well what if it was MW vs. gundams like Bluefor was gundam and opfor was MW? would that anger ppl but i might just release one side as a addon pack and turn the other into a mod

That sounds good to me wouldnt anger me i guess and hijacking them if theyre Empty is always possible =D + opfor as MW would pwn =p

That sounds good to me wouldnt anger me i guess and hijacking them if theyre Empty is always possible =D + opfor as MW would pwn =p

Yes it would.

Only problem about macross is that the 'unseen' mechs from MW are stolen from Macross so you could have mechs on both sides that are the same lol.

Hi Folks,

I have been watching this thread for some time now. I am really excited about the concept of mechanoid units in ARMAII. To date, I have been closely watching the thread on the Armaholic forums (walker), and I hope there is some potential for such a creation for ARMA2.

Grub put it quite well in a previous comment. I remember OFP days, and the mechs that were created by modders were good, but they did not have articulated legs.

Does ARMA 2 have the same limitations?

Also, it would be nice to see the Robotech, Battletech and other mechs created for the game, but wouldn't a good first step be trying to design a mech that would be easily ported into the game as a first test design.

As I have said, on the Armaholic forum, someone is trying to create a mech, but instead of trying to create a completely new mech from scratch (or at least, from online designs), he/she is using what appears to be mech legs from Mechwarrior (madcat or vulture legs), and then using mashed parts already found in ARMA2 (cockpit from an apache plus chin turret 30mm cannon - maybe from PMC?, hellfire missiles, a M1A1 turrent, stock machine guns and grenade throwers).

It seems that this may be a pragmatic way to design a first mech: use as many existing parts and animations that already work in ARMA2 first, and only add necessary components that are not part of ARMA2 (legs and possible leg animations).

The mech design is reminiscent of a Battlefield 2142 walker (surprised no one has suggested one of those).

My two cents worth. This is a great idea, but I hope no one is biting off far more than they can chew for a first mech design.

Cheers,

Gaultesian the elder (aka Gaultesian)

Yes it would.

Only problem about macross is that the 'unseen' mechs from MW are stolen from Macross so you could have mechs on both sides that are the same lol.

That could be yeah But Remember MW comes from a Much Bigger mech series.. I cant remember the other games but Most mechs come from the Series MW was made of But i thought of Advantages and DIs atvantages for All mech's The Gundam types Fewer weapons same power as MW mechs but Faster the MW mechs slow More Weapons Good armor but weak at the rear (the Gundam types could use thier boosters and speed to get to their rear and blast em apart

i would show yall some things someone ported for me that was in Arma1 but unfortunately its the waiting game im going to contact the guys on Armaholic though

Battlefield 2142 walker

Although I caught the sight by youtube video, it is moving very well. Is it the user mod?

The Gundam types Fewer weapons same power as MW mechs but Faster the MW mechs slow More Weapons Good armor but weak at the rear (the Gundam types could use thier boosters and speed to get to their rear and blast em apart

But MW mech were slow because they were more towards the realism rather than silly giant robot men prancing about like they're doing ballet or something.

But MW mech were slow because they were more towards the realism rather than silly giant robot men prancing about like they're doing ballet or something.

just because they move slow doesnt make them more real it requires more factors than just that

just because they move slow doesnt make them more real it requires more factors than just that

Well the fact they weigh has much as tanks if not more, it would be hard for them to be able to jump about so easily and freely. Thats MW MW movement is more realisticly viable.

More info of MW random tho lol and Some other stuff that MAY be usefell (Mw comes from the Battletech series so macross like mechs may come from battletech many if not all MW mechs are from the Battletech universe =p )

About weapons MW mostly has Gauss ( magnetic accelerated Projectiles ) PPC: Some high damage weapon that may cause over heating at you and Enemy. Lasers: - Pulse beam and Charge lasers) Various Missles/rockets: from short to long ranged ones. Some flares to light up Things. Artillery beacons. Ballistic weapons : Mostly machine guns and Shot gun like weapons Also includes the Gauss type weapons And the Long tom Artillery ( A heavy and High damage type of weapon But fires in an arc I may have missed some weapon types but this is all i remember. Btw that Beetle mech looks sweet and big =p

If you like some good infos about Classic Battletech/BattleMech Technology:

http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=text&page=BattleMech_Technology

+ video (to see how huge these Mechs are and how they move + fire)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYoe_phkMYk&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYoe_phkMYk&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i have recently postponed this project until someone solves the animation issues there are other projects trying to solve this issue aswel such as the star wars mod and the walker on armaholic. once I see its been solved I will contact them and find out how they solved it and begin my work again. right now Im busy with ACE2 and various other community projects