Im changing the domination mission too suit the wants of a small group.

I added the LHD off the coast with some aircraft on it and added a group of marine pilots who spawn there at start of mission, my question is how do I get them too spawn back on the LHD after they die?

you need to setup respawn in description.ext.

There are many different respawn types, although I cannot find them in the comref, which is a real shame.

What you're looking for is something like this in your description.ext:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 10; // respawn delay in seconds

In addition to this code, you have to make a marker called respawn_West if you're respawning west troops, respawn_East, if you're doing OPFOR, respawn_Resistance if you're doing the independent faction. (This is how it was for OFP).

You might have to change the position of the marker so they don't spawn under the carrier. setMarkerPos? Although I'm pretty sure setting marker position is 2d only, so you might have to spawn them in the middle of the ocean and have a trigger where on activation unit setPos on the carrier deck.

I still have to refer back to the old FAQ thread back in the OFP editing forum because doing these things are not well documented anywhere, so don't feel bad for asking what you might presume to be "dumb questions" because there are no dumb questions.

Oh, about that description.ext, you have to go to C:\My Documents\Other Profiles\ ... find out where the mission folder is and create this description.ext. Edit it with notepad or your favorite text editor.

that helps a little but that script already exists as this is the "domination" MP mission im altering and need too have the marine pilot group respawn at the LHD while the normal groups IE: alpha, delta etc...still spawn and the airbase..........

It's not a script, it is a fundamental part of the game.

Anyway, you can compare groups. Look at logic, grp1 == grp2

grp1 == grp2

Operand types:

grp1: Group

grp2: Group

Type of returned value:

Boolean

Description:

Checks whether two groups are the same. If either of them is grpNull, false is returned.

Example:

group player == group soldierOne

also unitArray join group.

You could see if they're in the same group as #1 but what if 1 is dead? Does his group status still remain or does he die? Does he ever leave the group? I don't know, I don't have much experience working with groups.

So ultimately what you have to do is create a spawn somewhere (like the middle of nowhere) with triggers. Condition or if logic would be: if this group unit == group unitOne, setPos (getpos leader)

Actually, it would be easier to use opposite logic since you have one group that has to spawn somewhere and three others that don't. If you can disprove that they are NOT the group to spawn on the carrier, you can assume they spawn on the airfield. As an aside, this type of logic has a name, I forget what it's called. Anyone help me out, here?