Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

Just made a quick change so that the OA editor is now started in preference to the ArmA2 editor if you have both games installed.

I tried the script you gave me to detect the objectives as follows how ever it never does detect the objective . Might be something small I am doing wrong .objective_1 is the ammo dump and in text part of marker I have ammodump,flag .

am I looking for objective_1 or ammodump . I tried both but no go . it is running the script as I tested it. And I assume it needs to be ran server side

#include "ctf\lib\common.h"

RustyAmmoControl={

private[.. list all your private variableshere ...];

//wait for the list of objectives to be available (should occur 10-15 seconds into game)

_objectiveList=RECEIVE(ObjectiveList) ;

//Look for the particular one whose state you want to monitor...

{

if (VAR(_x,objName) =="THE NAME YOU'VE GIVEN TO THE AMMO DUMP") then {

_theAmmoDump=_x ;

};

} foreach _objectiveList ;

//now monitor it until the game stops...

while {gameState=="playing"} do {

_objectiveOwner = VAR(_theAmmoDump,owner);

switch (_objectiveOwner) do {

case "east": {

//do something

} ;

case "west": {

//do something else

} ;

case "neutral": {

//do something even elsier !

} ;

};

sleep 1 ; //check again in another second

} ;

} ;

[] spawn {sleep 10;call RustyAmmoControl;} ;

Just to be clear, you have replaced

""THE NAME YOU'VE GIVEN TO THE AMMO DUMP"" with "ammodump" ? And filled in the private variable array ?

Can you post the exact edited script you have used? Note that you will need to go to the custom tab and enable the script...

custom.jpg

Yes, you're right that this is probably best run server-side (although you can also run it client-side if you prefer).

Might be useful to put some "player sidechat" or diag_log's in to give an idea of where it is getting to. Have you looked at your rpt file for possible script errors ?

I did not put anything in

private[.. list all your private variableshere ...];

as I did not know what to put there > I put two hints one to see if the objective got triggered and one that lets me know the loop is running . I get the hint that its running through the loop .

if (VAR(_x,objName) =="ammodump") then {

_theAmmoDump=_x ;

};

switch (_objectiveOwner) do {

case "east": {

hint "just testing";//do something

} ;

} ;

case "west": {

//do something else

} ;

case "neutral": {

//do something even elsier !

} ;

};

sleep 1 ;hint "waiting"; //check again in another second

} ;

} ;

[] spawn {sleep 10;call RustyAmmoControl;} ;

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

ok fixed it , the private varible _theammodump had to be in there .

Duh I knew I was missing something simple .

thanks

:-) yeah - I had come to the same conclusion. Here's a tested and working example (assuming you have an objective called "testobj")...

#include "ctf\lib\common.h"

RustyAmmoControl={

private ["_objectiveList","_theAmmoDump","_objectiveOwner"] ;

//wait for the list of objectives to be available (should occur 10-15 seconds into game)

_objectiveList=RECEIVE(ObjectiveList) ;

//Look for the particular one whose state you want to monitor...

{

if (VAR(_x,objName) =="testobj") then {

_theAmmoDump=_x ;

};

player sidechat format ["%1: state of %2 (%3) = %4",

time,

_theAmmoDump,

VAR(_theAmmoDump,objName),

_objectiveOwner];

sleep 1 ; //check again in another second

} ;

} ;

if (not isNull player) then {

[] spawn {

sleep 10;

call RustyAmmoControl;

} ;

} ;

You may want to change the "! isNull player" to "isServer" to run this on the server (in which case obviously you won't see the sidechat's in MP mode!)

PVPMissionWizard now supports SIEGE

SIEGE is a game-mode by Tom Anger that SBS and 3 Para have been playing a lot recently. It's surprisingly gripping - one team needs to infiltrate an objective while the other attempts to defend it. Players only have one life and time is limited so the stakes are high. 've added a SIEGE template as well as making some other tweaks.

More info

When I was trying to make a mission (FF) in a standalone OA install, the ammo crate (US side, marker 'ammo') wouldn't show in the preview. When I loaded same mission in CO the crate did show. Are the crates using the Arma II crates and not the OA crates (would it know which crate to use if someone using standalone to make mission).

