Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

How to have more than 8 players?

Hi. When I try starting a LAN or internet server, I only ever get 8 slots to fill with players or AI. How do I change this? It really gets on my nerves. :mad_o:

It doesn't say. But like i said, I never get more than 8, even in Warfare. :confused:

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Urgh. I've just tried again. This is what I do:

* I click "Multiplayer", and choose "New".

* It asks me to select max players. I set it to "32".

* I choose a mission. For example "05 - Superpowers".

* I only get 8 slots. Fuck-a-doodle-doo. :mad_o:

No, just 8. How do you people do it when you set up a Warfare match and choose more than 8 slots?

No, just 8. How do you people do it when you set up a Warfare match and choose more than 8 slots?

You mentioned Superpowers so I tried that, as well as a Domination mission and I did not have these issues. On the Superpowers one, when it loads it shows 8 slots in my team but on the left it shows 8 slots for bluefor and 8 slots for opfor so that would be 16 available slots, it will only show you the available slots for whichever side you picked to play. Could you possibly be misinterpreting what you are seeing in this case? I got the full 32 slots when I loaded the Domination mission.

Anyway, hope this helps to clarify your issue.

Superpowers has a default max of 16 players (8 per side). There is no way to change this without editing the mission in the editor and adding more player slots. This is not too hard in that you only need to change one or two places in the script(s). It can be challenging for those who have yet to crack open the missions and look "under the hood". I suspect that a few community developers are working on adding more slots to some of the default missions and will be releasing them in the coming days/weeks... you can also search the Editing based forums/Biki where I remember seeing a step by step on how to add more player slots to the Warfare/Superpowers missions.

One of the HOWTOs comes from ArmA 1, but the changes are the same. You are only limited by the host CPU and bandwidth on the number of player slots supported by the engine.

L8r,

eem

Edited by EEM

Hello again. Thanks for the replies.

So; based on what EEM said, I gather that the reason I couldn't add more slots in the Warfare match I was trying to set up, was that the mission I was using as a template, ("Superpowers"), only had 16 slots in it, and the only way to increase it would be to somehow edit the mission manually, via text -files and stuff. That's all well and good.

So my question is, then: When I enter the multiplayer server list, I see page up and page down with people hosting Warfare matches with way more player slots than the wildly pathetic 16 slots I get from "Superpowers". How on earth did they do it, then?! Did they all choose the "Superpowers" -mission and manually started coding away, changing values and whatnot, or is there some other way to create your own Warfare matches that they are using?

I can't seem to wrap my head around this. Please enlighten me if you can. Thanks for all the help so far.

Hi St!gar

Contact the mission author. They probably put their contact details in the zip file you down loaded or look in the place where you downloaded the mission from.

It may also be listed in the mission.

You need to depbo the mission and have look at the scripte files. You can maybe just simply load the depboed missions in to the ArmA II Editor and add the additioonal playable slots.

I would suggest you re-ask your question in the ArmA Mission Editing and Scripting section:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Kind Regards walker