Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

>I played that CTF and situation with flags was normal,

The way the bug works is that if the player who has the flag is NOT using the beta, their body will disappear immediately and the flag will be returned to the flagpole. When you played that other mission, the player with the flag was probably using a beta version.

Honestly, it is nothing to do with the scripts or the mission - it just depends on whether the players you are playing with are using a new beta version.

I was wondering is there any way to make High command work with your CTF program?

That's a very good question and to be honest I have never tried it. One thing you would definitely need to modify is that there is an option (under 'assistance' IIRC) that, by default' disables the use of the space bar for commands so you'll need to turn that back on. Other than that, I'm not quite sure what's involved in getting 'high command' to work - maybe you just need to add the appropriate module in the editor ? Other that that, all the objective control etc should work.

If you want to give it a go let me know how you get on and I'll try to help. Unfortunatley I can't promise to help too much atm since I'm laid up in bed with back problems so can't actually get to my gaming PC :-(

That's a very good question and to be honest I have never tried it. One thing you would definitely need to modify is that there is an option (under 'assistance' IIRC) that, by default' disables the use of the space bar for commands so you'll need to turn that back on. Other than that, I'm not quite sure what's involved in getting 'high command' to work - maybe you just need to add the appropriate module in the editor ? Other that that, all the objective control etc should work.

If you want to give it a go let me know how you get on and I'll try to help. Unfortunatley I can't promise to help too much atm since I'm laid up in bed with back problems so can't actually get to my gaming PC :-(

I think its this:

//Spawns task to blank screen if space bar is pressed - do this after intro sequence
//[] spawn compile PP "ctf\disableCommandMode.sqf";

Wow Sorry to hear about your back. I hope you get to feeling beter.

comfirmed that was it!

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks :-) You shouldn't actually need to modify the scripts. Just change this setting so that it says 'no' and the space-bar should be functional again..

cmdmode.GIF

LOL yeh I forgot about that thing till later. Ive been editing these things bits and pieces sense OFP. I forget about the nice easier editors. lol Thanks sbsmac! :)

That beeing said maybe you can add another option to enable CommandMode and keep the rest of the spacebar disabled. But if im the only guy that likes commandmode then I wouldnt bother.

Edited by Mikey74

Hey sbsmac, finally got around to use this cool tool, you mentioned capture zones are affected by both human and AI players and it will work equally well in SP as MP.

For AI to work do i need to place way points manually to the objectives? im guessing its probably the case but just checking.

Yes, the AI really have no concept of the game objectives (and I haven't added any scripts to try to make then so). Therefore if you want them to try and sieze or hold an objective you'll need to set them waypoints as you would do with a standard co-op. :)

Mac - Not sure where my issues it, but I am having trouble getting vehicles to respawn and not able to see the no entry signs to prevent spawn killing. I am testing this on a server, but with just me in the mission and no others - the timer doesn't start. Not sure if the player threshold has anything to do with it or not, but wanted to see what your thoughts were on this.

I can send you the files if you like, but I have a feeling you may know what it is. Cheers...

Hey sbsMac,

I was wondering if you could release your 'Quick grenade selection' feature as a small addon. I'd like to use it on Single player campain. That would be a huge plus for me.

Is it doable?

P.S: Are you still working on the "progressive respawn" or is the paradrop workaround the final thing? (i'm still working on my Pvp Domination you know :) )

Edited by RoME

Wow -it's been a while since anybody posted here ;)

I was wondering if you could release your 'Quick grenade selection' feature as a small addon

This is one of the few features that _is_ quite straightforward to take from the rest of the code. If you look in ctf/disableCommandMode.sqf you can pretty much copy and paste the entire file without modification. Just get rid of the #include, the VAR_DEFAULT, and remove any references to CM_Bindings and you should be fine. If you have any problems, let me know but it should be pretty straightforward.

