Sign in to follow this  
BlackAlpha

Fix for Dogs of War Conversation in Beginning

This is a quick and dirty fix to get passed the conversation in the beginning of the mission Dogs of War when you've joined NAPA and made an alliance with CDF. Note that there are two missions. The one that is loaded depends on what you've done in the previous missions.

This fix alters C6_DogsOfWar.Chernarus. I believe that's the mission where you are either CDF or NAPA with alliance.

This fix does not alter C6B_DogsOfWar.Chernarus. I believe that's the mission where you are NAPA without an alliance.

I've only been able to test this on my own campaign in which I've joined NAPA and made an alliance with CDF. I'm not sure if this fix will do anything to campaign games under different conditions. This fix was made using Steam version 1.02.58136, I'm not sure what the effects of this fix will be on other game versions.

What exactly is changed? I noticed that the conversation would play normally if LittleJohn was not spawned. I've been unable to find out why exactly this bug happens but I've been able to bypass it using this quick and dirty fix. I've changed his name using two triggers for the duration that LittleJohn is supposed to say something. That way the other triggers won't be able to find him, thus his conversation is skipped and you only hear the other two CDF guys talk. I've not tested the rest of the msision, so I'm not sure if this causes any bugs or if there are any more BIS bugs that would render the mission unplayable.

Here's LittleJohn's transcript in case you are wondering what he says in the beginning:

LittleJohn: Hello, Cooper.

Download Link:

http://www.filefront.com/14039139/C6FIX_NAPA_ALLIANCE.rar/

PS: I wasn't sure whether to post this in the mods section or in here but since this topic might contain spoilers I decided to post it here.

Wow thx dude, i will check it out now! I will write the results here later.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Yeah! It 100% works! Thanks man! I think BIS will use your idea :) (shame on you BIS!)

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

btw why do you have 1.02.58136? The latest version is 1.02.58134.

Wow thx dude, i will check it out now! I will write the results here later.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Yeah! It 100% works! Thanks man! I think BIS will use your idea :) (shame on you BIS!)

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

btw why do you have 1.02.58136? The latest version is 1.02.58134.

I don't know. I was surprised by that as well but that's what it says in the bottom right. Could be a special Steam thing where they needed an extra patch just for Steam to fix Steam related issues.

By the way, keep in mind that this "mod" contains all the missions from 1.02.58134 or 1.02.58136 (whatever you currently got). So, when a new patch comes out, I suggest you don't use this because the patch might contain newer up-to-date versions of some maps.

Edited by BlackAlpha

By the way, keep in mind that this "mod" contains all the missions from 1.02.58134 or 1.02.58136 (whatever you currently got). So, when a new patch comes out, I suggest you don't use this because the patch might contain newer up-to-date versions of some maps.

I think dogs of war will be working OK in new patch, but thanks for head up anyway! Good job! You gave me another hours of gameplay.

Thanks, BlackAlpha, this works great to fix the initial dialoge with the officer and also my teammates respond to my commands. However I still can't complete the Lopotev mission, when we return to the mainland, he just stands near the helicopter and doesn't get into the truck. Ah, also Lt. Marny doesn't tell me anything about the russian base.

Great. It works. But could you also make the fix for Badlands(teammates not responding bug)?

Thanks, BlackAlpha, this works great to fix the initial dialoge with the officer and also my teammates respond to my commands. However I still can't complete the Lopotev mission, when we return to the mainland, he just stands near the helicopter and doesn't get into the truck. Ah, also Lt. Marny doesn't tell me anything about the russian base.

Well, I can only suggest to reload to a previous save and try again. That's what I had to do after I captured Lopotev. First time we landed, everybody except me and the pilot disembarked, then the pilot was just hovering in the air forever. Second time we landed but Lopotev didn't move. Third time a teammate died while disembarking. Fourth time two teammates died while disembarking. Fifth time everything worked and Lopotev got in the truck. Then I got a message but it only continued for like 2 sentences and then suddenly stopped, like it's yet another broken conversation. But everything else worked from that point on, except maybe for some conversations after you complete the POW exchange task. I think I was supposed to get back to base and report to Shaftoe but the conversation never happens... typical.

