Sign in to follow this  
p75

Fake Flir script for Arma 2?

Worked good. :) However is there any key for switching between WHOT/BHOT or only one of them with contrast change (Q - E)?

Could only use white and not switch to black like in the UAV.

Alex

Worked good. :) However is there any key for switching between WHOT/BHOT or only one of them with contrast change (Q - E)?

Could only use white and not switch to black like in the UAV.

Alex

R key.

The question I have is how to allow everyone: pilot or gunner to have flir? Or any vehicle for that matter?

Great script! Is it compatible to multiplayer mode? What about JIP or vehicle respawn? Is the script still working after those things?

---how to use my script at your mission---

1.In edit mode, put your vehicles(have turret) and naming.

2.Save your mission as "user mission".

3.Copy script folder into your mission folder and delete 2 lines at init.sqf.

_vehicle = vehicle(player); <-unnessesary

[_vehicle] execVM "script\FLIR_init.sqf"; <-unnessesary

A line add at init.sqf

[name] execVM "script\FLIR_init.sqf";

------------------------------------------

This script can use only 'gunner'.

If you want to use it as driver or another turret gunner,

rewrite(or delete) line 4 and line 59 at FLIR_main.sqf.

If you want to change it's key assign,

rewrite under line 64 , "keyEventD function" at FLIR_function.sqf.

'case 19' means "R".

Check this url.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

I think this script can work multiplay.

When vehicle respawned, You need exec this script using eventhandler or trigger.

Edited by Gachopin

Truly awesome. I cant for the life of me figure out why Arma doesnt have this feature (out of the box).

Anyways thanks for the script, I love it.

Hey mate, thanks.

Ifigured it out last night :-).

I have one problem remaining with the script and that is that when one switches within the team (teamswitching), the FLIR option disappears. How can I make it so every member of my team has the option?

Appreciating your input!

This is a out of the box feature, then MQ-9 Reaper has this func :P

This is a out of the box feature, then MQ-9 Reaper has this func :P

Lol, yes, and you figured out how to apply it to the choppers etc, right? The man desreves credit, please be respectable.

I've added this great script onto the Kiowa Warrior it iwill be in the next release.

Big thanks to Gachopin.

Southy

Mate, that is an awesome script. So this was in arma2 all along? WTF is the UAV using then?

QUOTE=cm;1380938]Mate, that is an awesome script. So this was in arma2 all along? WTF is the UAV using then?

The UAV uses a whole bunch of scripts, I messed about with them but was unable to get a decent result.

This is very good.

Southy

quick video here:

=Ahc1bcMlBEQ

just uploaded it so it might take a while to appear...

Edited by Eble

Lol, yes, and you figured out how to apply it to the choppers etc, right? The man desreves credit, please be respectable.

I have the utmost respect for the person that figured out how to apply this script from the MQ-9 to the AH-1Z... I am simply replying to another post saying that this should be an out of the box function, which it is. Please actually read posts before you make more specially ones directed at people with potentially degrading comments in them.

Thanks.

I have the utmost respect for the person that figured out how to apply this script from the MQ-9 to the AH-1Z... I am simply replying to another post saying that this should be an out of the box function, which it is. Please actually read posts before you make more specially ones directed at people with potentially degrading comments in them.

Thanks.

Well, it is not straight out of the box as BIS intended it only for UAV. It takes a script to apply it elsewhere, and your post simply came accross as being rude.

Maybe I am mistaken but if you are standing outside the Helo FLIR AddAction comes up and works even though you are NOT GUNNER?

How do I code this to disable? :confused:

>vengeance1

The script had action menu bug.

When a soldier do action outside vehicle, FLIRscript worked.

I fixed action menu bug.Thanks!

All, please re-download! :D

FLIRtest_v2.zip

>vengeance1

FLIRtest_v2.zip

I just want the opposite, have it always available for any unit. How do I change that?

I just want the opposite, have it always available for any unit. How do I change that?

Place a unit on the map not in a vehicle. The FLIR option will be usable to any player that doesn’t start in a vehicle.

I was going to add this awesome script to a mission I am working on, but this small problem is holding me back on doing so. The mission will have pilots and infantry but the current configuration of the script will give all the ground infantry FLIR cam while on foot. Other than that this script is a really nice piece of work.

I'm using v2 of the script.

Edited by StanThaMan

>vengeance1

FLIRtest_v2.zip

Much Appreicated! Thanks.

By the way I find this works much better for multiple vehicles.

Run this in Init.sqf

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "script\FLIR_function.sqf";

Run this in each vehicle init you want to have FLIR.

nul=[this] execVM "script\FLIR_init.sqf";

Perhaps you have a better way but this works with my limited script skills:rolleyes:

Just put the extracted folder here:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Guys, I did some testing on Chernarus and the result is not good near a city. I added some bmps (3) near the city and no matter how I tuned the settings, they only showed up when in close range (200-300 meter) else I couldn't see them. The radar did, but I sure couldn't.

Can others also do some test on Chernarus and post their impressions or suggestions to make it better?

Still testing myself, will upload some movies later.

Just put the extracted folder here:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Guys, I did some testing on Chernarus and the result is not good near a city. I added some bmps (3) near the city and no matter how I tuned the settings, they only showed up when in close range (200-300 meter) else I couldn't see them. The radar did, but I sure couldn't.

Can others also do some test on Chernarus and post their impressions or suggestions to make it better?

Still testing myself, will upload some movies later.

what about the script where do I need to put that?

what about the script where do I need to put that?

Like I said.

lets try this again:

Kiowa fitted with the FLIR script, Utes Island:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahc1bcMlBEQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahc1bcMlBEQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Southy

lets try this again:

Kiowa fitted with the FLIR script, Utes Island:

Southy

Nice vid, now try to make something similair in Cheranrus near a city. You can't discover the troops/vehicles. It needs more tweaking, if you have the time, please test it, so we can improve it for the community.

Thanks!