Sign in to follow this  
enven

In under five minutes...*HELP!!!

Crap Crap Crap.

I come home from vacation and I have ArmA 2 all loaded up:

I defragged my rig.

Cleared all unnecessary items off my PC.

Installed.

Patched.

& defragged again...

Ran the game on low settings, crashed.

Ran the game on Medium/Normal settings, crashed.

High, Crashed,

Highest, beautiful crash.

-

Core Duo 2 -E6840

Gigabyte P35 ® Mobo.

1gb OCZ 1600 DDR2 (Platinum, my other gig is bad, pos OCZ, never buying that sh*t again - I'll probably buy 4 gb soon.)

BFG 8800GTS 640mb

I can run basically any other game without a damn issue, ArmA 2 is crashing like mad on me...Any recommendations?

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Faulting application arma2.exe, version 1.2.0.58134, faulting module arma2.exe, version 1.2.0.58134, fault address 0x0054b367.

This is what its telling me in the event viewer.

This is the only game I have ever had problems with too. I guess there is conflicts everywhere with it. A bit like Steam when it first came out. If I come accross something for this I'll be sure to send it your way.

Oh, I know I need 2 or more gb of Ram...But in this dire time (i.e. waiting) I doubt 2gb will remedy random CTD/lockup crashes that shut my monitor off.

I was thinking of getting Windows 7rc Ultimate, but why do I need to change everything to remedy it? I should be able to run this on Normal Settings without hassle.

I'm not sure what the issue is but i've started getting it with street fighter 4 on windows 7 (arma 2 works fine)

I unplugged my xbox controller from the pc and forced it into 60 refresh rate and it works now, don't know if that'll help at all.

Guest Ti0n3r

Yepp ram got nothing to do with it as far as I can tell. I've been running Arma2 with 1gb ram since I got it. Not one single crash so far

Yeah, we'll see what happens, I am going to run some tests. :|

Yeah, we'll see what happens, I am going to run some tests. :|

You could test the memory. Disable temporarily any AntiVirus or Internet Security program.

Just ideas....

I am getting some odd crashing still, have a huge rpt file to mark it up with.