The conversations are extremely buggy in this mission but the rest seems to work decently. I think I've almost completed the mission now, I only need to find the Chedaki camp and capture two more towns.

By the way, I could take a look at badlands but I would need your profile to see what exactly is wrong because it seemed to work fine in my campaign.

Well, I'll have to try to reload several times and maybe will get the correct landing. But so far no luck, I even tried ordering my teammates disembarking just before landing. Still can't get Lopotev to respond. Badlands worked nicely for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the Chedaki counterattack with BRDMs on the second town.

This fix wont work for me. My teammates still didn't move when I restart Dogs Of War :|

Well, I'll have to try to reload several times and maybe will get the correct landing. But so far no luck, I even tried ordering my teammates disembarking just before landing. Still can't get Lopotev to respond. Badlands worked nicely for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the Chedaki counterattack with BRDMs on the second town.

I hate to say it but maybe a mission restart might help.

I just finished the mission and the game, so it is possible to finish it. I started the mission on the NAPA side with an alliance with CDF. I spoke with that guy who tells you about the redeployment of the MEU and then I just went to capture a couple of towns. Basically, I just followed the AI around. Whatever town they attacked, I attacked as well.

At some point they started attacking that town that was needed for the MEU to get back to the island, so I went there as well, captured the town, the marines arrived and shortly after that I got control over the marines. Then I abandoned the other AIs, who were attacking some towns in the middle north. I went east along the coast and somewhere along the way I got a message about that island were Lopotev is at.

After I captured the most south eastern town, I got razor team inside a Hind and we flew to the island. We captured Lopotev, I started looting night vision goggles for the rest of razor team. While looting NVGs we suddenly got teleported inside the transport chopper that was sent to pickup Lopotev. I made a save during that transport ride. Took me 5 reloads to land properly. After landing I got a message from Shaftoe but because of a bug I only heared the first two sentences. I got inside the transport truck with razor team and told my number two to drive to the prisoner exchange point.

We arrived, got ambushed by the spetsnaz and we killed them. The Russian general went to that spetsnaz's body, which was the final proof needed for the Russians to withdraw. After a whole bunch of talking, someone said I needed to go back to base and tell Shaftoe what happened but when I got back to base, nothing happened. Probably because that conversation was bugged. Then I noticed that I couldn't buy any more units at the base, yet another bug.

At that point there were 3 towns left in chedaki hands. So, I went to a small village that had shit loads of tanks protecting it. I manned one of my tanks as a gunner and annihilated all the enemy tanks and the rest of the defenders. Turns out that village contained their main base. I recieved a task complete, Shaftoe contacted me telling me that the war is over and that a chopper was sent to pick me up.

Then I got the ending called War That Never Was. I guess that's the most happy ending that you can get.

This fix wont work for me. My teammates still didn't move when I restart Dogs Of War :|

What side did you join and did you start an alliance in the previous mission? Do you know what mission you start on? There are two versions, C6 and C6B. Did you use the "revert" button to completely restart the mission?

Edited by BlackAlpha

What side did you join and did you start an alliance in the previous mission? Do you know what mission you start on? There are two versions, C6 and C6B. Did you use the "revert" button to completely restart the mission?

Hmm... In previous mission I killed Prizrak and at begining DoW a hint in top corner says that an alliance between BLUFOR and Guerillas has begun.

I used revert on DoW. How to join another side ?

Edited by logimenn

Hmm... In previous mission I killed Prizrak and at begining DoW a hint in top corner says that an alliance between CDF and Guerillas has begun.

I used revert on DoW. How to join another side ?

You joined NAPA, right? If you joined NAPA and killed Prizrak, then it should start C6, which is the mission that this fix alters.

