Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

@Gloopy

>I get a "lagspike" or freeze every 2-3 seconds,

This turned out to be due to a badly behaving vehicle respawn script in version 1.4 and earlier. Even for those not using vehicles, the performance hit was quite severe. It was fixed when I rewrote the vehicle respawn for V1.6 although I wasn't aware of the earlier problem so thanks for reporting it !

!!! I strongly recommend all users to updgrade to V1.6 !!!

@dustoff

>Question will C&H work for 3 teams ? And I take it are no limits as to how many flags you can have .

Currently it's hardcoded for 2 teams (east and west) and there is no practical limit to the number of flags you can have (up to 100). Adding a third side would be interesting and I'll have a think about the implications of that.

V1.7 now released - adds AAS gamemode and anti-spacebar scanning

Cool beans .

BTW I am getting zombies again but I think it might be the ups script causing it . I can work around it by making the trucks playable .

I am only using the ups script on one mission , I made a quick and dirty mission where you have to capture and hold three flags on the airstrip in utes. As a twist in the mission there is a 10 man guerrilla force roaming the airstrip that hates both sides. And the mission is at night .

still a big work in progress but its running on the "capture and hold night missions" server as seen below in my sig . I figured the Guerrilla's will give something for people to do while they wait for enough players.

One thing that would be cool if its possible is to set up something that triggers the start of the mission and timer once the server as a certain number of players in it. It would have to let the mission play out even if the player count drops below the set number during the running of the mission.

Thanks for this tool, I am going to make a few mission that I will run n my servers, ive tried every mission outthere and none fit what I am after this will help .

Edited by dustoff

Sigh - weather is broken in V1.7 - V1.8 now out.

I seem to remember some nice maps coming from USI back in OFP days- hope you guys are back in operation :-)

V1.9 now released - see first post for details.

V1.9 now released - see first post for details.

Having lots of fun with this. :)

I know how to cut and paste, that's about it.

I see your going to have mission specific options in the near future... maybe time of day? and game length? I tried several different ways to change the smoke grenade option into time limit option and just ended up spawning 100s of grenades.

* Weapon choice dialogs are now removed and default weapon is G36.

is that really necessary?

is that weapon most used/asked for? :confused:

that thing has recoil now, unlike OFP.

what about the M16A4 Acog :D

It don't matter, I'm giving shit, I just NEVER use that weapon. I usually find better ones in the crates that suit my needs.

I will dig into that script pack soon, gotta make some free time where there is little.

The G36 sounds cool though. At least I think im thinking of the right gun.:eek:

ok so far I have failed miserably at creating a decent map. Im not doing something right. let me try this newest version, i think i have been naming the missions wrong, I see theres a new way to define gametype so ill give this a go. I think thats what ive been doing wrong.

@mosh

Yes, game length and winning conditions (max score) are definitely what I have in mind.

Time of day is actually very easily set from the editor (documentation could be updated to explain this).

@ziggy

Yes, I agree G36 is a bit rubbish now. I'll make the initial weapon configurable in the ctfconfig file but the persistent loadout feature means that even if players don't like the default weapon, they only need to visit an ammo crate once over the course of the game.

@deadsmell

If you want to send me a link to your mission and say what's going wrong, I can take a look at it. It's always possible there is a bug in the scripts since I can do only a very limited amout of testing myself.

Thanks mac, let me keep tinkering around with it. I have some extra time today, let me see if I cant figure this out on my own, if not ill send it to you.

-Ziggy-;1373317']* Weapon choice dialogs are now removed and default weapon is G36.

what about the M16A4 Acog :D

Awful dmr or ak107 weapon of choice for me.

@mosh

Yes, game length and winning conditions (max score) are definitely what I have in mind.

Time of day is actually very easily set from the editor (documentation could be updated to explain this).

I Know how to change in editor, I meant an option for time of day at the startup screen so I could pick morning, noon, evening, night, etc...

Thanks for the hard work though, still having fun with it.

V1.10 is now released. See the first page for details of what's new. Most notably, the default starting weapon is now the AK_107_pso though this is now configurable.

Note I now have a project space at dev-heaven here.

@Mosh - I'm still thinking about how best to allow for configuration of the initial dialog boxes. Weather is a possibility though.

@Mosh - I'm still thinking about how best to allow for configuration of the initial dialog boxes. Weather is a possibility though.

I don't know how many lobby options there are, but I assume you can only use 2 at a time (parma1 and param2). Maybe if you list all the available params in the description.ext and just put // in front of them and we pick what we use.

