Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Endurance training

The only thing I exercise is my snake-like reflexes and sharp eyes on FPS's.

I got to go out more often... anybody have tips of lifting the computer gaming addiction/habit?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Mar. 14 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone tried that stuff, I think its called kerotine or similar.

Its a natural version of steriods but less effective.

Im thinking of buying some but dont wanna waste my money if its crap.<span id='postcolor'>

It is called "Creatine". And yes, it is not harmfull and it works quite well. I myself have never used it, because it is very expensive and i am a student sad.gif

I suggest one would use "Amino-eXplode" and "Amino-pills" at first. They are a lot cheaper, not harmfull and perfect for beginners to build up a little body first. Then i would try "Creatine" to build up a lot of mass. I think 1 kilo of this stuff is about $70 (70 euro's). But you have to eat so much of this stuff to gain effect, it is empty within a month.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Mar. 14 2002,16:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sad.gif  i am a stupid brick wall<span id='postcolor'>

Don`t cry, Gorgi tounge.gif

Here, I release my cheesehostages! All of them: Gauda, Leerdammer and so on!!

throws Gauda and the others out of the car at the dutch border

wink.gif Yep, pieces of smacked (but tasteful! ) cheese and peace between Fallen and good ol` Gorgi

races back to dutch border and gives Gorgi first aid

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Mar. 15 2002,07:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is called "Creatine". And yes, it is not harmfull and it works quite well. I myself have never used it, because it is very expensive and i am a student  sad.gif

I suggest one would use "Amino-eXplode" and "Amino-pills" at first. They are a lot cheaper, not harmfull and perfect for beginners to build up a little body first. Then i would try "Creatine" to build up a lot of mass. I think 1 kilo of this stuff is about $70 (70 euro's). But you have to eat so much of this stuff to gain effect, it is empty within a month.<span id='postcolor'>

Creatine is the second step energy storage molecule of human muscle. Bodybuilders eat it raw, because it is believed it increases the amount of energy available for a muscle in a fast exertion. So basicly eating it would enable you to rapidly pump weights for a slightly longer amount of time. Some people also claim it increases the rate of muscle healing after exertion, but there is little evidence to support this.

Thus eating creatine does not directly help you build up muscle mass, it just let's you do a couple more lifts with the weights. However, if you believe it works for you, eating it can have a placebo effect and thus make you THINK you are doing better.

Some studies suggest eating creatine can cause kidney damage.

Amino-pills basicly contain amino acids (which make up proteins) that your muscles need in order to grow. However, normal western diet has quite a bunch of amino acids as it is. If you believe Amino-pills work for you, eating them can have a placebo effect and thus make you THINK you are doing better. But if you don't want to put your money on crap, eat more meat to get more amino acids (meat = mostly muscle = lots of proteins = lots of amino acids). Meat tastes better and is cheaper than the pills.

You don't have to believe me, but I do have a M.Sc. in biochemistry and what's more, my colleague is a weight lifter with a M.Sc. in biochemistry and you can bet that he has really read up on this issue.

Cheers.

I believe you, Oligo biggrin.gif

I prefer eating much cornflakes, drinking liters of milk and so on. Get proteine from normal food is my point of view.

I also have done biochemistry, as it comes with my Biotechnology study for which i graduate in three months. I do believe what you say, because i know all of that. Using creatine while a train makes them want more proteins in order to grow. I eat chicken or fish every last meal (at 18: 00), but i don't want to eat it every part of the day. A human body can absorb 20 gram of protein (or amino-acids) in two hours. So eating meat every two hours is not what i want. So that's why i use the pills and the eXplode. And the creatine i am going to use is, just what u say, to have a little more energy. My muscles will demand the proteins in order to grow a little, which i will give them direct after the training in fluid form (the eXplode).

Also in order to grow your muscles, the normal Western diet does NOT have enough proteins. Only enough to maintain yourself. It is logical that if you want to grow, you need more of these. I take the maximum amount (20 grams in two hours) which is more then i need. I piss out what i don't need, but i don't want to measure exactly what i need.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Mar. 15 2002,08:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Using creatine while a train makes them want more proteins in order to grow. I eat chicken or fish every last meal (at 18: 00), but i don't want to eat it every part of the day. A human body can absorb 20 gram of protein (or amino-acids) in two hours. So eating meat every two hours is not what i want. So that's why i use the pills and the eXplode. And the creatine i am going to use is, just what u say, to have a little more energy. My muscles will demand the proteins in order to grow a little, which i will give them direct after the training in fluid form (the eXplode).<span id='postcolor'>

Creatine doesn't make your muscles want more protein. Creatine is an energy storage molecule. When you exert, your muscles eat up the supply of ATP in the muscle very quickly. Meanwhile, the muscles are stripping energy stored in creatine and thus making more ATP. When loaded creatine runs out, the muscles have to turn to glycogen and in the end, to fat for more energy. If you want to charge the creatine in muscle with energy, you eat sugar, not protein.

And you don't have to eat meat every two hours either. Human body absorbs 10 gram of protein every hour, but when you eat a good steak, it doesn't come flying out of your rear end right away. It stays in your intestine for hours if not days, so your body can suck in the amino acids, 10 grams per every hour.

