Sign in to follow this  
imutep

Search At War [SP]

Here is my newest SP mission for ArmA2. Search At War is a nice Spetz mission with 6 mission objectives.

saw-title.jpg

Story:

A russian support convoy was attacked by guerillas in Myshkino. Only 3 russian soldiers survive ths ambush and hide now in the woods. They hope anybody rescue them. The warlord Tristian planed many attacks against the russian forces and is now the target of the Spetz. You have to find the soldiers and hunt for Tristian. Find and kill him. Bring back the soldiers, alive. :cool:

Download: Search At War 1.04 (26th july 2009)

Language: German / English

Changelog:

v1.04

Added random positions for survivers

Removed setCurrentTask commands from the objectives, so no double wps

BTR-90 on extraction fixed

Tristian new random position

v1.03

english version without stringtable now

added more functions like task defend and task patrol

added content for cadet mode

v1.02

supply_drop corrected

v1.01

Fixed founded translation errors

Features:

• Random enemy troops
  • Random positions of enemy units
  • Spawned troops, vehicles and heli
  • Random weather and daytime
  • Optional mission objectives
  • 6 mission objectives
  • 3 different missions-endings
  • Random patrols
  • Air support
  • Supply drop (SOM)

Modules:

• First aid
  • Secure wounded soldiers
  • Civilians
  • Civilian vehicles
  • Tiere
  • SOM (without missions)
  • ACM

Known Bug(s):

• If you call air support before the SU 23 AA canon is destroyed, your A2 crashes to desktop

Have fun and sorry for my english ^^

Edited by Imutep

I just installed this & had a quick go & im really impressed with what ive seen so far, it seems very atmospheric & polished, & its clear you've put a lot of effort into it :)

The only difficulty i have is that unfortunately my German is very poor so im struggling to understand the notes in the tasks, so im not too sure what im supposed to be doing, is there an english version on the way for us language ignorant types?

Other than that this seems like a great & well thought out mission so i look forward to playing it right through!

Have to agree an english version would be nice. I took a look and just the intro and the way you crafted bases looks really spiffy.

Thx for the feedback!

My english is poor. But i try to translate it as good as i can do. Give me 3 days ;)

Wow, good work. Looking forward to your English translation. If you have problems with it try pasting the text here in German. And maybe I or others would help you.

Sehr schöne Mission wirklich. Nur eine Sache stimmt nicht. Jedes mal wenn ich den Heli rufen will 0-0-5 stürzt Arma einfach ab :confused:

I know, this problem i had also sometimes. I think its a bug...or a feature :) Crashes it your arma2 every time when you call 0-0-5?

I found out what it was. You need to blow up the AA Gun, and I really mean blow up, after that you can call the chopper without a crash.

But the chopper crew is somehow stupid, they keep crashing in trees all the time. Please check if the have nighvision

can u do this mission on russian language? of course if u can do that.. =)

You might find this helpful for translating, its not always exact but it will do a good enough job & anything glaringly wrong we'll be able to correct you on if you dont mind the feedback.

Follow the link http://dictionary.reference.com/translate

Hope that is of some use to you!

Thx, i have tried a "good" translator, called apacho.de. But the best translator don't help if you don't can correct any translation errors. ^^

Wow, good work. Looking forward to your English translation. If you have problems with it try pasting the text here in German. And maybe I or others would help you.

Ok, i think (hope) i've translated all. But please, i think it's not 100% correct.

I found out what it was. You need to blow up the AA Gun, and I really mean blow up, after that you can call the chopper without a crash.

But the chopper crew is somehow stupid, they keep crashing in trees all the time. Please check if the have nighvision

Yes, this can be the problem. I try to create the trigger when you can call air support. ;)

can u do this mission on russian language? of course if u can do that.. =)

Sure, if i had anybody who speak the russian language i do it.

The english version is now available. Scroll down the download site. Then you see an "English" Button.

Have fun, and i hope the translation is ok so far. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your hard work and efforts to bring us an English version!.

I am downloading now and will try this out, looking forward to it. :cool:

I fixed a founded string error in the briefing.sqf and fixed it. Also translated the overview.html and the debriefing. Should work!

Hi Imutep, do you know where I can get a pair of NV goggles in your mission? I couldnt find any in the equipment boxes or vehicles but the rest of my team have them & I think they are pretty essential for this mission at the start! :)

Sure! ^^

You find the binoc and the nvgoggle in the ammo box, left from the backpacks in the tent.

How many survivors should there be in the forest? iv'e only found two.

Seems like a good mission so far, little constructive criticism tho,

you should get someone to help you with the english translation, and theres still some german left in, example: one of the survivors probably died on me and the mission ended with a german message.

Other than that, seems really well made :)

There are 3 survivors in the woods. Thy are all around the markers and one of them i remember is under a tree. :rolleyes:

Yes i know my ""bad" english, i've translated the mission as good as i can, but it seems i forgot one trigger text to translate. Sorry will fix this now.

Regards

So is this why the Supply Drop doesn't work for me? I wasn't sure if was getting shot down or just not working as it should. When I select Supply Drop from the Communication menu it never asks me for any coordinates or anything. I get no response, message, etc.

The Supply Drop works fine. I tested it again now. If you called Hotel, the hint message for supply shows. Then you can activate via the comunication (0-8-1) the supply drop. Click on the map to give the coordinates, then comes minutes later a heli and drop down the equip. It works ;)

Yeah that's what I did but it wouldn't let me click on the map. Nothing happens. I'll try it again.

EDIT:

I just tried it again, nothing happens. Even after I hit 0-8-1 it never asks me where I want the drop. I started the mission over again but still couldn't get it to work. Not sure what's going on. I'm playing the English version.

Edited by Manzilla

Hmm ok, i tested again and now i got the same as you. I changed now the activation from the supply_drop. I had this lines in a trigger.

waitUntil {!isnil {player getVariable "mainScope"}};
SOM_mainScope = player getVariable "mainScope";
Som1 getVariable "initDone";
[["supply_drop"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

and now i changed to:

init.sqf:

waitUntil {!isnil {player getVariable "mainScope"}};
SOM_mainScope = player getVariable "mainScope";
Som1 getVariable "initDone";

Trigger:

[["supply_drop"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

So now it should work correctly. Tested it and all works fine (5 times)

Regards :)

I thought that may be the problem. I'll fix it and give it a try. This is a wicked mission by the way. Another great mission by you.

Thx Manzilla, hope you enjoy the mission!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the English version is still showing up in German text :confused:

I erased the old one and downloaded AMS_Search_At_War_Eng.V1.01.rar, threw the pbo in my missions folder but no luck, I'm lost in translation...

I do have the german version of Arma2 with the language patch but that wouldn't disrupt anything me thinks.

This can be the problem that you have the german version. In future i make my missions always in english language now. ^^