Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Guerilla Warfare [SP-Dynamic]

A new sandbox, a new Dynamic mission!

I was aiming for a rawer, tougher challenge than Dynamic War. However the original plan really wasn't coming together so what I've done is re-invent the wheel. There's (hopefully) enough changes to make it worthwhile playing.

Using 3rd party modifications other than the required ones may cause undesirable effects. Or, be really cool! Be warned they may break missions.

May I suggest using Chammys sound mod? I've played around with a few mods but this one really stuck, awesome!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88149

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9049

I may do an ACE version at some point in the future but I have enough on my plate as it is without adding even more!

Isla Duala Version

overview-1.jpg

Beta 0.27 Isla Duala Version

* * * Please check you have at least Isla Duala Version 1.3 * * *

Added: Afrene Army http://icebreakr.com/islands/index.php?island=duala&show=download

Change: AI skill array making Afrenian troops more "trained" and Molation troops less organised but more fierce

Change: More tweaks to AI "experience"

Change: Enemies morale gets a boost if he gets in your base on a defend mission

Change: Default difficulty higher

Requires:

Isla Duala

http://www.icebreakr.com/islands/

Forum Thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88652

MP Compatible Fast Rope Addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791

Download:

http://www.armaholic.eu/mrn/ID_Dynamic_V027.rar

Have a look at the Guerilla War videos here for an idea of what it's like

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlumpHelmetPunk

Panthera Version (Older)

overview.jpg

Requires:

Panthera Island

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7468

BIS Forum Link

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=86720

Littlebirds V2.1

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5952

BIS Forum Link

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74856

Beta 0.23

Added: An action at the medic to refresh the squad. Teamswitching to faulty units doesn't fix faulty AI so this is the only way I can think of to fix them.

Added: Vehicles at base for tranportation

Added: Repair option for vehicles

Added: Norrins flip car script

Added: Ultra Simple Patrol Script v1.0 by JW Custom

Added: The ability to disrupt enemy communications by destroying radio towers. Each tower destroyed reduces the chance of enemy calling in artillery and reduces the range in which they'll call for reinforcement.

Added: Ai value adjustments based on India Kilo's Zeus AI Combat Skills

Change: UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon instead of Kronzkys UPS script

Change: Tweaked patrol generation and likelihood

Change: Captured mission now counts as a mission played

Download:

http://www.armaholic.eu/mrn/GW_BetaV23.rar

Armaholic mirror:

- Guerilla Warfare (@)

Please make sure it's the right version number before downloading.

Cheers

Edited by MrN
Jigged around so Isla Duala is at the top of the post

MrN!

Very glad to see an Arma2 mission from you, I really enjoyed Dynamic war (kept me going back to ArmA)

I'll download this tonight and update this post with any feedback.

Cheers mate! :)

Any news? Do you still need beta testers? :)

Yes. This just made my day. Thanks MrN. Good to see you in A2. Dynamic War was the best A1 mission hands down. I love the sound of this mission.

Sounds mega!

I haven’t played it yet, but have just read the read me files.

I have an opinion on two points and a suggestion for one.

1) Not sure if the player should be a Resistance fighter or Blufor behind the lines helping the resistance.

I think the player should be resistance.

Should give the feeling you are fighting for your own sake. Your own country and ideals, rather than sticking your nose into anothers afairs..

(although, it might get a little hard trying to understand what your saying for the English speakers amonsgt us!

Might be worth using the resistance models, but making them 'west' side, so the language is english??)

2) Major Blufor force attack... Have the basic scripts ready, just need

a plan!

How about this; you are a resident of Chernarus fighting against the local Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star (ChDKZ) militia and the Chernarussian Defence Forces (CDF) !!

You play each side off against the other, doing little ‘tasks’ for them until one is dead, then you finish off the other.

I have PM’d you further info on this idea...

3) Long travel times

Could you influence towns to become friendly by doing missions near to them?

If so, they could be used as recruitment centres and fast travel hubs maybe?

No idea how to code such a thing though sorry.. :(

Edited by stegman
ideas

Hello there,

I had a little play with GW last night.

