Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Manhatten Walkthrough (Spoilers Obviously)

With Sova, when you find him hanged Cooper has a confrontation with the officers, but then nothing happens and you cant cut him down. I suspect these people killed him - but is this a bug?

No, that's a part of the story line. The doctor and his patient is hanged as a part of a "lynching" wave by the Chedakis.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

I knew it, LAV-25 is boomerang right ? but it is destroyed shortly after met with T-72 in enemy main base :butbut: There are 2 T-72 in the base.

I had destroyed one T-72 but I couldn't destroy another one, if only the artillery appear (callsign "mike") it would be easy to overrun the enemy main base:cool:

When I played this mission, I used the LAV-25 in the base. Boomerang came with one on their own. Not the same.

I also had to restart the mission to get arty. But that took care of most of the business.

It is also possible to knock out a t-72 with the LAV-25's cannon, but you need to do it at a very long distance, and hit the turret repeatedly. You must also use the terrain so that only the upper half of the T-72's turret is visible.

No, that's a part of the story line. The doctor and his patient is hanged as a part of a "lynching" wave by the Chedakis.

I think that what he means is that if you find Dr. Sova's body and talk to the guards, you can choose the 'Cut him down now" dialogue but it doesn't change anything in the campaign and you can't actually cut Sova down anyway even after you've killed the guards. I too wondered if there's a bug somewhere and if that was meant to become part of the storyline.

Or does it become part of the 'evidence' objective? I don't remember..

Who is the "Woodsman friend Maksim", that get hung in Gorka, when you go there its similar to the Sova bit with UAZ and gaurds etc, but Copper asks where his kid is, with no reply.

I think that what he means is that if you find Dr. Sova's body and talk to the guards, you can choose the 'Cut him down now" dialogue but it doesn't change anything in the campaign and you can't actually cut Sova down anyway even after you've killed the guards. I too wondered if there's a bug somewhere and if that was meant to become part of the storyline.

Or does it become part of the 'evidence' objective? I don't remember..

Maybe it was meant to be a part of the storyline, that I don't know. I believe that the bodies (the doctor and the woman) are there just for immersion purposes, to make the player engaged in what happens.

Hi

i've read all posts and try to follow the walkthrough.

Just a question: how to fire with UAV. I try space (switch to hellfires???), tab and nothing happens (is this for lock?). What are the effective commands to fire with UAV?

Tnx

Edited by Boboz

i completed this mission....or so i'm sure i did?

do you get to bug out at the end or are you still sent for the last couple of notes with a parcel after?

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Hi

Just a question: how to fire with UAV. I try space (switch to hellfires???), tab and nothing happens (is this for lock?). What are the effective commands to fire with UAV?

Tnx

:j:

ALT+F4 everyone knows that!

Hi

Tnx

Press space to change to hellfire missiles and press tab to lock onto it. You can only fire if the target is directly in front of you. Probably left click but don't know for sure never used it to much good effect, I suggest not using it its more hassle than its worth.

So this is quite a frustrating game, but my love-hate relationship will have to last a bit longer. At least if I can get past Mahattan as so many others have tried.

I actually eventually completed ALL tasks, but I'm still not gettin' a new mission. After I take out the main Chedaki base I'm just greated back at the Manhattan base and left with nothing to do.

Any suggestions? I'm currentling driving all over the map looking at the scenery.

Edited by Tjoppy

hell.. after few months, I returned to the main campaign.. previously I had no problem with Manhattan and did it on 1st try (even without support..), but now it's different:

- I can't find the Nikitin. Where should he go from base N or Gvozdno? The only place where could be the 6th base, as I wasn't able to find him near enemy main base, or there is another place he goes to?

- where's second piece of evidence? I mean.. there should be documents guarded by some five villagers inside the house in Upper Dubrovka if I remembered it well, but I got no message about anything mentioning any documents..

hell.. after few months, I returned to the main campaign.. previously I had no problem with Manhattan and did it on 1st try (even without support..), but now it's different:

- I can't find the Nikitin. Where should he go from base N or Gvozdno? The only place where could be the 6th base, as I wasn't able to find him near enemy main base, or there is another place he goes to?

- where's second piece of evidence? I mean.. there should be documents guarded by some five villagers inside the house in Upper Dubrovka if I remembered it well, but I got no message about anything mentioning any documents..

