Sign in to follow this  
Liability

Dedicated Server Bandwidth

Quick question, curious if anyone's inferred through observation a minimum upload bandwidth required per player slot for smooth gameplay on a dedicated server?

I would estimate 4-5 Mbit upload for a 32 player, thats what my server uses on evo type map.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

I don't know if you can actually break it down 'per slot' since things change per mission. If your provider is charging per slot, then I would suggest they don't know very much about this game. Perhaps, not per missions either, but per mission type, is a better way of saying it. Hold, CTI, Warfare, CO-OP and PvP all have different needs and requirements on your server. EVO and DOM are pretty much mission types all on their own.

Is it a dedicated server?

Does it have a bandwidth limit (GB per month)?

Do you have root/admin access to the server?

I don't know if you can actually break it down 'per slot' since things change per mission. If your provider is charging per slot, then I would suggest they don't know very much about this game. Perhaps, not per missions either, but per mission type, is a better way of saying it. Hold, CTI, Warfare, CO-OP and PvP all have different needs and requirements on your server. EVO and DOM are pretty much mission types all on their own.

Is it a dedicated server?

Does it have a bandwidth limit (GB per month)?

Do you have root/admin access to the server?

I just know that in the past you used to have a recommended amount of bandwidth per player in the server. Looking to host my own, and was hoping to find out approximately how much bandwidth was needed to run say a 16 slot server.