Sign in to follow this  
imutep

Search At War [SP]

The english translation doesn't work for me neither. I have czech version of ArmA2.

Ok, seems that there are problems with the stringtable. I've write now only english in the stringtable and it should work now coorectly. Dl-Link is updated! ;)

This is one helluva a good mission, but then again I wasn't expecting anything less from an AMS mission. They are always great missions. I've gotten thru the mission but I've encountered a few things.

1.) I still can't get the Ammo Supply to work. The exact same thing is happening. I go through the motions but when I actually call the Ammo supply via the Communications Menu I'm never asked for a location and clicking on the map does nothing. If I try to call it again the option is removed from both radio locations so I can't call for it.

2. If I try to call the hinds the game freezes and I have to hit ctrl+alt+del to exit the game and when I get to the desktop it says A2 has stopped working. I haven't altered the mission at all but I'm using CBA and a few other AddOns but the don't seem to cause the problems in my missions. I don't see anything wrong with the setup of the mission but I could be missing something.

If you need any more info let me know.

I'm playing with v1.01 Eng.

Thx Manzilla and nice to read that you enjoy our missions! :rolleyes:

Well, i know the problem with calling air support before you've destroyed the SU 23 AA canon. I think the next patch should fix this problem.

You should play the newest version 1.02 which i released few hours ago, but forgot to change the version number in the first post. In this version i fixet the problem with the supply_drop. Now it works! ^^

supply.jpg

Excellent! Thanks for the fix. Ahhh yes, I didn't mention that I was just trying to see what would happen if I called it before I destroyed the AA, I was hoping it would get by. That was the last thing left and the map and I figured why not try.

I'll play the new version too. This is a damn good mission to learn more about mission making. ***Note to people trying to learn about mission making***

I played yesterday & first off I sniped the guards round the power generator & blew it with satchels (love that silenced russian sniper rifle,i loved it in S.T.A.L.K.E.R too :cool:) then I wandered a bit further over the hill & spotted tristian in the village so sniped him too, but following that his other troops in the village gunned me & my men down & I couldnt locate where the shots were coming from & we were stuck on open ground!better luck next time I think, cool mission! :)

Thx man(s) :)

Has anybody the base attack at the begin of the mission? Sometimes its too heavy i think! ^^

I was gonna try that this time. I originally tried to take out the camp first but I got taken out pretty quick. Not that that's bad though. The missions I make normally are packed with enemies, defenses, etc. so the get pretty heavy most of the time, I'm always game for a challenge. ;) :coop:

Speaking of which, I should really get off my ass and finish up one of my missions for release. I'm having too much fun playing other peoples missions though.

Edited by Manzilla

Uh... Something really weird is going on. I downloaded this mission and put the .pbo file in my arma2\missions\ directory. I start the mission and I'm sitting near a campfire alone (why alone?). I move down the hill and there's a group of allies who, after a few minutes, move over near the BTR-90 and stand in formation. I see the "squad leader" symbol on the BTR like we're supposed to be formating with it. And then... we wait. Nothing happens. Nobody moves. I have no mission objectives. I restarted the mission and the same thing happened. Restarted again. THIS time, the camp came under heavy attack by a number of enemies including missile troops, and I got killed by an explosion.

... I have no idea what's supposed to be going on. :(

Uh... Something really weird is going on. I downloaded this mission and put the .pbo file in my arma2\missions\ directory. I start the mission and I'm sitting near a campfire alone (why alone?). I move down the hill and there's a group of allies who, after a few minutes, move over near the BTR-90 and stand in formation. I see the "squad leader" symbol on the BTR like we're supposed to be formating with it. And then... we wait. Nothing happens. Nobody moves. I have no mission objectives. I restarted the mission and the same thing happened. Restarted again. THIS time, the camp came under heavy attack by a number of enemies including missile troops, and I got killed by an explosion.

... I have no idea what's supposed to be going on. :(

I was like that first time too,but I was playing the german language version before Imutep kindly translated :p what you need to do is wander down into the camp (I presume your on sentry duty at the start?) & pick up some gear from the ammo crates,making sure to find the NV goggles, then you'll get a message to say "task complete", after that go & board the BTR, the other guys will follow you & you'll be driven to the start point,once you leave the BTR, 3 of the guys will come under your control & you can then go about the objectives :)

I have just downloaded the 1.02 version of this mission and it is still in German. Where can I get the English version of the mission?

Thanks

SD

Well, boarding the BTR-90 does cause a bunch of troops to hop in and we drive into the field. Only I have NO objective text. Seriously, there's just a column of check boxes and then a blank area where the text ought to be. :(

At the beginning you have a waypoint to the camp. Go this way, take your equip and then lets rock. You must know, for each objectives or orders to get in a vehicle or something else, you bacome a hint info text. I think the ACM spawned troops near your camp fire position and it makes you confus. Well, that is war! :p

The english version of the mission is when you scroll down the dl-site, there are 3 Buttons (Download, English and Forum). So use the English Button for the english version. ;)

aha

Thanks. I didn't notice the english button I just went ahead and clicked the download button.

Well you live and learn :)

SD

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

OK I have downloaded the english version of the mission and have got my NVG's etc and taken a little jaunt in the BTR-90 but now I have no tasks in the map screen or any way to know what the objectives are. Any ideas?

arma22009-07-2311-03-20-54-2.jpg

SD

Edited by Soupdragon

Which version of A2 do you have? English, italian...

I added now italian to the stringtable. Should work!

Look at this pic

Ok, i've updated booth versions. The english version is now without the stringtable and i added also more functions like task defend and task patrol. The english version works now correct. :)

Changelog:

v1.03

• english version without stringtable now
  • added more functions like task defend and task patrol
  • added content for cadet mode

First post up to date!

I'm using 1.02 but when the mission starts all the text is in German. I'm using the boxed English version (U.S.). Do I need to do something to get it in English? Maybe this new version 1.03 will work for me in English?

Yes, version 1.03 works in english now. On the dl-site scroll down, you see an Download Button (german) and the English Button for the english version. ;)

I'm getting this problem: I have killed tristan, cleared the village and found the survivors. Now i'm heading to the camp, when i try to call for the hind support the game always crashes to desktop "arma 2 has stopped responding"

:)

Edit:

I noticed that i should destroy anti air in the camp before calling air support, maybe thats why it crashed.

Managed to clear the camp, went to the extraction zone (last objective) with all survivors, but mission did not end.

Edited by subtee

I'm getting this problem: I have killed tristan, cleared the village and found the survivors.

Managed to clear the camp, went to the extraction zone (last objective) with all survivors, but mission did not end.

Are u sure you've cleared the village completly? Every mission objective which is succeeded, you see a hint. Also you have to take a look at your map when you should go back to extraction zone. Sometimes you must go to the medic outpost, if one of the survivors are damaged (>=0.5). ;)

Are u sure you've cleared the village completly? Every mission objective which is succeeded, you see a hint. Also you have to take a look at your map when you should go back to extraction zone. Sometimes you must go to the medic outpost, if one of the survivors are damaged (>=0.5). ;)

Yeah, im pretty sure, that i got the message that the village was clear.

I healed all my men and the survivors with the medic that i found in the forest.

I'll try again with a different approach and see how it goes.

OK, ... and when you must go back to the extraction zone, wait for the BTR-90 who pick u up and bring you back to base. You also can go back to base by foot.

OK, ... and when you must go back to the extraction zone, wait for the BTR-90 who pick u up and bring you back to base. You also can go back to base by foot.

Yea i waited for the BTR for a while (i even increased the time speed) but it never came. :)

Ill start the mission over and see how it goes :)