I couldnt find the correct Littlebird addon, but managed to get the mission running in editor anyway.

I love the start with the rainbow (not sure if that happens for everyone, but it did for me!

I worked out where i was, and got a mission from the warlord to "destroy the ammo dump".

I checked my tasks and clicked the link, but no marker was placed.

The mission was as grid ref:040,037...a small clearing off of a dirt road.

I have no addons (other than possibly the wrong littlebird ones) or mods.

But i am running through Steam, if that will make any odds..?

Also, focus shows up twice in the action menu.

Edited by stegman

edit: misread, nvm

Edited by maturin

Where is the DL link? I asked him about testing a few months ago but he said the project was put on hold for the time being. Has he been working on it? Is there a beta?

Sorry, must have missed the last few posts. :o

Check the first post for the first public beta download.

I'm fully expecting a few problems but I have to start somewhere.

Cheers

:)

Check the first post for the first public

This rocks! Thanks bud, good to see your stuff in A2.

I'd like an ACE2 version as well but I'm just happy to have an A2 mission by MrN. If he gets to making one he gets to making one, if not oh well, this one will do just fine.

EDIT:

Per the ReadMe included in the DL...... so people don't have to ask about it over and over.(But I'm sure they will anyways.)

I may do an ACE version

at some point in the future but I have enough on my plate as it is without adding even more!

Edited by Manzilla

As is usual I've already found a few bugs so I'd ask for a bit of patience, some of it WILL fall over, some of it won't. I'll leave the download up for the time being as there may be other issues that crop up that I can fix quickly.

Cheers

EDIT

Update in first post, now off to wrap presents and drink copious amounts of cider.

Edited by MrN

Tidy! merry Christmas indeed!

Thanks MrN!

Hope you all had a fab few days.

The map feels more alive now, with random men about the place and (literally) bumped into more civilian cars than you could shake a stick at. (seems AI units cant see parked cars and refuse to drive around them but instead try to drive through them (this fault lies with BI, not you)).

I tried out the new version, and found two small issues;

Identiy

I was happy with the English voice of the player character, as now I can understand what I’m telling my men to do!

I was promptly captured and lost my English voice and ID, I was no longer "P1" and i was now talking Russian.

Rescue

No one came to rescue me and there were no guards so I grabbed a gun from a crate and left the camp.

I found and killed an OpFor, took his map and found out i was at 054065 and the camp was at 064065.

I followed the road East from Ukanc looking for a car when i found two of my 'rescue team' who joined me.

No sign of the rest, but they had clearly gotten into a fight.

Good work again mate, looking better all the time.

Tidy! merry Christmas indeed!

Thanks MrN!

Hope you all had a fab few days.

The map feels more alive now, with random men about the place and (literally) bumped into more civilian cars than you could shake a stick at. (seems AI units cant see parked cars and refuse to drive around them but instead try to drive through them (this fault lies with BI, not you)).

I tried out the new version, and found two small issues;

Identiy

I was happy with the English voice of the player character, as now I can understand what I’m telling my men to do!

I was promptly captured and lost my English voice and ID, I was no longer "P1" and i was now talking Russian.

Rescue

No one came to rescue me and there were no guards so I grabbed a gun from a crate and left the camp.

I found and killed an OpFor, took his map and found out i was at 054065 and the camp was at 064065.

I followed the road East from Ukanc looking for a car when i found two of my 'rescue team' who joined me.

No sign of the rest, but they had clearly gotten into a fight.

Good work again mate, looking better all the time.

Hi stegman.

Thanks for the feedback matey.

There's a new version now in the first post which should address the issues and fix other stuff.

Beta 0.16

Added: Civilians in cars

Added: Dialogue for adjsting Civilian quantities

Added: A customised version of afp's awareness script

Added: Various little tweaks to try and prevent meltdown further into mission (chopper flying to [0,0,0] and only defend mission being selected.)

Added: Benchmark facility to assist fine tuning of settings

Fixed: Assault ending instantly

Fixed: Rearrange group members when healing squad

Fixed: Units not deleting correctly

Change: Army Patrols now use Guard waypoints for extra spice

Removed: SILVIE module, other cars seem to find these empty ones irresistible to crash into

Removed: Loads of lag

Hi stegman.