Have you captured the gun-runners?

One of them will have some info on him about the house with the documents.

I also think that Nikitin sometimes can be found together with the gun-smugglers.

Saving Valentina

If you are quick you can save her, but not Dr Sova. I spoke to Valentina just after I left the FOB at the start, she gave me info. I drove through Krastonovav and spoke to the good doctor. Then I captured Lagushina, and took her straight to the LZ. As I approached, Valentina tried to drive past, it seems she drives through Krastonovav then through to Gvozdao. I had played this earlier and knew her fate, so I shot out her tyres. She gets out of the car and just starts running in a straight line, I cannot stop her. Anyway I evac Lagushina, so I go back to see the Doctor and he is already hanging. 30 seconds later I get the message that the Doctor is dead, but where it previously stated that Valentina took a bullet to the head, it said nothing. So she lives, somewhere in the world. I will update with if she appears later in the campaign.

Capture Nikolayev

I didn't even attempt this, as in my briefing I was told that he is out and about from 0600 - 0800 so completely assumed I would have to wait till that time to intercept him. After completing all of the other objectives, I'm told to return to base, so I follow orders. Game ends and I dont even get the chance to go after the guy. Does not capturing him or even triggering the bomb affect the game?

Enemy Base

Machine gun nests no problem due to the way they are facing. Tank crew are outside of their T-72 so easy to pick off. The only problem is the godly BMP who target fires my men who are prone from 500 metres away. Annoying but passable.

Gun Runners and Insurgency Leader

I intercepted the gun smuggler near the enemy base, as Valentina said they would be driving near there. I killed 2 men and the smuggler from a distance. As I got closer I noticed one man rolling around, it was Nikitin. So I try to be merciful and heal him, it seems you have no choice but to execute him and take the documents. I thought it was great how Nikitin was meeting with the smuggler to aquire more weapons, it definitely added more depth to the level.

It is extremely annoying not being able to load previous saves after a mission is complete. I had to avoid this in Razor 2 by relocating my save files for the duration, because I knew at the end when I was to confront Bardak that he might be killed, and that would end the mission immediately. I stopped his car and ran up to him and the CAR EXPLODED. Luckily he was only completely covered in blood, still alive.

Edit: Following Valentina

I replayed the mission and followed her. She arrives at the sentry point outside of the FOB at around 1045 hrs, not long after you get told about the bombing in Moscow. She then drives through Krastonovav, ploughing through everything in her path. She proceeds to Gorka, straight through. She refuels at a petrol station at 1105. By 1106 she has completed a full circle and is back where you first meet her, outside the FOB sentry. She keeps doing laps. This raises a question: if she never disembarks, how does the lynching in the area affect her? It is presumed that she is pulled over and shot (a trigger is in place to kill her in her vehicle) I say this because after I disabled her car the first time and she got out and ran (straight to Gorka, her next waypoint) she wasn't killed. In conclusion, either she is meant to die, or you are able to save her by forcing her to run. I think that's unlikely, but it's all I've figured out.

Another point to note is that at around 1103 when she passes through Gorka, the yellow truck there starts driving somewhere. I didn't follow it, but that seemed odd.

Edited by Starforce21

Have you captured the gun-runners?

One of them will have some info on him about the house with the documents.

I also think that Nikitin sometimes can be found together with the gun-smugglers.

I've found smugglers with Coyota in Grishino earlier and killed, and now also Nikitin with documents for intel, but I got no message about any gun-runners.. where should I get it?

I've found smugglers with Coyota in Grishino earlier and killed, and now also Nikitin with documents for intel, but I got no message about any gun-runners.. where should I get it?

the gun-runners is the same guys as the smugglers.

the gun-runners is the same guys as the smugglers.

thanx for help. i guess i know why it didn't worked before for me (i had to replay the whole part with smugglers), now i found them without any problems.

any reason why I have the objective "find sentry outposts" (or similar) is already completed when I start the mission at the manhattan base?

Did anyone else have 4 M1a2 TUSK tanks appear during the mission? I had the Enemy base up by the dam and as I was moving up the overlooking forested mountain , from east this group of tanks starts storming down the mountain and over the dam! They wiped out all but maybe 2 or 3 men in the base , I was really confused because every other time Id just been assisted by another APC.

Is it mandatory to take out sentry posts?

