Sign in to follow this  
Merefield

For those with powerful machines still unable to play ArmA II

Umm as far as I know Arma 2 does not utilize DirectX 10....

And no.. eye candy wise it's exatly the same in Win7 as XP

Switching to winxp just for this game is unacceptable ! I have like 30 games installed on my pc and they all run fine on vista 64. Hell even the good old IL2 performance really well. There is no excuse for not making this game run on a 64bit operating system since software makers knew already years ago this would be where the whole computerindustry was going.

Now for the love of god BIS give me a ARMA264bit.exe file !

Switching to winxp just for this game is unacceptable ! I have like 30 games installed on my pc and they all run fine on vista 64. Hell even the good old IL2 performance really well. There is no excuse for not making this game run on a 64bit operating system since software makers knew already years ago this would be where the whole computerindustry was going.

Now for the love of god BIS give me a ARMA264bit.exe file !

To be fair its probably a display driver issue. Wait until Nvidia and ATI have optimised their drivers for this game.

It runs on 64 bit XP very well (see above).

The simplest and most current solution is to replay/play ArmA 1!! :)

With my Core i7/GTX295/Win7RC/6Gig rig i get horrible unplayable stuttery performance with ArmA II....

...30 FPS would be fine if it were consistent, but YUK, its not! ...

...even the opening menu aircraft carrier automated fly-past is JUDDERVISION! ....

...But on ArmA 1 (Version 1.16 Beta) i can max everything out and its super smooth, with incredible view distance and terrain complexity, and no balance issue with AI seeing through eye-candy-ridiculous long grass which i can't do!

OK, its not the perfect solution, but will tie you over.

It was a pleasure to return to the smoothness of Arma 1 in fact.

Enjoy

PS BIS, please let us know when we can return to ArmA II, thanks!

Turn off Anti-Aliasing... and you will be ok.

No one buy GTX295 video card to Turn off Anti-Aliasing in game settings

It's ridiculous

I'm lucky to get 10fps in some missions, all very high 1920x AA on low

8 Gigs of DDR2 1066

Q9550 @ 3.4 GHZ stable

GTX295

Raptor

LOL common now.

Why are you not trying to tune down the graphics until it will get playable? Just do a bit of tweaking. You making it too easy by saying - hey look here I have the best of the best, now come on game run like I want you to run! I have a good performance and my system is not anywhere near yours.

Why are you not trying to tune down the graphics until it will get playable? Just do a bit of tweaking. You making it too easy by saying - hey look here I have the best of the best, now come on game run like I want you to run! I have a good performance and my system is not anywhere near yours.

I have tried loads of tweaking and nothing works, all I get is a crappy 16 -25 FPS.

I have tried loads of tweaking and nothing works, all I get is a crappy 16 -25 FPS.

I have the exact same rig as you. And at first I was having the same fps. But go and have a look at the sticky thread for nVidia card owners. Someone posted a nice config at one of the last pages that may help a lot (it did for me).

Disable multi-gpu in your control panel (makes the game more smooth as sli is not yet fully optimised). Make sure you force Vsync of in your control panel: the game has automatic Vsync built in and caps the framerate to 30 fps in the campaign and scenarios.

Just don't expect to be able to run this game on max settings, as it is virtualy impossible at the current state the game is in. Also expect frame drops from time to time, especially with a lot of AI units and in city environments. There is no magical solution for now. We can only hope that patches will improve performance and that new drivers from nVidia respond accordingly so we can use sli to the fullest.

GTX295 is made from two cores or one? if two, its drivers doesnt support ARMA2 correctly. Also, trying to play ARMA2 on Win7 is just joke. Unfinished beta system that lacks optimization with so difficult game as ARMA2 is. What can I say? Owner dumbness.

change drivers + OS

GTX295 is made from two cores or one? if two, its drivers doesnt support ARMA2 correctly. Also, trying to play ARMA2 on Win7 is just joke. Unfinished beta system that lacks optimization with so difficult game as ARMA2 is. What can I say? Owner dumbness.

change drivers + OS

GTX295 is made from two cores.

No one buy GTX295 video card to Turn off Anti-Aliasing in game settings

It's ridiculous

Turn off AA, and raise "3d resolution" to 133% or 150%. The increased 3dres more than makes up for the lack of AA, frame rates improve and things are less prone to crashing. This is my experience, yours may vary of course.

Tweaking doesn't help at all, my fps raised from 30 to 35 when switching from medium/high -> very low

apologies to whoever originally pointed out this file on armaholic:

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4842-game-booster.html

but i really have to say it worked wonders for me. Made a real difference! Give it a go. I can honestly say it is safe hasn't damadged my computer at all :) give it a try and good luck!

It's good that you got some benefit from this but i'd have thought it would only really help if you were borderline on spec and had lots and lots of services and applications loaded up in the background, eating RAM.

Just don't trust these applications that claim to 'speed up' your PC. My experience is that it's just smoke and mirrors.