Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Guerilla Warfare [SP-Dynamic]

Added to the Official mission list.

Cool, thanks :ok:

Stuff...

Do-able? or should i STFU?

All good mate, keep it coming. I've no idea about the HC module, I have a feeling that it had to be initialised at the start of a mission but if it can be spawned and sync'd like the first aid module then it's a possibility.

Now GW is slightly more stable (*hopes*) I can start throwing stuff at it and see what sticks.

Cheers

Nice ideas Stegman, I think maybe 1 or 2 subordinate teams should be tops so it doesn't turn into Warfare, but I like it!

I've no idea about the HC module, I have a feeling that it had to be initialised at the start of a mission but if it can be spawned and sync'd like the first aid module then it's a possibility.

Here's how I did it in my JFA2 mission

WestGrp01 = CreateGroup West;
_leader = WestGrp01 createUnit ["GUE_Soldier_AR", [(getMarkerPos "bor") select 0,(getMarkerPos "bor") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = WestGrp01 createUnit ["GUE_Soldier_GL", [(getMarkerPos "bor") select 0,(getMarkerPos "bor") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];
_unit = WestGrp01 createUnit ["GUE_Soldier_MG", [(getMarkerPos "bor") select 0,(getMarkerPos "bor") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];
_unit = WestGrp01 createUnit ["GUE_Soldier_Medic", [(getMarkerPos "bor") select 0,(getMarkerPos "bor") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];
_unit = WestGrp01 createUnit ["GUE_Soldier_GL", [(getMarkerPos "bor") select 0,(getMarkerPos "bor") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];
_leader = leader WestGrp01;
_newGrp = (group _leader);
player hcSetGroup [_newgrp];

Edited by froggyluv

Nice ideas Stegman, I think maybe 1 or 2 subordinate teams should be tops so it doesn't turn into Warfare, but I like it!

Agreed.

Here's how I did it in my JFA2 mission

stuff i dont understand...

:eek:

So..you place it in the editor at the start, then spawn new groups and attach them to it?

Edited by stegman

Yep, that is a rebel group that spawned after a certain event and that code gives you High Command over them.

I think there is a problem with the enemy behaviour on the Ambush enemy patrol missions. I've played this a couple of times with no AI mods and they tend not to leave their Careless behaviour. Meaning, I thought I was a tactical genius by placing my guys at various windows and not taking any casualties but then I noticed that the enemies were just walking right up to me without firing :p

This mission reminds me of Resistance. It's well thought out and enjoyable. I just started a new game and the first mission was defense. In the ensuing battle I captured a vodnik and drove it back to base - but when I spoke to the commander and completed the mission my vodnik disappeared. How about letting us keep captured vehicles (like Resistance)?

I've noticed two oddities, including what froggyluv wrote about where many ambushed infantry ignore us. On a few occasions after chopper insertion one team member just walked continuously away, ignoring (but acknowledging) orders.

Thanks for the mission!

@froggyluv

Meaning, I thought I was a tactical genius by placing my guys at various windows and not taking any casualties but then I noticed that the enemies were just walking right up to me without firing

:o *ahem*

Yeah, noticed this last night too.

From 0.18 Changelog

Fixed: Dumb mofos in ambush mission

Thanks for the HC tip.

@Ironpants

How about letting us keep captured vehicles (like Resistance)?

It's a possibility, at the moment I'm just deleting everything to keep things as tidy as I can. Maybe in a future version.

On a few occasions after chopper insertion one team member just walked continuously away, ignoring (but acknowledging) orders.

I've had this too I'm afraid. I don't think it's anything I'm doing and it's very intermittant, if the mission is completed and the AI is bundled back into the chopper he then seems to recover. I have yet to find a fix for this oddity apart from killing him and getting a new AI at the base.

Thanks for the mission!

Thanks for playing!

Cheers

Update in first post.

Beta 0.18

Added: Requiredversion check for 1.05 as new commands are used.

Added: An additional break out to the Helo script just in case

Added: A little surprise on the Raid mission

Added: Artillery. Both sides have 3 artillery positions that AI can call it in. If the player calls in artillery and AI are using it the player will have to wait until it's free.

Added: Distance check to mission complete, no just using the artillery!

Change: Delay on Unstick civilian car

Change: Tinker with onplayerkilled camera

Change: Tinker with Helo script

Change: Added camera to unconscious script

Change: Name change, I completely forgot about the Warfare mode in Arma!

Change: CAS choppers are now only spawned on radio command. This stops the take off at start, shot down in 30 seconds loop they're in at the moment.

Fixed: Replacement units now not spawned on Medic's roof.

