any other mods, right? (I'm new to the modding thing, so I'm not sure)

That sound mod you recommended in your post about Panthera is fine though, right? That would be my next (first) mod intall.

As far as that initart error... It happens when you quit the mission (and go back to the main menu). Harmless.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

I'm curious... Did you consciously keep grass out of this map? If so, was it for optimization, or personal preference?