Are you sure the mod is being loaded? It works for the other guys who also play under the same campaign conditions, so I don't see why it shouldn't work for you.

If you are sure that the mod is actually being loaded into the game, send me your profile, so I can check it out.

You joined NAPA, right? If you joined NAPA and killed Prizrak, then it should start C6, which is the mission that this fix alters.

Are you sure the mod is being loaded? It works for the other guys who also play under the same campaign conditions, so I don't see why it shouldn't work for you.

If you are sure that the mod is actually being loaded into the game, send me your profile, so I can check it out.

Yeah, after manhattan i run after NAPA guys to his hideout. U r right. i saw this now that linebackers ArmaII launcher didnt work properly when using "force directx9" switch cuz he didnt add a mods to command line.

EDIT:

Mod loaded and still wont work. Shit.

Send U my whole profile folder with saves or only profile file ?

Edited by logimenn

Yeah, after manhattan i run after NAPA guys to his hideout. U r right. i saw this now that linebackers ArmaII launcher didnt work properly when using "force directx9" switch cuz he didnt add a mods to command line.

EDIT:

Mod loaded and still wont work. Shit.

Send U my whole profile folder with saves or only profile file ?

Everything to avoid any issues.

I tried it with your profile and it works just fine. I think you might not be loading the mod properly. Just follow the instructions in the readme and don't load any other mods.

OK, thanks. Ill try today evening or tomorrow

I hate to say it but maybe a mission restart might help.

I just finished the mission and the game, so it is possible to finish it. I started the mission on the NAPA side with an alliance with CDF. I spoke with that guy who tells you about the redeployment of the MEU and then I just went to capture a couple of towns. Basically, I just followed the AI around. Whatever town they attacked, I attacked as well.

At some point they started attacking that town that was needed for the MEU to get back to the island, so I went there as well, captured the town, the marines arrived and shortly after that I got control over the marines. Then I abandoned the other AIs, who were attacking some towns in the middle north. I went east along the coast and somewhere along the way I got a message about that island were Lopotev is at.

After I captured the most south eastern town, I got razor team inside a Hind and we flew to the island. We captured Lopotev, I started looting night vision goggles for the rest of razor team. While looting NVGs we suddenly got teleported inside the transport chopper that was sent to pickup Lopotev. I made a save during that transport ride. Took me 5 reloads to land properly. After landing I got a message from Shaftoe but because of a bug I only heared the first two sentences. I got inside the transport truck with razor team and told my number two to drive to the prisoner exchange point.

We arrived, got ambushed by the spetsnaz and we killed them. The Russian general went to that spetsnaz's body, which was the final proof needed for the Russians to withdraw. After a whole bunch of talking, someone said I needed to go back to base and tell Shaftoe what happened but when I got back to base, nothing happened. Probably because that conversation was bugged. Then I noticed that I couldn't buy any more units at the base, yet another bug.

At that point there were 3 towns left in chedaki hands. So, I went to a small village that had shit loads of tanks protecting it. I manned one of my tanks as a gunner and annihilated all the enemy tanks and the rest of the defenders. Turns out that village contained their main base. I recieved a task complete, Shaftoe contacted me telling me that the war is over and that a chopper was sent to pick me up.

Then I got the ending called War That Never Was. I guess that's the most happy ending that you can get.

So dogs of war is still bugged? My god...should i play it or should i wait for your another fix? :) (bis maknig 1.03 too slow so i dont rely on this anymore)

So dogs of war is still bugged? My god...should i play it or should i wait for your another fix? :) (bis maknig 1.03 too slow so i dont rely on this anymore)

Well, I was able to finish it but others aren't so lucky. So, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya? ;)

I'll try it now and we will see who are really lucky :)

Edited by Aceman_rus

BlackAlpha thanks for save, Ill try it but what I must to do just after when Copper says "major begunov, lieutanant ...bla bla bla" ? Cuz when I revert DoW my team mates still dont want to move. I must go and speak to specified person or what ?