Sign in to follow this  
tommylads18

weapon to work ingame?

hi, really new to using O2 and stuff, but ive made a mesh or amodel of a rifle id like to use, sorted the textures out, used BinPBO to put it into a .PBO file and then stuck that into my addons folder in arma. i run arma and go to the editor and cant find it anywhere. can somone point me in the direction, use a step by step guide seeing as im not that understanding on this subject =).

thanks

There are lots of tutorials and stuff on www.OFPEC.com. Basically, what you must do is export your mesh into .obj or .3ds format, then import it into O2 PE (a free modelling tool for ArmA). Then you must make all of the required LODs and selections (to tell the computer how to make shadows and what parts are the bolt, where the eye should be when looking through the sights, etc). You must then generate an RVMAT material file using the material editor. Then, you save it as a p3d with some semblance of a logical directory structure, and make config files for it. The config files tell the computer where to look for the model, what to call it in the editor, what the muzzle velocity is, what parts animate, etc. Once that is done, then you must binarize it using binpbo. Then, if there are no errors, you have an addon.