It's no big deal, I was just messing around trying to make a few standalone AO missions. Maybe it's just me though messing something up, although I did try it a few times just to make sure.

I was wondering when someone would notice ;-) In fact if you run the AddonChecker on a freshly created mission you'll notice it identifies quite a few things that are ArmA2 only, including the ammo crates !

I plan to fix this up over the next few days - but it means editing every single template which is a bit of a pain :)

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Actually I've just realised this is harder than it seems. There is not a lot of common content between A2 and OA so, for example, it's impossible to find a soldier class you can put in your mission-file template that will work for both vanilla A2 and standalone OA :-( Still trying to think of whether there is any easy way round this without building full-blown compatibility checking into the wizard..

Mac, I tried to create a CH mission. Nothing too specific. based on map takistan.

upon saving and launching I get this error message. in the editor. it wont launch.

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.utes, CAWheeled2_TowingTractor.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

So then i thought i would try siege also.

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.utes. caweapons_ammoboxes, CAWater, cabuildings2_misc_cargo, cawater2_freegate, CAWheeled2_LAV25

Is your tool compatible with OA?

Isnt that an error where you only have the OA installed and Not combined Ops ?

I purchased Arma2 when it came out. Just recently purchased OA. They are both installed at this very moment. But Im not sure about combined ops.

hmmmm... then in that case ill leave it for mac :),

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.utes. caweapons_ammoboxes, CAWater, cabuildings2_misc_cargo, cawater2_freegate, CAWheeled2_LAV25

Is your tool compatible with OA?

Yes, it is compatible with OA but right now it generates missions that are not compatible with standalone OA. The errors you are getting refer to addons from the original ArmA2 so there's definitely something a bit messed up with your installation. (You can verify this by starting OA and seeing if the utes and chernarus islands are available in the editor.)

If you can't fix your OA installation, you could manually remove the A2 requirements from the 'addons' list in the mission.sqm file. This should get you to the point where the mission will run as long as you have not used other units or weapons from A2.

You can use the AddonChecker (see my sig) to verify that the mission is 'clean' for OA.

Heres my problem. I own both versions via steam. When I run the editor it launches the mission only through Operation arrowhead when i chose that particular map.

It seems there is a _runA2CO.cmd along this path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

that runs my combined operations.

So I guess, I just have to save the missions but NOT chose to launch. then launch Combined Operations, and go into the editor.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Mac, id like to change the camera.

My missions is going to be HUGE, and I need each spawn to have their own camera. I want to pan in, like in dominai, instead of spinning around the map. Is that possible?

On the steam installation, thanks for the info. I don't have steam myself but will look into what is required to start it up correctly (or maybe will just tell it to use the cmd file). I may ask you to run a couple of experiments....

On the spawn camera, yes, addng new kinds of intros is possible. I assume you just want a slow zoom from a random (?) position some distance away into the player ?

On the steam installation, thanks for the info. I don't have steam myself but will look into what is required to start it up correctly (or maybe will just tell it to use the cmd file). I may ask you to run a couple of experiments....

On the spawn camera, yes, addng new kinds of intros is possible. I assume you just want a slow zoom from a random (?) position some distance away into the player ?

NP. and yes.

I keep getting an error that I need to update my Microsoft Common Language Runtime Version to 4. something. I have no clue what it is talking about as I am not that advanced in computer programs. I run Windows Vista on a fairly new computer, does anyone know why I am getting this message and what I do to get around it?

Thanks sbsmac, I figured that was the answer I would get, but I was not sure if downloading the program would have any adverse effect on the computer/other programs.

No problems. Any other questions feel free to post them here :-)

I've done CTF map for OA, but if flagrunner killed flag returns to flagstate. flag doesn't stay on body.... and i don't know how fix that

This is actually a bug in OA - if you use one of the new OA betas you'll notice that this is fixed :-)

Unfortunately this is a problem that affects all games that use flags. Dead bodes disappear instantly which means that flags are immediately returned to the flagpole. The issue is reported here http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11688 and the only solution is to use a beta or wait for the next patch :-(

I played that CTF and situation with flags was normal, i tryed to fix my problem using this mission, but I am noob in scripting:p