//you pick one from param1

//titleParam1 = "Time limit:";
//valuesParam1[] = {0, 300, 600, 900};
//defValueParam1 = 900;
//textsParam1[] = {"Unlimited", "5 min", "10 min", "15 min", };

//titleParam1 = "Score to win:";
//valuesParam2[] = {10000, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30};
//defValueParam2 = 5;
//textsParam2[] = {"Unlimited", 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30};

//you pick one from param2

//titleParam2 = "Time limit:";
//valuesParam2[] = {0, 300, 600, 900};
//defValueParam2 = 900;
//textsParam2[] = {"Unlimited", "5 min", "10 min", "15 min", };

//titleParam2 = "Score to win:";
//valuesParam2[] = {10000, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30};
//defValueParam2 = 5;
//textsParam2[] = {"Unlimited", 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30};

You would pick 2 different params by just removing the // from the 4 lines. I figured list all as parma1 and param2 so you could have any configuration you wanted... Those are all I thought of just for example, I'm sure there's many more ways.

I have been trying to put a time limit option in my CTF mission so many different ways and have just failed. So, I'll just leave it up to you! :j:

Also, when flying over minefield it triggers message across screen (same message you get on foot). Other than that everything else has been working fine. Maybe I can host my mission soon... it's not the standard small city block CTF. I like the whole map. It's just something a little different.

@Mosh,

I'm trying to avoid requiring people to mess around with any files other than ctfConfig but I have an idea to use variables/defines to allow for various combinations of dialog. Unfortunately you'r right that only 2 are supported.

>I have been trying to put a time limit option in my CTF mission

If you don't care about being able to select this from the lobby, just change the CTF_gamelength variable to a different value.

>Also, when flying over minefield it triggers message across screen

Yes, this is a problem/feature of minefields and borders! ;-) Aircraft are not handled very gracefully right now. My feeling is that they shoudl be able to overfly minefields and spawn zones but should be brought down by AA if they wander across borders. But ideas welcome.

>Other than that everything else has been working fine

That's actually very useful feedback - the absence of serious bugs is comforting ! :-)

>Maybe I can host my mission soon

I'd like to build a list of missions that use the script pack on the project wiki page so feel free to add this when you are up and running.

This looks like a great package! I've been looking for a spawn protection system to put into a PvP mission I'm working on.

How would I go about only using that script into my own mission without getting everything else in there?

It's doable but tricky since there are lots of depenencies between the script files. The long term goal is to allow different bits of functionality to be taken on their own but unless you are familiar with scripting it's pretty much all or nothing at the moment I'm afraid. Coming at it from the other direction, is there stuff you want to do that the package doesn't support ?

very nice pack.

one request. could you add AAS where it's taking a building, holding a piece of ground or destroying an objective that replaces taking a flag? for the opposing team it is reclaiming that ground or repairing the objective (using engineer or repair trucks).

k, i think i got everything working right, one thing im experiencing now is my g36 starting weapon wont function, i cant scope or fire with it. i have to switch weapons in order to get function back. Ill try ver1.10 and see if it still occurs. Am i not supposed to be assigned as a rifleman before adding the script pack? Thanks.

EDIT: More questions?........

How can I make it so AI non-controllable groups respawn and reengage their waypoint after being killed?

(this ones real stupid on my part) Is there a list or something that describes in detail what all the objects/ammo crates/everything does/contains? (im not happy with the ammo crates im choosing or something).

What do modules do? and why dont they ever seem to do anything?

how do i enable gps, and nametags?

i want to create a group of machine gunners? (i remember this being easy in OFP)

how do i create more than one unit at a time without using groups, and not using copy/ paste? Seems like somethings wrong with my options here. Didnt you used get to set a number for the amount of units you wanted to place?

ok well that will answer some of my questions. :)

ok thats just the tip of the iceberg for now.

Edited by deadsmell

@twisted

Taking/holding a building piece of ground should be straightforward to add. Destroying/repairing an object is an interesting challenge and requires to me rework the AAS framework a little but I have some ideas so watch this space... :-)

@deadsmell (Phew, long list of questions!)

For some reason, you need to use 'f' to change firing mode before using your weapon. This seems to be a bug/feature of the addWeapon script command and you will see this behavioiur in lots of mps. If anyone knows of a workaround, I'd love to hear about it.

AI groups. The pack was originally intended only to support human players but I'll have a think about building in simple AI support and persistent waypoints.

Ammo crates - do you mean the stock arma ones or the auto-generated ones in the script pack ?

Modules - I think this is an editor question really. The Biki has some details.

GPS and nametags. IIRC this is down the difficulty setting on the server - don't think it is down to map setttings but happy to be informed otherwise.

Creating groups and units easily - more of an editor question. I don't think you can do it witthout cut and paste but if you find a way please let us know !

@twisted

Taking/holding a building piece of ground should be straightforward to add. Destroying/repairing an object is an interesting challenge and requires to me rework the AAS framework a little but I have some ideas so watch this space... :-)

Watching it very intently mate. such a useful pack this.