I've destroyed the main base and got documents from Nikitin's body as well as finished all other tasks but smuggler and 1/3 of evidence

Want to join my experiences with random madness and bugs in this mission?

Got to the sentry post of Manhattan and having a chat with the guard. All of a sudden, lots of Chedakis attack from the forest up hill on the other side. The Osprey - as a result - circles the scene and does not stop for about half an hour. After killing the attackers, I went to Manhattan Base.

Got all objectives, strange enough: sentry post objective is listed as completed. I didn't do anything - I promise!

Using the UAV terminal proved to be useless - message: "UAV destroyed" without any screen or means of controlling that thing. so far so good...

Went directly down the hill to khelm. Followed the hints to get my team around the village in different positions to intercept attackers or prevent the guy from fleeing. All of my men are in position and as I approach the town, the bomb goes off (as lots of players also told here), but no fleeing saboteur anywhere! Seems like this mission part is not to be solved in any other way?

Finally called Starforce for a pickup to the to Olsha airfield to check for bases. Huge battle happens, but friendly Hind Helo just flys around without offering fire assistance. As I slowly get overwhelmed by lots (!) of opponents all around the field (seems like all bases around sent their guys to welcome my team) I desperately call for an arty strike. guess what? nothing happens - and starforce isn't available anymore, too.

Finally got them defeated with lots of time and saves.

So I made my way by foot in direction of the mark just west of Olsha - just to check what's about with these marks in the red areas. Surprise: stumbled upon Lagoshina in the barn at the woods. Had to make all the way back to LZ Jersey.

On the way got a radio saying that the doctor and the other girl got killed.

Above the LZ, a camo net and some tents with one sentry only. Killed that man, got to the LZ, a message comes up that a helo is on the way - no UAZ as mentioned elsewhere. The Hind doesn't land, but the girl makes in on board nevertheless (teleporting device? bionic super jump abilities?).

By chance, I noticed that Starforce is available once more. Called for extraction - but something is messed up. The means to point the Venom to a LZ is somehow sluggish and the pilot always decides to land miles away from my selected LZ. As I make my way to the helicopter I get a message that the gun runners have been taken out by friendlies. Good thing - seems I don't have to bother with one less bug-ridden objetive.

Selecting waypoint and LZ to gorka: CTD with Out of Memory. Reloading Arma2 and savepoint. Guess what: a radio telling me that an "APC is dangerously close". You could say that! A BMP just rips apart the Venom. That thing wasn't there last time I played!

Reloading: no BMP. ok... made my way to Gorka. Disembarked. Suddenly "3" gets wounded and tosses to the ground moaning. Unfortunately he refused to accept medical assistance - selecting first aid does nothing. Reloading: this time and all other reloading "3" is already lying on the ground, what's more: I can't move anymore, not even looking in a different direction. This happens always when I disembark the "reborn" Starforce 21 but never happens when I walk to the town. WTF?

Stopped playing by now. Will try to get the rest of the mission completed anytime soon. As long as Arma2 won't stop me from doing this...

Did anyone else have 4 M1a2 TUSK tanks appear during the mission? I had the Enemy base up by the dam and as I was moving up the overlooking forested mountain , from east this group of tanks starts storming down the mountain and over the dam! They wiped out all but maybe 2 or 3 men in the base , I was really confused because every other time Id just been assisted by another APC.

It could be the whole Module thing that just randomly puts in friendlies and enemies. Maybe you got incredibly lucky.

Is it mandatory to take out sentry posts?

I've destroyed the main base and got documents from Nikitin's body as well as finished all other tasks but smuggler and 1/3 of evidence

I don't think so.

Well I got RTB order only after I cleared all of the sentry posts. Looks like this mission requires you to complete the set number of tasks not just what seems to be two primary.

You need to destroy at least 4 sentry posts (out of 6).

guys thank you for your great stories about your weird adventures in manhattan mission, I am so amused :-D

As for me I am still in this mission, because I had a pause in playing Arma before I tune my pc a bit to be faster. Now I am trying to finish it finally and guess what - After meeting Lagushina, there is no chopper coming for her, so I will have to kill her it seems - is that enough to complete the task?

For the mission to be even harder I cannot enter the smuggler's house. O killed a couple of villagers around it, but there is no option to open the door or anything, so I am stuck with this task as well. Great :-\