Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant Poop

What's your favorite SNIPER/MARKSMAN rifle, and why?

Let's see......these are not the technical names, obviously, but there's the....

.50 cal

9.? mm hunting-type rifle

M24

M4sumthin-er-other

DMR

SVD

and then the one that looks kinda like an M16 but with a shorter mag and a really long scope.

I think that's all of them.

SPR (Special Purpose Rifle) is the one you seek.

Let's see......these are not the technical names, obviously, but there's the....

.50 cal

9.? mm hunting-type rifle

M24

M4sumthin-er-other

DMR

SVD

and then the one that looks kinda like an M16 but with a shorter mag and a really long scope.

I think that's all of them.

.50 cal = M82/M107 barrett

9.? mm hunting-type rifle = CZ 550

M24

M4sumthin-er-other = M40 (I'm not sure if this is it - not mentioned on official site and now i can't recall if there is or not, but i guess it is M40A1?)

DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) = improved M14 (Designated marksman)

SVD = AKA. SVD Dragunov

M16 but with a shorter mag and a really long scope. = Mk12 SPR

:war:

My favourite is M24 and SVD both with camouflage and me in ghillie suit (it looks just great):u:

But i preffer SVD more because of more bullets in magazine and quick shoot ability.

Edited by Xindar

I love girls

You are strange! :couch:

Edited by Xindar

I think its the M40 something i dont really remember

but its the Fuzzy(one with fake grass)one lol.

Guest Ti0n3r

I prefer Dragunov. Very handy optical sight and the semi firing mode is very useful :upside:

M24 from the standard range of sniper rifles, accurate.

MLRS, you don´t have to aim that careful and hit is still guaranteed.

Ak-47/PSO is the most useful for me in the multiple situations I'm in. If I can keep away from the action it's a tossup between the SVD and the SPR.

I loved the SPR in ArmA, but in ArmA2 the model and textures seem really low-res for some reason.

SVD for long range, M24 for medium range.

Should be the other way around, the svd dragunov is more like an advanced marksman rifle (like the M14 DMR) while the M24 should be more acurate over long distances.

There are some leftovers from Arma that werent given the new treatment, the MK.12 is one of them, never really liked it anyway.

Betwean the CZ 550, M40 and M24 the CZ 550 is probably my favorite, love the model and optics :cool: .

i find the sight on the SVD is easier for the long range stuff, helps to have the 10 round semi when trying to hit moving targets over long range. i can hit long range targets with both, but the M24 sight is less forgiving.

I prefer the M1014, but only because there aren't any bayonets in ArmA 2. If you can't smell their breath, you're too far away.

Edited by SteveVCB

Actually I'd say the SPR.

Sure it won't kill in one hit unless its a headshot, but it's very versitile and unlike other sniper weapons if you get caught in a close-range situation it works very well.

Also it doesn't sound like a sniper either, which is a bonus when playing against human players. Makes it seem less like you're getting sniped (which causes the whole search party panic "HOLY SHIT THERES A SNIPER OVER THERE"), and more like just getting attacked.

I prefer the SVD. With practice i can hit targets at 1200 as easily as with an m24, its a kill shot for a much longer range than the spr, the bullet doesn't drop like an assault rifle, and its effective at close range. Although, the point about the sniper shot sound is a good one.

I am a M107 whore. It's not the subtlest of sniper rifles but sending .50 cal bullets inside someones skull from the other side of the universe always makes me feel warm inside!

SPR

VSS

M107

VSS is my favorite.