Sign in to follow this  
phobia

Server side help

Hey guys got a question for you all. I got some buddies that are getting Arma Gold and we are going to do some Co-op. My question is, how do I host a multiplayer game and have the "Profile edits" such as Enemy AI accuracy and lack of cross hairs? Also to have mods setup, do I have to make a @Server folder? It won't be a dedicated server. I will just be hosting the game as i play with them.

I am unsure how this side of it works. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're hosting a client server, then any profile mods you have with AI skill and vice versa will already be applied. You do not need any special folders for mods.

There is one caveat though: any playable sides will have the "friendly" AI skill setting applied to them, so if you're playing a team based mission and want all AI to be a certain skill, then you need to have the same skill setting for both Friendly and Enemy sides.

Moving this thread to Multiplayer as it doesn't really pertain to addons & mods...

Thanks Franze

Now say all me and my buddies are on the same team. Then it does not matter about them both having the same settings correct?

Another words

If all of use were on the Marines and the enemy is SLA all are AI. Will I need to make both have the same settings?

Yes - any side that's playable gets the Friendly AI skill setting, not the Enemy AI skill setting.

For example, in Warfare, all RACS units would use the Enemy AI skill setting since they have no playable units on that side; but both the BLUFOR and OPFOR sides would use the Friendly AI skill setting.