P.S: Are you still working on the "progressive respawn"

To be honest I've done virtually no work on the script pack over the last few months. Squint was my main focus and I get the impression that there is very little PvP happening now so it's hard to justify the effort. Who knows though, perhaps things will pick up and I'll put some more time into it ;-)

This is one of the few features that _is_ quite straightforward to take from the rest of the code. If you look in ctf/disableCommandMode.sqf you can pretty much copy and paste the entire file without modification. Just get rid of the #include, the VAR_DEFAULT, and remove any references to CM_Bindings and you should be fine. If you have any problems, let me know but it should be pretty straightforward.

hm. I'm embarrassed to say that i did not understood a thing :rolleyes: .

Lol- ok, try pasting the following into a file called quickgrenade.sqf.

if (isNull player) exitwith {} ;

Salutebindings = [];

updateKeyBindings =
{
   while {true} do {
       Salutebindings = actionKeys "Salute";
       sleep 2;
   };
};

grenadeModeTimer=0 ;
fireButtonDown=false;
grenadeSelectState ="idle";
grenadeKeyDown=false;

safeSelectWeapon={
   private ["_w","_muz"] ;
   _w=_this select 1;
   _muz =  getArray(configFile>>"CfgWeapons">>_w>>"muzzles");
   if (0!=count _muz) then {
       if ("this" != (_muz select 0)) then {
           _w = _muz select 0 ;
       };
   };
   (_this select 0)  selectWeapon _w ;
} ;

grenadeSelect={
   private ["_muz"];
   //to get here, the user must have pressed the salute button
   grenadeModeTimer = time ;
   //assume the player wanted a hand-grenade by default
   player selectweapon "handgrenademuzzle" ;
   waituntil {
       (time -grenadeModeTimer > 0.5) ||
       !grenadeKeyDown } ;
       if (grenadeKeyDown) then {
           //this was a long press so switch to grenade-launcher if appropriate
           _muz =  getArray(configFile>>"CfgWeapons">>(primaryWeapon player)>>"muzzles");
           if (1 < (count _muz)) then {
               player selectweapon (_muz select 1);
           } ; 
       } else {
           //this was a short press so check for another one 
           grenadeModeTimer = time ;
           waituntil {
               (time -grenadeModeTimer > 0.5) ||
               grenadeKeyDown } ;
               if (grenadeKeyDown) then {
                   //we got a second press
                   player selectWeapon "SmokeShellMuzzle" ;
               } else {
                   //looks like this was a single press after all
               };
           } ;
           sleep 2;
           while {fireButtonDown} do {sleep 0.5;} ;
           [player,primaryWeapon player] call safeSelectWeapon;
           grenadeSelectState="idle";
       } ;

dokeyDown={
           private ["_r"] ;
           _r = false ; 

if ((_this select 1) in Salutebindings) then {
               grenadekeydown=true ;
               if (grenadeSelectState == "idle") then {
                   grenadeSelectState = "running" ;
                   [] spawn grenadeSelect;
               } ;
               _r=true;
           };
           _r;
       } ;

dokeyUp={
           private ["_r"] ;
           _r = false ;
           if ((_this select 1) in Salutebindings) then {
               grenadeKeyDown=false;
               _r = true;
           };
           _r ;
       } ;

//
       //I don't know why a delay is necessary :-(
           sleep 5;
           (FindDisplay 46) DisplaySetEventHandler [
               "keydown",
               "_this call dokeyDown"
           ];
           (FindDisplay 46) DisplaySetEventHandler [
               "keyup",
               "_this call dokeyUp"
           ];
           (FindDisplay 46) DisplaySetEventHandler ["mousebuttondown","fireButtonDown=true;"] ;
           (FindDisplay 46) DisplaySetEventHandler ["mousebuttonup","fireButtonDown=false;"] ;

[] call updateKeyBindings ;

Then write

[] spawn { call compile preprocessfile "quickgrenade.sqf";} ; 

in your init.sqf. I haven't tested this as a standalone file but squint says I haven't introduced any syntax errors at least !

Thank you Mac. I'll try that when i get home.

Is there a way to make it like a .pbo addon?

