Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Guerilla Warfare [SP-Dynamic]

Big thank you and congrats.

For me, this is the best SP mod i have played yet. I am addicted to it. love that i can RP the resistance, love the sand box aspect, the island is a hand full to get around, but that may be why i enjoy it so much. Not to mention very nicely made.

I go to work, and all i can think about is getting home to play it. Thanks again and keep going!

Without a doubt it's my favorite mission. So was Dynamic War for A1 too. This thing has it all. Love it. Thanks again.

Would it be possible to introduce a version where you don´t need the littlebird Addon, but the ones from ACEX?

Would it be possible to introduce a version where you don´t need the littlebird Addon, but the ones from ACEX?

Hopefully in the future but for now ACE2 removed the little birds. Well I think they just locked em so I believe there is a way to add them still. I believe the issue though is the ownership of the little bird. I'm not sure if ACE2 or vanilla A2 have little birds for the resistance.

Great idea though, I'm down for it.

Thats not really a Problem. You just place an empty little Bird on the Map and the resistance guys into it.

Thats not really a Problem. You just place an empty little Bird on the Map and the resistance guys into it.

I'm talking about an actual Independent faction little bird. The required download has an Independent little bird reskin, vanilla A2 doesn't.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

I'm talking about an actual Independent faction little bird. The required download has an Independent little bird reskin, vanilla A2 doesn't.

If you just add a vanilla A2 little bird like that it will still be a US little bird. Therein lies the need for the extra download. I think.

Edited by Manzilla

ok 2 questions:

which ace version is required?I have the beta 2 from armaholic

is it ok the v2.2 of lb addon?

Nope, sorry. If I do something with ACE it will be for more than using 1 model. The LB addon is sufficient for what is needed in the mission as I'm not a fan of using addons as eyecandy, they have to serve a purpose.

which ace version is required?I have the beta 2 from armaholic

is it ok the v2.2 of lb addon?

There is no ACE requirement and won't be for the forseeable future.

The link for the LB is 2.2 sorry, my bad, and that is what you need.

Cheers

Beta 0.22

Removed: Unstick civilian car script

Added: Teamswitch, mainly to try and fix misbehaving AI

Added: Actions on Ambush and Convoy to get the AI to properly hold fire. :/

Added: Patrols for both sides around the island

Added: Added triggers to teleport AI drivers over tricky bridges. I suspect this is part of the cause of the civilian morale to drop so rapidly as drivers were getting killed.

Added: An alternative rating system due to teamswitch dilemmas

Fixed: Some Res weren't adding to the AI monitor

Fixed: Unrequired spawns

Change: Player can no longer choose how many cars, it's dependant on morale like East/Res

Change: Transported all the variables over to a logic

Update in first post.

:cool:

Beta 0.22

Thanks for this! I was gonna ask for this but forgot. :)

Beta 0.22

Removed: Unstick civilian car script

Added: Actions on Ambush and Convoy to get the AI to properly hold fire. :/

Added: Patrols for both sides around the island

Added: Added triggers to teleport AI drivers over tricky bridges. I suspect this is part of the cause of the civilian morale to drop so rapidly as drivers were getting killed.

Added: An alternative rating system due to teamswitch dilemmas

Fixed: Some Res weren't adding to the AI monitor

Fixed: Unrequired spawns

Change: Player can no longer choose how many cars, it's dependant on morale like East/Res

Change: Transported all the variables over to a logic

Update in first post.

:cool:

Hi Nasty,

Just thought of/remembered this.

Remember Tonal? There was a DynaMish set on that and there was a vehicle insert by jeep as well as chopper. Might that be something you could shove in?

You would select your destination and 3 jeeps would spawn at the location (pointing towards the current mission objective) with the player as drive of the lead car.

Was that your work? or was it Honcho’s..or maybe Sanc's? Either way it was fab.

Maybe its not something you'd be interested in.

Any hoot, nice work. Thanks for the upload. I’m getting it now. :D

Was that your work? or was it Honcho’s..or maybe Sanc's? Either way it was fab.

Not mine. It would have been one of the original Dynamics from which this is based. I never really understood those missions in OFP. :p

Might that be something you could shove in?

