Sign in to follow this  
p75

Fake Flir script for Arma 2?

I was wondering if you could make a modified version of this script to use on the m1a2 tank so that it has white hot black hot capabilites for the gunners sight as it should.

I was wondering if you could make a modified version of this script to use on the m1a2 tank so that it has white hot black hot capabilites for the gunners sight as it should.

Just add the line to the tank's init. It works.

EDIT: Yep, works for commander, now to just combine them.

Edited by Apocal

nee hoor :) just wanted to show that coddies did it.

Ja, awel, eerst zien dan geloven. Will be interesting to see how that game picks up.

To only give the action to a gunner:

_vehicle addAction ["Toggle FLIR", "script\FLIR_main.sqf", [], 1, false, false, "", "(player != vehicle player) && (gunner vehicle player == player)"];

Great work btw Gachopin.

Anyone know how exacly do you add this action after vehicle respawn?

thanks guys this is what i came up with CAA1 and Flir script

Video for LAV-25 in Avgani

thanks guys this is what i came up with CAA1 and Flir script

Video for LAV-25 in Avgani

Lol, a bit quick on the trigger. I get: Video is not yet processed from Youtube :D

I'm curious, in Chernarus the script is not working good near cities as the vehicles/units merge with the building "lights".

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Nice mate, looks good!

Slightly yes... Seeing how its an IR camera... Should be able to see slightly through Fog at least... not sure about smoke though.

shouldn't you be able to see through the smoke in real life? or at least fog?
i dont think so

You should unless there is infrared blocking smoke? ;)

Slightly yes... Seeing how its an IR camera... Should be able to see slightly through Fog at least... not sure about smoke though.

It is Pseudo Flir, better than nothing, not? Some people are trying to work on real Flir, but it will take some time.

Grtz

After messing around with the FLIR script for a while yesterday I found one way to get it to work with vehicle respawn. I’m sure there is a better way, but seeing as how no one else has posted anything yet I thought I’d share my results. I used a trigger activated on the vehicles destruction to run a small script that sleeps for 30 seconds then runs the FLIR script again on that vehicle. The vehicle respawn is set to 10 seconds so it will be back on the map when the FLIR runs on it again. The sleep and respawn times can be changed to what ever is needed as long as the sleep time is longer than the respawn time. I made a test mission incase anyone is having trouble and wants to take a look at this method up close.

RespawnFLIRtest.utes.pbo.7z

Edited by StanThaMan

After messing around with the FLIR script for a while yesterday I found one way to get it to work with vehicle respawn. I’m sure there is a better way, but seeing as how no one else has posted anything yet I thought I’d share my results. I used a trigger activated on the vehicles destruction to run a small script that sleeps for 30 seconds then runs the FLIR script again on that vehicle. The vehicle respawn is set to 10 seconds so it will be back on the map when the FLIR runs on it again. The sleep and respawn times can be changed to what ever is needed as long as the sleep time is longer than the respawn time. I made a test mission incase anyone is having trouble and wants to take a look at this method up close.

RespawnFLIRtest.utes.pbo.7z

Nice but for example in evo you already have 4 different respawns and they all have different timers. One for armed vehicles, one for unarmed, one for civilian vehicles and one for enemy AA. Some have 30min respawn and some 10sec. What to do here?

Having problems getting this to work. Ive basicly made a mission and need to have the Aircraft equipped with the FLIR so that when someone gets in as the gunner they can use it.

Unfortunately im having problems making this happen so if anyone could assist I would be most grateful and will of course send you over a copy of the mission once completed.

Got this working Lovely now :)

Edited by [45Cdo]Kotp

Can`t attach flir to any vehicle

_vehicle = "GAZ_Vodnik_HMG";

or

_vehicle = vehicle(GAZ_Vodnik_HMG);

Just doesn`t work have already spended 3 hours on trying different configurations

only one works

_vehicle = vehicle(player);

HELP