Fixed: Dumb mofos in ambush mission

:)

Update in first post.

Beat 0.19

Added: A really simple intro. It probably never ends and it's pretty lame but it's more a placeholder.

Added: Smoke shell artillery for both sides

Added: Additional End Lose for losing Civilian Morale, watch the friendly fire.

Change: Stat tweak in eventhandlers

Change: Limit artillery quantities and overhaul of artillery script

Change: Disabled CombatFormationSoft to see if helps with the wandering loon problem

Change: More tweaks to the AI script

Fixed: Incoming artillery fire sound

Fixed: Radio disappearing of map screen after reload

Fixed: Helo always crashing after drop off...mostly

Known: Occassionally AI units can lose their head and walk away from you ignoring orders. Currently I don't have a fix for this. :/

All I can recommend is reloading the last savegame.

This mission reminds me of Resistance. It's well thought out and enjoyable. I just started a new game and the first mission was defense. In the ensuing battle I captured a vodnik and drove it back to base - but when I spoke to the commander and completed the mission my vodnik disappeared. How about letting us keep captured vehicles (like Resistance)?

Very good mission, but this was a downside for me as well. Rebel supplies never replenish so I started stealing supply trucks but they'd disappear. Currently transferring all needed ammo from supply trucks manually before talking to the commander. It's kind of tedious. But it's the only way to keep a stock of GP25-HE rounds, pg-7 vr and various other types of ammo for weapons I pick off of the dead.

Maybe make it so driving a supply truck into camp auto-resupplies the camp? If that's possible?

Other than that it's a great mission. Wouldn't mind a chopper of my own though.

Thanks for the mission.

Rebel supplies never replenish so I started stealing supply trucks but they'd disappear. Currently transferring all needed ammo from supply trucks manually before talking to the commander. It's kind of tedious. But it's the only way to keep a stock of GP25-HE rounds, pg-7 vr and various other types of ammo for weapons I pick off of the dead.

So tedious it didn't occur to me that anyone would do it! :p

Glad you're enjoying it.

How about letting us keep captured vehicles (like Resistance)?

Done.

Update in first post.

Beta 0.20

Added: Eventhandler to remove vehicles that player has entered from the stuff to delete.

Fixed: Civilian lose in main script

Change: Slight mod of stats again.

Cheers

MrN thanks for using Panthera for you magnificent work. I have two requests :)

1. Can you duplicate the mission to Isla Duala?

2. Any chance to make it MP compatible with possibility of Coop_16?

"..AI not doing as told and wandering off."

I've had this too I'm afraid. I don't think it's anything I'm doing and it's very intermittant, if the mission is completed and the AI is bundled back into the chopper he then seems to recover. I have yet to find a fix for this oddity apart from killing him and getting a new AI at the base.

Nothing to do with you mate.

I've had this happen once in the main campaign. My Machine gunner chap would just walk off, facing north or whatever, and not doing as I told him.

I had to team switch to him and make him run back to me all the time.

If it’s happening again, I assume it’s part of the latest patch maybe??

Thanks IceBreakr.

1. Can you duplicate the mission to Isla Duala?

I'll have a look at it.

2. Any chance to make it MP compatible with possibility of Coop_16?

Not by me, sorry. MP scripting makes my head hurt even more and I'm no good at it.

@stegman

Nothing to do with you mate.

I've had this happen once in the main campaign.

That's reasssuring, at least it's not me!

I wonder if it's an animation problem because I've had rare instances where my unit has been locked in the crouching position walking forward. I have to get him to hit the deck before I regain control of him.

One thing I have found (I think) is that if you make sure the group is in Aware mode not Combat before getting into the Chopper it's much less likely to happen.

That's reasssuring, at least it's not me!

I wonder if it's an animation problem because I've had rare instances where my unit has been locked in the crouching position walking forward. I have to get him to hit the deck before I regain control of him.

One thing I have found (I think) is that if you make sure the group is in Aware mode not Combat before getting into the Chopper it's much less likely to happen.

Possible.

This happened to me after a long HumVee ride.

We got out and Robo was fixed, as you say almost locked in an animation state, and walking off.

Talking of multi player, could you please make the other team mates playable?

That way we could switch to them and use them a little better..?

Once again a truly remarkable mission from you! It's already a masterpiece. Thanks for the quick updates.

Are you planning on adding the BIS First Aid System or maybe norrins revive? It would be nice to be able to drag wounded teammates and do a simple first aid or more. I have to reload a mission if my legs get taken out. I suppose I can medivac back to base and heal but it would be nice to have something out there. Even just a hospital at any friendly camps set up.(If that even happens in this game.)