Or you could use one of the big trucks at the base. ;) I worry about the AI driving too much to try and get multiple cars together, particularly on this island which seems to be challenging to the AI.

I have comments that the Ambush and Assault missions are ending too soon so I may have broken something...

mrn thanks for this jewel!any hope to see a duala s version?

mrn thanks for this jewel!any hope to see a duala s version?

It is a possibility, I had a go a few weeks ago but decided to stick with this one for the moment. I only have editing time to maintain one version I'm afraid .

Update in first post.

Beta 0.23

Added: An action at the medic to refresh the squad. Teamswitching to faulty units doesn't fix faulty AI so this is the only way I can think of to fix them.

Added: Vehicles at base for tranportation

Added: Repair option for vehicles

Added: Norrins flip car script

Added: Ultra Simple Patrol Script v1.0 by JW Custom

Added: The ability to disrupt enemy communications by destroying radio towers. Each tower destroyed reduces the chance of enemy calling in artillery and reduces the range in which they'll call for reinforcement.

Added: Ai value adjustments based on India Kilo's Zeus AI Combat Skills

Change: UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon instead of Kronzkys UPS script

Change: Tweaked patrol generation and likelihood

Change: Captured mission now counts as a mission played

I just wanted to say thanks for the best single player mission I have played for this game to date. I set everything to ultra and not 15 minutes in the Russians had launched an all-out assault on our base. They sent two hinds, an Su-25, and two APCs to try and dislodge us. It was total chaos, there were explosions going off, the crack of gunfire, people dying left and right, a fellow team managed to disable the APCs so I grabbed an RPG and climbed the control tower which by this point was badly damaged. So I wait for the perfect shot and take the tail rotor out on this hind, and as it spins around the airfield it sprays out its rockets and kills more of our guys and blasts the tower out from underneath me killing me. I was able to retain vision long enough to watch that bastard smash into the tree line. This mission is beyond epic.

I just wanted to say thanks for the best single player mission I have played for this game to date. I set everything to ultra and not 15 minutes in the Russians had launched an all-out assault on our base. They sent two hinds, an Su-25, and two APCs to try and dislodge us. It was total chaos, there were explosions going off, the crack of gunfire, people dying left and right, a fellow team managed to disable the APCs so I grabbed an RPG and climbed the control tower which by this point was badly damaged. So I wait for the perfect shot and take the tail rotor out on this hind, and as it spins around the airfield it sprays out its rockets and kills more of our guys and blasts the tower out from underneath me killing me. I was able to retain vision long enough to watch that bastard smash into the tree line. This mission is beyond epic.

:yeahthat:

Any chance of porting this mission to some of the other Islands? maybe Isla duala or quesh kibrul. I am love this mission but I would like to see some different scenery, and these mountains! Sheesh. ;)

SD

Cheers fellas. :)

I set everything to ultra

Good to know, I was thinking of removing this option and just having an Easy/difficult option but if people are using the different difficulties then I'll leave it in. Also good to know it works ok as on my machine it gets nearly unplayably slow.

Any chance of porting this mission to some of the other Islands?
It is a possibility, I had a go a few weeks ago but decided to stick with this one for the moment. I only have editing time to maintain one version I'm afraid

The mission plays quite differently (harder!) on a more open island because the enemy AI have an easier time moving around.

Quick update. I've transferred it over to Isla duala now but am suffering major lag as the game progresses. I'm assuming it doesn't do it as standard so I've broken something big time. When I have a bit more time I'll try and work out which one of the many scripts I've confused myself with to fix it.

Beta 0.23 Isla Duala Version

Known: Not 100% perfect, there'll be a few russians and wrong vehicles but it's a start,

Known: Rare CTD if player killed.

Fixed: Rearm dialogue changing wrong unit

Fixed: Island Patrols

Double the ball-ache but it's some different scenery to play in.

:)

Check the first post.

Cheers

I think the convoy mission is a little screwy in the Africa version. I watched via troopmon and no convoys appeared to be moving. Also the distance between start/finish was pretty huge so it might play out better if the routes were shortened.