So, eat meat during meals for aminos. Eat creatine, if you want to have a little more punch, while risking kidney damage.

When you excersise using creatine, you can lift heavier weights or do it more times. Your muscles need to grow in order to do more over a long time period, and thus need more proteins. I know that what i use is too much for my body to absorb but what i said, i don't want to measure it all out. You can gain a great muscular body without this diet, but it takes longer. Trust me, i've been doing it quit some time and have seen bodybuilders grow or not grow, depending on their diet.

and i do not plan to eat a good steak, although delicious, in the morning.  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Mar. 15 2002,08:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Trust me, i've been doing it quit some time and have seen bodybuilders grow or not grow, depending on their diet.<span id='postcolor'>

You have to remember that people have been like brick walls long before somebody came up with the idea of stuffing us full of diet 'supplements'. So you really don't need anything except normal food, suitable genes and a lot of exercise to put up muscle mass.

But if you WANT to pay up, I'm not going to stop you. smile.gif I hope that the kidney damage part isn't true.

Those people where hard workers. I work on a lab, and that is not very tough work. The heaviest thing i lift here are probably the lab animals i work with. The people with muscular body's are mostly people with shitty jobs, like people who make streets, building dam's and other heavy things. With this heavy work, they also eat more. If they don't, they won't get much muscles. But if they do, they also grow fast. My father is a carpenter and also makes roofs, builds houses and he eats like a pig. He gots huge muscles without sport and eating supplements. My uncle does the smame work, but doesn't eat much. He is a skinny guy and looks like a gnome.

And from the kidney, yes it is true sad.gif sadly enough.

I don't use it because of the price, but i don't think it's worth using it now. I like my kidney's.

Ive tried creatine.. I didnt find it too effective.. I tried it 20 min before, 20 min after.. and over 2 months it didnt show any increased.. anything... I prefer xenadrine and or ripped force.. gives ya tons of energy to lift more weight, run more.. etc etc.. build more muscle.. but make sure ya dont have any heart problems.. because it tweaks ya out pretty good..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Mar. 15 2002,09:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"Those people where hard workers. I work on a lab, and that is not very tough work. The heaviest thing i lift here are probably the lab animals i work with."

I think it's a quite nice thing to work in a lab, because you have to walk around for the whole day. I mean, you have to go to this instrument and to that instrument and fetch this from the storage room. I feel sorry for the people who just sit on their ass in front of a computer whole day. It is however true that there isn't much heavy lifting involved.

"The people with muscular body's are mostly people with shitty jobs, like people who make streets, building dam's and other heavy things. With this heavy work, they also eat more. If they don't, they won't get much muscles. But if they do, they also grow fast. My father is a carpenter and also makes roofs, builds houses and he eats like a pig. He gots huge muscles without sport and eating supplements. My uncle does the smame work, but doesn't eat much. He is a skinny guy and looks like a gnome."

Gaining muscles is also a genetic thing. Your father probably has genes, which push him towards muscular development. I don't know, but your uncle on the other hand might have genes that press him towards endurance development. Building huge muscle mass is not good endurance-wise.

During my treks in the nice wilderness areas we have up north, I have stumbled upon lot of quite old people who look like gnomes and are very skinny. But those people can do 40 kilometers a day with a backpack in a countryside devoid of any paths. That's endurance. Man I wish I had such stamina.

My uncle ones had to clean his house. (my mother came by and was stunned of the filthyness)

He did ONE closet, and he had to catch his breath for over a half hour.

biggrin.gif he is a skinny little gnome without stamina biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 15 2002,09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ive tried creatine.. I didnt find it too effective.. I tried it 20 min before, 20 min after.. and over 2 months it didnt show any increased.. anything...  I prefer xenadrine and or ripped force.. gives ya tons of energy to lift more weight, run more.. etc etc.. build more muscle.. but make sure ya dont have any heart problems.. because it tweaks ya out pretty good..<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, yeez. Xanadrine a.k.a. Ripped Force a.k.a. Thermadrine is a real number. This stuff has almost every legal stimulant on the market:

-Ephedrine which is a stimulant found in herbal extacy. Has caused several deaths BTW.

-Guarana Extract to give you more kick

-Caffeine to kick you even further

-Aspirin to mask any pain

Whoa. I remember you complained about insomnia a while back. Stuffing that much stimulants into your system, I'm surprised you can EVER sleep.

Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention this: These capsules contain NO energy whatsoever. All this stuff, it's just stimulants.

Turned out really interesting to read all that! Even if I`m no fan of doping myself that way. I`d prefer a meal-plan that includes all the stuff I need, not to take any pills or so...

Whoops, i used some dirty words in this reply. I'd better Edit this post.

Well, now we should discuss something else. It is almost

weekend, and i will leave work at 1 'o clock to go to

the sportschool for a couple of hours throwing weights.

Then it's back to home for some R&R.

For me it`s only eight minutes in my car to get home tounge.gif

But I wonder where I`ll be stationed if I really can reassign the army in officer ranks in july?

gives handkerchief to sobbing Gorgi

Couple of hours of work to do still. Then I'm off to run for half an hour. After that I have to sit in a train for two hours. But then I get to drink beer.

I'd say eight hours to go, before I'm totally drunk. biggrin.gif