Is there a way to make it like a .pbo addon?

Possibly although even if it were an addon you would still need to place a custom logic/object in your mission to enable the script for that mission - is that what you had in mind ?

Ah. Not exactly.

I was thinking that i could use it as a clientside addon and join any server ^^.

Well, i guess i was wrong.

But then, i don't understand why this script isn't added to every mission. Domination, Evo, PvP missions etc... It would be a must-have to me.

Ah - I understand now. It's probably possible to do what you are suggesting but I don't know how ! If I figure out a way I will let you know.

That would be a brilliant addon MAc. There is a lot of threads in the forum requesting something like that.

I really hope you'll find time to do it!

Thank you Mac. A lot.

:)

Hello,

I just installed the PVPmissionWizard and .net4, I keep getting this error when trying to save a mission.

11-26-20109-40-11PM.png

Any suggestions?

Edited by HunterTX

Hunter, there should be a "Details" button on the bottom left of that error dialog. Could you click it then post the contents here? Thanks.

Here ya go...

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at PVPMissionWizard.missionBrowser.newMissionPath()

at PVPMissionWizard.saveAs..ctor()

at PVPMissionWizard.newProject.finish_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

PVPMissionWizard

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/patrik/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/J1N8ZXZR.Q24/GWT4QMOX.8H8/pvpm..tion_fa65b9d1ef833db2_0001.0000_b385dbb10006748b/PVPMissionWizard.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Web

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.206 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Trying to uninstall...

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.1

System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

clr.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

IDENTITIES

Deployment Identity : PVPMissionWizard.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fa65b9d1ef833db2, processorArchitecture=msil

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Error occurred during uninstall of the application. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Shortcuts could not be removed. Try again later.

+ The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\patrik\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mac's Tools\PVPMissionWizard.appref-ms' because it is being used by another process.

* Exception occurred during uninstall of application PVPMissionWizard.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fa65b9d1ef833db2, processorArchitecture=msil. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Shortcuts could not be removed. Try again later.

+ The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\patrik\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mac's Tools\PVPMissionWizard.appref-ms' because it is being used by another process.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [11/27/2010 5:34:17 PM] : Looking up information from component store.

* [11/27/2010 5:34:32 PM] : Uninstall of application PVPMissionWizard.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fa65b9d1ef833db2, processorArchitecture=msil did not succeed.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [11/27/2010 5:34:30 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (InvalidShortcut)

- Shortcuts could not be removed. Try again later.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveShortcuts(ShellExposureInformation shellExposureInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveSubscriptionShellExposure(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.UninstallSubscription(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.MaintainSubscriptionInternal(String textualSubId)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.IO.IOException

- The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\patrik\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mac's Tools\PVPMissionWizard.appref-ms' because it is being used by another process.

- Source: mscorlib

- Stack trace:

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveShortcuts(ShellExposureInformation shellExposureInformation)

* [11/27/2010 5:34:32 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (InvalidShortcut)

- Shortcuts could not be removed. Try again later.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveSubscriptionShellExposure(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.MaintainSubscriptionInternal(String textualSubId)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.IO.IOException

- The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\patrik\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mac's Tools\PVPMissionWizard.appref-ms' because it is being used by another process.

- Source: mscorlib

- Stack trace:

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

* Transaction at [11/27/2010 5:34:29 PM]

+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata

- HRESULT: 0x0

+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationUninstallDeployment

- AppId: http://www.armaleague.com/pvpmissionwizard/bin/PVPMissionWizard.application#PVPMissionWizard.application, Version=1.0.0.56, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fa65b9d1ef833db2, processorArchitecture=msil

+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata

+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)

** About the "Grenade selection from a simple key' Addon.

Anything new Mac?

how do I disable the game-over screen when all enemies are down? I created a pvp map with the script pack but when few palyers are on it and all enemies are down at the same time I get the game-over screen. I want the game to be over when all AAS flags have been captured by one side (domination win set to true).

any ideas?