Sign in to follow this  
acrh2

Expect more bugs.

The game is very complex. Bugs are bound to turn up regardless of QC time. More with less QC time, fewer with more QC time.

This time, the game was released during the economic recession. Publishers must be pushing more and more games out w/o proper "old-school" QC.

This must be especially true on PC.

But don't expect all the bugs to be fixed. It may simply be not economically viable.

Edited by acrh2

Expect more flaming, fanboy arguments, and general clashes of the "sides" :)

funny - everyone is coming up with other arguments here, why they cannot accept the game like it is? Is there nothing else to do then coming here to the forums and telling all this? Instead enjoy the game or leave it be. There are other places to join your favorite games. :pet5:

I'd like to see evidence or a statement from the developers that bugs are being worked on. So far, the bugs appear to be so numerous, work on feature improvements (AI grass visibility) seems distant at best.

so what youre saying is that we should just put up and shut up? Im not interested in their financial woes, what I am interested in is the fact that I spent £25 on a game that is unplayable. Im not interested in hearing that I should 'just play the game and like it'. Its astonishingly ridiculous that you have to skip missions to continue. Oh and yes I played Opflash and Arma, and thought this time Bohemia would have learnt their lesson. Obviously not, therefore they have seen the last of my money. Oh and before anyone chooses to rant and rave at me, save your breath and your time because im just not interested.

so what youre saying is that we should just put up and shut up? Im not interested in their financial woes, what I am interested in is the fact that I spent £25 on a game that is unplayable. Im not interested in hearing that I should 'just play the game and like it'. Its astonishingly ridiculous that you have to skip missions to continue. Oh and yes I played Opflash and Arma, and thought this time Bohemia would have learnt their lesson. Obviously not, therefore they have seen the last of my money. Oh and before anyone chooses to rant and rave at me, save your breath and your time because im just not interested.

I said that we should start a revolution, not put up and shut up.

sorry i meant the guy that replied

I was hoping you did...:)

funny - everyone is coming up with other arguments here, why they cannot accept the game like it is? Is there nothing else to do then coming here to the forums and telling all this? Instead enjoy the game or leave it be. There are other places to join your favorite games. :pet5:

LOL "why they cannot accept the game like it is" because it doesn't friggin work!

I get 5 mins of gameplay and WHAMMO! I get a black screen saying Receiving.... I didn't pay $50 to see a black screen with a single word in the middle.

If I was getting flashing textures or pop in houses right in front of me that would be annoying but still playable. So if I am to accept it as it is I should contact the local consumer affairs department and complain that the product I have is not working as advertised, or has BIS got small print on the back of the box saying "This product comes complete with a multitude of bugs almost guaranteeing to destroy your long awaited game experience".

I'd like to see evidence or a statement from the developers that bugs are being worked on. So far, the bugs appear to be so numerous, work on feature improvements (AI grass visibility) seems distant at best.

As there hasn't been an announcement that "1.02.5343478 is the final patch" then it's a given future patches are being worked on which obviously will include bug and performance fixes.

As there hasn't been an announcement that "1.02.5343478 is the final patch" then it's a given future patches are being worked on which obviously will include bug and performance fixes.

I hope so. I really really do.

Meanwhile, bad reviews makes the sales dwindle.

I hope so. I really really do.

Meanwhile, bad reviews makes the sales dwindle.

ArmA2 is getting pretty decent reviews and sales no?

LOL "why they cannot accept the game like it is" because it doesn't friggin work!

I get 5 mins of gameplay and WHAMMO! I get a black screen saying Receiving.... I didn't pay $50 to see a black screen with a single word in the middle.

you know you can tap the map key twice, and carry on playing.... right ?

Why does everyone keep labeling ArmA II as unplayable? If it was unplayable it wouldn't be working for the majority of buyers, including myself. Saying it's unplayable means exactly what it says - you can't play it. Yet people are. So stop calling it unplayable as it's not, unless you say explicitly "unplayable for me".

People over-exaggerate a lot now...

Why does everyone keep labeling ArmA II as unplayable? If it was unplayable it wouldn't be working for the majority of buyers, including myself. Saying it's unplayable means exactly what it says - you can't play it. Yet people are. So stop calling it unplayable as it's not, unless you say explicitly "unplayable for me".

+1.

Yes, the game is bugged and yes, it is going to get fixed. Most of the bugs aren't even game-stopping. And before anyone even starts about the campaign: if you hate it because of the bugs, just stop playing it, play MP/SP missions instead and get back to the campaign once it's fixed with patches.

I'm enjoying ArmA 2.

I don't think it's buggy or flawed at all. I am amazed by the game and it's potential.

I salute BIS.

any game that cannot be finished due to bugs is unplayable end of story

I'm enjoying ArmA 2.

I don't think it's buggy or flawed at all. I am amazed by the game and it's potential.

I salute BIS.

sorry but WTF !!!

you don't think its buggy ? i think what you mean is... "i personally haven't experienced any bugs"

just take a look at the troubleshooting forum, the game is riddled with countless bugs, it just so happens you have been lucky enough to not encounter them yet.

I'm enjoying ArmA 2.

I salute BIS.

Well good for you, you have obviously managed to purchase a copy that has no coding flaws whatsoever. However this would suggest the fact that some copies are bugged and others arent, which is equally unacceptable.

End of YOUR story, Buggers to those who see only one aspect of play in this type of game. There is a multitude of ways to play, and thank you Sirex for a work around for that.

Different CODE!?!?! what crack pipe are you smoking? it's the same frikkin game?!?! I need to leave before the crazyness overwhelms me and I get my first infraction.

End of YOUR story, Buggers to those who see only one aspect of play in this type of game. There is a multitude of ways to play, and thank you Sirex for a work around for that.

Different CODE!?!?! what crack pipe are you smoking? it's the same frikkin game?!?! I need to leave before the crazyness overwhelms me and I get my first infraction.

yes well worked out that it's the same game. Subtlety obviously isnt your strong point. To be perfectly honest, im not interested in your opinion, I just want BIS to get the message. You can sit here and post angry fanboy messages all day, I on the other hand am spending my time telling people not to buy the game. Dont get angry, because its not going to make any difference

any game that cannot be finished due to bugs is unplayable end of story

I finished it without any bugs.

I on the other hand am spending my time telling people not to buy the game. Dont get angry, because its not going to make any difference

Prepare to have a very short stay here then.

then you must have also got one of these elusive 'perfect' copies. I salute your brilliance

then you must have also got one of these elusive 'perfect' copies. I salute your brilliance

Or perhaps you have no idea how to setup/use a PC?

I forsee a lock soon.

Prepare to have a very short stay here then.

i will shed a tear