Thanks for the feedback matey.

There's a new version now in the first post which should address the issues and fix other stuff.

Downloading now fella.

Cheers.

Beta 0.17

Fixed: Units stop spawning further into the mission

Fixed: Units not deleting correctly *fingers crossed* and converted delete script to sqf.

Change: Convert Patrol script to sqf

Change: Reinitialise Awareness script after every mission to prevent script errors.

Change: Change spawn configuration. Morale dictates skill of unit, strength now changes units AND groups so a low group count with high skill is now possible

Change: Uber spawning under control.

Change: Added "AwareFormationSoft" enableAIFeature false, I much prefer the tighter formation. Combat is left unchanged.

Should be a lot more playable now. :rolleyes:

http://www.armaholic.eu/mrn/GW_BetaV17.rar

Cheers

Sup Nasty!

Haven't tried since 0.13 but this mission has found that addictive quality again :)

Rebel base is much better and Panthera is such a cool Island for this type of mission - long treks are so much more enjoyable in the Shire-like Panthera :D

Couple O' things:

-Heal squad still spawns your guys ontop of the roof who then take damage after that mighty 8 foot fall :D

-The Escape from enemy camp thing is really cool, watched my reinforcements stalk and take the camp -awesome! I think the player should still be some how penalized by his commander for failing the mission and wasting precious resources for his rescue. Don't know if you still use Hero points, but maybe a deduction as well as smack down from the chief.

-Any chance for fastrope insertions?

Thanks.

Hi froggyluv

You should find 0.17 is significantly different to those early versions.

Heal squad still spawns your guys ontop of the roof who then take damage after that mighty 8 foot fall

Different building now so it shouldn't happen.

-The Escape from enemy camp thing is really cool, watched my reinforcements stalk and take the camp -awesome! I think the player should still be some how penalized by his commander for failing the mission and wasting precious resources for his rescue. Don't know if you still use Hero points, but maybe a deduction as well as smack down from the chief.

Lol, cool. That must have been one of the only times it worked in that version!

I haven't worked out the balancing yet, the only stats that effects things is Morale and strength which is for group size, skill and ultimately game length. I forgot all about the rating stuff.:p I'm not sure if I'll implement that yet as there's a plan in my head somewhere but I just have to find it! Currently friendly morale is penalised for your imprisonment but it does need something else I agree.

-Any chance for fastrope insertions?

Doesn't feel very Guerilla! Are there any scripts around for fast roping?

Cheers

Hehe, I'm meant that I'm playing .17 now :p

The initial squad used to start on top of the roof and thats been fixed, but when I went to Heal, the reinforcements started atop the roof again.

I probably jumped the gun on the fastrope request, as the first time I was inserted the chopper hit trees trying to take off but it hasn't happened since and I probably should have ordered a better insertion point.

Hehe, I'm meant that I'm playing .17 now

:cool:

The initial squad used to start on top of the roof and thats been fixed, but when I went to Heal, the reinforcements started atop the roof again.

Oh. Hey ho, could be worse I suppose. It will be done in 0.18 ;)

I probably jumped the gun on the fastrope request, as the first time I was inserted the chopper hit trees trying to take off but it hasn't happened since and I probably should have ordered a better insertion point.

It can happen occasionally, I also had an extraction chopper fail to come and get me from base earlier but after a drive back and reset, the mission seemed to continue ok albeit with a parked up MH6! I'm sure there's all sorts of super wizzbang AAII commands I could be using but I'm still a caveman happy he's got some fire!

..Hero points..

Not a bad idea that.

what would you get for earning hero points? Vehicles + Weapons?

How about the high command module coming into play?

When you get high enough hero points you could command a second or third team :o

OOORRRR...this could be used for the US Involvement!

If you get high points, you can call on US troops to insert in your mission area.

These US troops are very skilled, they run about do the mission fast as fu...very quickly then exfil via a 'this setcaptive true' chopper!

Do-able? or should i STFU?