EDIT:

Well I see there's some sort of revive, I was incapacitated and was able to get healed. But some FAS abilities would still be excellent. Just a thought.

This mission rocks.

Edited by Manzilla

I agree that battlefield clearance is necessary; incapacitated team members are in exposed areas more often than not.

Tried a new game with the latest version last night, and just as I was walking up to the commander to end my first (radar) mission, the game ended due to loss of civilian morale! All I'd done was attack the radar site, load up the truck and drive it home, so it was very odd to have the game abruptly end due to circumstances beyond my control.

I noticed that the

attack dogs in raid missions don't seem to move from their tightly bunched spot even when I approach to medium range. They've never posed a threat as a result. I like the idea of attack dogs but they should be free to quickly overrun our team once our location is known.

I agree that battlefield clearance is necessary; incapacitated team members are in exposed areas more often than not.

Tried a new game with the latest version last night, and just as I was walking up to the commander to end my first (radar) mission, the game ended due to loss of civilian morale! All I'd done was attack the radar site, load up the truck and drive it home, so it was very odd to have the game abruptly end due to circumstances beyond my control.

I noticed that the

attack dogs in raid missions don't seem to move from their tightly bunched spot even when I approach to medium range. They've never posed a threat as a result. I like the idea of attack dogs but they should be free to quickly overrun our team once our location is known.

I had the same thing happen with the fuel depot. I think it's because I was unloading artillery to close to civies and my have blasted some buildings/cars/people. Not sure though.

EDIT:

Alright, I just got a destroy ammo dump mission way up in the mountains. Not a civilian for miles. I dusted the camp with artillery and then an assault but when I got back I failed the mission due to loss of civilian support. Any ideas here?

Edited by Manzilla

I failed the mission due to loss of civilian support. Any ideas here?

Nope, apart from I obviously broke something! Sorry people.

I'm away from my main PC for a couple of days so bear with me. In the meantime, at the options at the start of the mission select Expert for Civilian Morale and the game should last longer.

Edited by MrN
Typo's

@Stegman

Talking of multi player, could you please make the other team mates playable?

Bit complicated I'm afraid due to the way I'm storing all the variables. It would need a hefty rewrite to do that.

Beta 0.21

Added: Convoy mission...I apologise in advance for the driving...

Added: Rescue Hostages mission

Added: Battlefield Clearance module

Added: Call in Vehicle radio option

Added: Call in infantry radio option

Added: Started implementing rating dependance

Added: Vehicle Spawning choice dependant on Morale

Removed: Civilian lose in main script until I can work out the numbers

Change: Radius on Raid mission

Change: More of a punishment if you're captured (Rating and Morale)

In first post.

@Stegman

Bit complicated I'm afraid due to the way I'm storing all the variables. It would need a hefty rewrite to do that.

k, no worries.

Thanks for the newest version! :yay:

Big thank you and congrats.

For me, this is the best SP mod i have played yet. I am addicted to it. love that i can RP the resistance, love the sand box aspect, the island is a hand full to get around, but that may be why i enjoy it so much. Not to mention very nicely made.

I go to work, and all i can think about is getting home to play it. Thanks again and keep going!

Thanks Calgar. That's my motivation right there. :)

stegman, as I've watched another AI loon scuttle off diagonally, it's spurred me on to get teamswitch working, which for the most part is done.

Here's where I am with it so far, just got some final testing to do.

Removed: Unstick civilian car script

Added: Teamswitch, mainly to try and fix misbehaving AI

Added: Patrols for both sides around the island

Added: Added triggers to teleport AI drivers over tricky bridges. I suspect this is part of the cause of the civilian morale to drop so rapidly as drivers were getting killed.

Added: An alternative rating system due to teamswitch dilemmas

Fixed: Some Res weren't adding to the AI monitor

Fixed: Unrequired spawns

Change: Player can no longer choose how many cars, it's dependant on morale like East/Res

Change: Transported all the variables over to a logic

Big thank you and congrats.

For me, this is the best SP mod i have played yet....

I go to work, and all i can think about is getting home to play it. Thanks again and keep going!

Im right there with you mate!

Fan-bloody-tastic isnt it?

Thanks Calgar. That's my motivation right there. :)

stegman, as I've watched another AI loon scuttle off diagonally, it's spurred me on to get teamswitch working, which for the most part is done.

Here's where I am with it so far, just got some final testing to do.

Added: Teamswitch, mainly to try and fix misbehaving AI

Happy days! :yay:

If it doesnt fix the 'wandering off' aspect then it should be a handy for setting up ambushes etc.